Queen Elizabeth passes away at 96 with royal family by her side after battle with health issues

The Legion

6 minutes ago, Smith said:

I have a degree in history and have taught history. Googling history may be part of the problem.

Or ignoring history 

Did the British and other colonizers not ravage the people and countries in Africa, Scotland, Asia, Ireland, and Australia?

Edited by Links2k
13 minutes ago, Links2k said:

Or ignoring history 

Did the British and other colonizers not ravage the people and countries in Africa, Scotland, Asia, Ireland, and Australia?

Well, if you want to get all historical, America was founded by doing the same thing, hell most civilizations did the same, subjugating other less powerful peoples to become the ruling society in their area.   But that made our countries what they are today, and nobody alive today, or even the recently deceased, was involved in any of that so its in bad form to hold them responsible for it.

Many in Africa today are presently in the process of doing the same thing so if you want to blame anyone for these acts, there are many alive today that a finger can be pointed at.

14 minutes ago, Omega said:

Well, if you want to get all historical, America was founded by doing the same thing, hell most civilizations did the same, subjugating other less powerful peoples to become the ruling society in their area.   But that made our countries what they are today, and nobody alive today, or even the recently deceased, was involved in any of that so its in bad form to hold them responsible for it.

Many in Africa today are presently in the process of doing the same thing so if you want to blame anyone for these acts, there are many alive today that a finger can be pointed at.

I left out the Polynesians, Mayans, Jamaicans and others. 

Your point is valid and I agree with you. I’m talking to the folks behaving like the royal family are the prototype for Disney movies. Their shyt does stink. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Omega said:

if you want to blame anyone for these acts, there are many alive today that a finger can be pointed at.

Yep! America, Israel, our other allies and people we hate but give billions of dollars to because they also hate our enemies. 

Name me some people in history that did kill other people for something they wanted. They'd have to be very isolated and if that was the case then they killed each other. Doesn't justify it for anyone else, it's just the way it is. Looking at the totality of a person's life or a country and saying they were good as a whole is fine. The guy you punched in the nose when you were 12 is still pissed at you.

57 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

Name me some people in history that did kill other people for something they wanted. They'd have to be very isolated and if that was the case then they killed each other. Doesn't justify it for anyone else, it's just the way it is. Looking at the totality of a person's life or a country and saying they were good as a whole is fine. The guy you punched in the nose when you were 12 is still pissed at you.

Yea, but some are pissed because their great great grandfathers friend got punched in the nose by some other guys great great grandfather.

1 hour ago, Alleycat72 said:

The guy you punched in the nose when you were 12 is still pissed at you.

😂I was sixteen. How did you know about that?🤣 I remember tearing my shirt off like Jerry Lawler before I broke his nose.  Sorry about your nose Mark. 😀

27 minutes ago, Omega said:

Yea, but some are pissed because their great great grandfathers friend got punched in the nose by some other guys great great grandfather.

Like I told someone the other day, it’s all good until it happens to you or someone you know.  I see why this country is f*cked. The response to nearly every issue is “well what about?”.  Ya’ll have fun mourning the colonizer, and I’ll enjoy the funeral. I’m certain it will be beautifully impressive. 

Edited by Links2k
13 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Wonder how many walked by looking down at their phone & missed the coffin.

I've been watching the live stream of the lying in state...

I am utterly amazed in this day and age the reverence she commands even in death. 5 mile long lines to get in, at least every other mourner bowing down at the coffin. Total rock star × 10 this woman was to the majority of the British Public. King Charles will never get that respect. 

On a side note...

The guard passing out face first from the platform onto the hard stone floor was painful to watch. Right on his face. Broken nose, jaw, neck or brain injury?? Haven't heard anything but it was pretty bad.

2 hours ago, AuEagle said:

1%20(38).JPG

And the only one I’m interested in following.

I’ve never understood following people’s private lives that I don’t know.  Hell, there are people I know and am close to that I don’t know as much about as some of y’all know about the queen.  I don’t even understand the Royal family’s purpose.   

• Thanks 2
59 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

According to current news reports, it appears she’s still dead.😬

You’d think she was queen of the United States.

What, you didn't catch the wall to wall coverage, gold coffin burial, of a felon who died of a drug overdose?