.40 cal Pistol Compensators

scatman

Alright, anyone used one? If so, please tell me your experiences and what product you used. I've found that this is harder to get comps for than .45 and I'm struggling with what to buy. Ideally I'd like a comp that is dual ported topside along with single ports on both left and right sides, my experience with different comps has lead me to believe this style offers the best benefits along with reliability. 

I use a few on 40 and 45 from the cheap tridelta style to Rowland and YHM and these are my go to.  Usually just run lone wolf flash hider on 40 or rifle style thread protector if I want to mitigate recoil or slow timing.   I ditched LW older wolf style. Didn’t like gas back toward me and the cheap tridelta flea bay comps do a good job. The YHM system is nice and stays put for me, doesn’t use of set screws and won’t get you side ports which you don’t need for 40s&w imo.  

not exactly what you’re looking for but chinessium tridelta style are good for 40 and YHM is nice, just be patient because they’re not always in stock. The new lone wolf look good but they’ve about abandoned 40 so no clue if available. I haven’t shopped for 40 cal comps in a decade but with 10mm popularity I’m surprised no replies and there may be good offerings out there. I have a heavy brass micro comp sometimes for 9mm and would stay away from the micro category if you want something noticeable outside of the aesthetic tactical dingle berry category. 

post what you try or settle on. 

I currently use a Zev Tech Pro v1 on my g19, 9mm. Love it, great performance and results. I used a mass driver comp on an HK45 USP before, great again, but as you said, I'm surprised with the rise in 10mm that this post has sat untouched, the YHM I've looked at looks more geared for carbines. I'm looking for something suited more for a handgun, and would prefer to not go the mass driver route on my .40.