Queen Elizabeth passes away at 96 with royal family by her side after battle with health issues

The Legion

Too bad. I liked her. Classy, but still a tough old broad. 😉

I read a story a while back where she met some Arabic dignitary at her country estate. The country this guy was from didn't allow women to drive. So she made a point of putting him in a Land Rover and giving him a tour of the place while she drove. Gotta love a gal like that. 😆

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I have never understand why people worship this family so much but I do hope she is a peace now. 

I’m with you, brother! I can even give British folks a pass on the enthusiasm, but have no idea why any American gives a chit about the royal family. Nothing else will be on tv for a month.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I have never understood why people worship this family so much but I do hope she is a peace now. 

I suppose there are some people who legitimate idolize the British royal family, but my own feelings toward QE2 are just simple admiration and respect.  As someone else pointed out, she was gutsy.  She also made it her lifelong commitment to put the people of her country first.  She, from all appearances, embodied the concept of Servant Leadership.  I admire that.

She very much seemed to be cut from the same cloth as what we've come to call "The Greatest Generation".   She served her country in WWII and knew what true evil looked like and was resolute to stand against it.

Again, I admire that.

I hope that she truly rests in peace and is now with God, enjoying an eternal reward for a job well done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, Links2k said:

You can’t upset Kate with brown Diana around. 

It couldn't possibly be the arrogance of a nothing that thought she was royalty before she was even in the family.  

I don't give two craps overall about the Royal family, but give me Kate any day for class and humility, royal or not.

As to fleecing the people, any English person I have ever talked to has in general supported the idea of the Royal family.  It's maybe not in our DNA, but it is certainly in theirs.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Hozzie said:

I don't give two craps overall about the Royal family, but give me Kate any day for class and humility, royal or not.

Yeah Kates so special that William cheated on her with a family friend, and let said friend probe him anally with a dildo.  Small price to pay for the queen in waiting.

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I don't get the whole Royalty thing either. Really don't care for the idea of it.

But I did admire Elizabeth. She was one Hell of a lady. 👍

I also liked the way that she carried herself, but she was the face colonization, even if she didn’t make the rules. A large part of the world is celebrating today.

4 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I have never understood why people worship this family so much but I do hope she is at peace now. 

I don’t know that anybody worships the family but QEII was a rather remarkable woman.  British royalty is fascinating for many, especially from an historical standpoint.

I reckon she’s had to hold her tongue quite a few times dealing with her family but has allowed them to do what they please. 

If you’d like to learn more join Mrs. Garufa and tune in to the BBC News channel.  It’s been on for hours now.  😀

• Like 1

I figure she must have had quite a backbone to deal with everything for so long.  I imagine her to have been a spunky lady like my Mamaw.

Screenshot_20220908-205440_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8973189e562dbb500bc41673be1ea633.jpg

Screenshot_20220908-205457_Chrome.thumb.jpg.33aacd4959dce2699bb3cb355b8e1226.jpg

Being the first televised coronation probably dod not hurt her popularity.

Screenshot_20220908-205559_Chrome.thumb.jpg.53729693e3bf3226de3050d79bff2423.jpg

Yeah.. like my Mamaw

hbz-queen-elizabeth-badass-ap-9307150277-index-1497445685.jpg.0e62a5e153894bdf1fa57e6121ce6237.jpg

And she seemed to have a sense of humor. 

Screenshot_20220908-205726_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1ba805b84ef6bce97ae441e97882926e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 9/8/2022 at 3:08 PM, Erik88 said:

I have never understood why people worship this family so much but I do hope she is at peace now. 

It's celebrity worship with some, many women of course the fairytale fantasy. Many more Brits though it's History, Ceremony, connection to Great Britain's long past when "The Sun Never Set" on the British Empire....Patriotism? I have to admit annoyance with most of the Royals in the news today, especially the two who reside in the US and smack talk us, and I  have to wonder why they still exist but...

QE2 wasn't supposed to be Queen of course. It was thrust upon her as a child when her Uncle the Nazi leaning lovestruck King threw in the towel. At that point Elizabeth's Father became King and she was next up when he died. You have to admire the way she handled the position and her charisma and character seemed genuine. Charles doesn't seem up to filling her shoes and perhaps with his reign the institution will be pressured to become something else, something less. 

Not many 21 yr olds dedicate their lives to something other than themselves. Much less fulfill that promise for the next 78 years of their life. If for nothing else, that is worth admiring. 

I think the apples off that tree ran way down the hill, into a river, and floated away.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:09 PM, Links2k said:

I also liked the way that she carried herself, but she was the face colonization, even if she didn’t make the rules. A large part of the world is celebrating today.

You mean like the most recent and largest ... India? or how about Hong Kong?   

3 hours ago, Smith said:

You mean like the most recent and largest ... India? or how about Hong Kong?   

Closer to home, Ireland where they chanted Lizzies in a box at a soccer match, some Australians and most of the continent of Africa. Again, the colonization wasn’t Elizabeth’s fault. It was inherited at a young age, and was continually dismantled during her reign.  It was only a few weeks ago that another African country announced that it no longer wanted to be under the crown. 

30 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Closer to home, Ireland where they chanted Lizzies in a box at a soccer match, some Australians and most of the continent of Africa. Again, the colonization wasn’t Elizabeth’s fault. It was inherited at a young age, and was continually dismantled during her reign.  It was only a few weeks ago that another African country announced that it no longer wanted to be under the crown. 

Your contradicting you first post I replied to. If they want out, they are and have been let out from under the crown. Not sure why her death would be a celebratory occasion for any of those places. 

43 minutes ago, Links2k said:

We have family in Australia. They vote every so often to separate themselves from England. Every year there are more people who support separation. The last time we talked about it Australia was at about 50/50. That was a few years ago.  

I do take great delight in watching them get into the wrong side of the car at least once every time they come to the US.

They are very liberal. Kind of odd because Australia is socially set in the US 50s. The south is more open to "new" ideas. Women are expected to stay home kind of thing. Australians are quick to judge the US for civil rights and even quicker to forget the "Lost generation" of Aborigines. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Smith said:

Your contradicting you first post I replied to. If they want out, they are and have been let out from under the crown. Not sure why her death would be a celebratory occasion for any of those places. 

History my guy. I know it’s not popular anymore, but the British empire and others like Leopold II raped the people and the continent of Africa of its natural resources. This theft continues today by China, America and others. France has been one of the few countries to repatriate stolen artifacts. I know it’s not taught in school, but the British empire that Elizabeth inherited was brutal, and remained that way for most of her rule. Do some google. I’ve been explaining this to people all day.  I’m tired. I will admit that I love to watch their weddings, funerals and parades. It’s a thing of beauty. 

I might add, just like in this country, people don’t forget about you being evil because you’re forced to stop being evil.

Edited by Links2k
Removed vulgar video
1 hour ago, Links2k said:

History my guy. I know it’s not popular anymore, but the British empire and others like Leopold II raped the people and the continent of Africa of its natural resources. This theft continues today by China, America and others. France has been one of the few countries to repatriate stolen artifacts. I know it’s not taught in school, but the British empire that Elizabeth inherited was brutal, and remained that way for most of her rule. Do some google. I’ve been explaining this to people all day.  I’m tired. I will admit that I love to watch their weddings, funerals and parades. It’s a thing of beauty. 

I might add, just like in this country, people don’t forget about you being evil because you’re forced to stop being evil.

I have a degree in history and have taught history. Googling history may be part of the problem.