Bersa Fire Storm 380 Ammo

Guest D Mason

Guest D Mason

I have a Bersa 380 and fired 100 rounds of Magtech ammo and had only one misfire. I got a box of winchester full metal jacket and it misfired 12 times. Does anyone know what kind of Ammo will do the best with this gun? Sorry if this is not the right place to ask.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Matchguy

What's the history of the gun, Mr. Mason? Is it a new one, old one? Had any other problems with it? Not knowing anything else about the gun I'd say you might want to take advantage of Bersa's lifetime warranty and have it looked at. I don't think a well made gun like the Bersa should be misfiring like that regardless of the brand of ammo used as long as it's to specs. FWIW.

MatchGuy

Edited by Matchguy
Guest D Mason

It is a new gun have only shot three boxes of ammo. Only had it about 2 weeks. Sorry I hit the wrong key for the Bersa 380

Edited by D Mason
It is a new gun have only shot three boxes of ammo. Only had it about 2 weeks.

Well, unless that ammo was out of spec, which I doubt, then something isn't right. FMJ should be the most forgiving, plus that's what you need to carry in .380 anyway (a full load FMJ of some sort, I mean, not target load).

- OS

Guest DoDFire

Try ya a box of Hornady Critical Defense :P

I shot Magtech, Remington UMC, and Speer Lawman, and I loaded up with the Critical Defense. It ate them all with no problems, for SD I like the Hornadys.

Guest SUNTZU

I've never had a problem with Winchester FMJ .380 in my Bersa. I have shot the Remington in the green and white box. Right now I keep it stocked with the Hornady, which feeds fine as well.

It is a new gun have only shot three boxes of ammo. Only had it about 2 weeks. Sorry I hit the wrong key for the Bersa 380

You're still in the break in period.

Just shoot the bajeezus out of it,and give it a real good cleaning!

I'm not sure as to the quantiles on that one,but I think most are around 200 rounds or so,some upwards 500.

Guest Major Pain

Maybe a fluff and buff and good cleaning, but agree with strickj when he says put some more rounds through it, not broke in good yet.--MP

Guest Matchguy

Mr. Mason, here's what I would do: Field strip it, clean it thoroughly by brushing it out with a toothbrush and solvent, then follow up with a strong blasting out with non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner, being careful to use it outdoors and use glasses and gloves. Be sure to keep it away from your skin and don't breathe the fumes. Clean it all, but pay particular attention to the chamer, the loading ramp, and the breech face Then relubricate the gun and try it again. . A crudded up chamber and/or breech face can cause misfires. Be sure to try it with all the magazines you have to see if one of them is contributing to the problem or is the entire problem. I doubt it but try it anyway.

Under no circumstances would I personally spend the money for several hundred rounds of .380 ammo just to get the gun to function right. If it doesn't work right in, say, fifty rounds of good factory loads after doing all this cleaning, send it back to Bersa and let them do the worrying. No offense intended to the guys with opposing opinions, but running 500 rounds through it to get it working right increases the cost of the gun tremendously and I absolutely refuse to do it. IMHO. Best wishes. Let us know how it comes out.

MG

I will have to agree with the majority, and say it is still in the "break-in" stage.

My wife's Bersa .380 shoots everything I have fed it so far, except for Wolf. It hates wolf for some reason.

I would also agree with giving it a good cleaning, to get all that factory gunk out of it, and then shoot the mess out of it. :)