Newbie from Kingsport/Church Hill

Hey everyone.....Bill here.....just doin a bunch of reading.....lots of great info here.

Also, I would love to find a place to shoot my pistols....If you know of a place near here......please let me know......thanks.

Taurus .357 66.......Hi-Point 9MM......Beretta Neos .22......Marlin .22 .......Marlin .35 ..... Browning Light 12

Edited by titan14
trying to multitask....lol
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Matchguy

Bill,

Look into the Cherokee Rod and Gun Club in Sullivan Gardens, Kingsport. They have a website on www.cherokeerodandgunclub.com and offer two trap ranges, a skeet range, two covered rifle and pistol ranges, and a catfish pond. After joining they give you a card for the gate reader and you can come in and shoot on your own from sunup till sundown except on Sunday, which is open from noon to five. There are no rangemasters on duty.

I've been there for about seven years and run the Military Rifle and Pistol Matches for them. Kettlefoot is in Bristol and Unaka is in Johnson City. Both are super clubs. Also, Wilderness is a good club and is right across the VA border north of town. Talk to Jim at Eagle Arms in Kingsport about Wilderness as he's a member there as well as at Cherokee.

Hope to see you around.

MatchGuy

Guest Matchguy
Thanks Matchguy....I'm taking my HCP class @ Cherokee on the 4th.....that'll give me a chance to look at the facility.

Good deal. Hope to see you there sometime.

welcome to TGO. As for a place to shoot, we are having a shoot up in Kingsport in April.

See this thread for details.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17291

Mike....I am obviously new to this...I was wondering if the shoot is open to all or just the Military style rifles.....I would love to see all the old stuff, but, was wondering if i would be "out of place" just wandering around. Will there be a chance to shoot my pistols? I dont want to intrude or be a "stick in the mud" either....just wondering?

Mike....I am obviously new to this...I was wondering if the shoot is open to all or just the Military style rifles.....I would love to see all the old stuff, but, was wondering if i would be "out of place" just wandering around. Will there be a chance to shoot my pistols? I dont want to intrude or be a "stick in the mud" either....just wondering?

Open to all members of TGO, which you are now a member.

Shoot what you want is the basic rule.

Can't imagine you would be out of place unless you were wearing an Obama Tshirt. :lol:

You won't be an intruder or a strick in the mud. You will be on the firing line with the rest of us :down:

Come on out, it is a lot of fun!

Open to all members of TGO, which you are now a member.

Shoot what you want is the basic rule.

Can't imagine you would be out of place unless you were wearing an Obama Tshirt. :lol:

You won't be an intruder or a strick in the mud. You will be on the firing line with the rest of us :down:

Come on out, it is a lot of fun!

I think i will.....i actually only live about 5 miles from there....seems like most here are "good" people.....and you wouldn't catch me dead in an Obama shirt.....if I were....i would be clutching my EMPTY Taurus.....lol

i will vouch for that.

Hey Mike.......I drove by Mark's place today....but....I didnt want to spook anyone(in my gov't service vehicle) so I left pretty quickly. Looks like a nice place....and is really convenient for me. i've talked to the better half and i think she's gonna come with me. I may even have to make a batch of Titan's Special recipe cowboy beans....lookin forward to meeting new friends!

Guest tadams
hey tadams...good to hear from a previous k-towner...lol....you comin to the shoot?

I had been planning to but just can't, right now. I've got way too many "what ifs" happening at the present moment and need to stick closer to those for the next couple months.

No extended play time for me. ;) But in the long run, it should be for the better.

Make the bang switch go boom a couple times for me, will ya?

I had been planning to but just can't, right now. I've got way too many "what ifs" happening at the present moment and need to stick closer to those for the next couple months.

No extended play time for me. ;) But in the long run, it should be for the better.

Make the bang switch go boom a couple times for me, will ya?

Most definitely!!!!!!!........i like to hear the bang......ohhhhhhhhh how i like to hear it!!!!!!