PSA 5.56 Jakl

RC3

Have you guys seen this thing? It honestly looks pretty interesting and kinda dope. I don't like the price tag but it seems to have potential. It kinda reminds me of the Swedish AK 5c or the Sig SG553. I might build one out for funzies at some point. 

Edited by RC3
Stupid auto correct
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, What I would give for a sig 553. I agree it shares some qualities other than the $3k+ price tag. Looks a lot like that Tinck Arms Perun too but half the price. I would love to hear from someone who gets their hands on one of the JAKLs. I'm not the biggest fan of PSA AK type products for all the typical reasons but I'd be willing to give this 'hybrid' setup a shot.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:23 AM, molov said:

Oh man, What I would give for a sig 553. I agree it shares some qualities other than the $3k+ price tag. Looks a lot like that Tinck Arms Perun too but half the price. I would love to hear from someone who gets their hands on one of the JAKLs. I'm not the biggest fan of PSA AK type products for all the typical reasons but I'd be willing to give this 'hybrid' setup a shot.

What do you mean by "typical reasons"?

6 hours ago, RC3 said:

What do you mean by "typical reasons"?

I've handled a few and they just didn't feel right to me. Not necessarily cheap but middle of the row. I have a Saiga, Zastava, and some other AK type platforms that are much higher quality but they are also a bit more expensive. Had a friend have QC issues that caused him to send it back a couple of times and then he got rid of it due to the hassle. I hang out in other forums and have seen posts on various AK forums about reliability/QC issues. Lastly, US made AK's don't hold their value as much.

All that said, that is just my particular opinion on PSA AKs in rifle calibers. The price is more than reasonable and I've heard plenty of happy people with their PSA AK. I have been considering an AKV after handling one. That product feels a lot better to me and I've heard nothing but good things about that particular build.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks neat, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 4 digits on one. I'd just save up one more paycheck and get a CZ Bren 2 in 5.56 and have a battle tested weapon from a reputable manufacturer. 

(I still love PSA, I've spent plenty of money with them over the years)

16 hours ago, JonDaddy82 said:

It looks neat, but I couldn't bring myself to spend 4 digits on one. I'd just save up one more paycheck and get a CZ Bren 2 in 5.56 and have a battle tested weapon from a reputable manufacturer. 

(I still love PSA, I've spent plenty of money with them over the years)

I can attest to the CZ Bren series of rifles. I have an 805 and love it. I want a Bren 2 eventually as well but yeah $$$.

7 minutes ago, JonDaddy82 said:

I had some 805's, then sold them and moved to the Bren 2 platform. The weight savings was just too much to ignore.

I like how overbuilt the 805 feels but absolutely agree it is really heavy. That weight sure does make the recoil disappear.

Edited by molov
I can't spell apparently.
2 hours ago, molov said:

I like how overbuilt the 805 feels but absolutely agree it is really heavy. That weight sure does make the recoil disappear.

LOVED that feeling. But trying to lug that bad boy for a few hours in a training class is exhausting. In addition the aftermarket never really showed up so much for the 805 which really bothered me. HBI and A3 Tactical make everything you'd ever need for the Bren 2 that turns it in to an absolute HOT ROD. The Bren 2 feels just as strong but with what feels like 50% less weight. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve had PSA’s in the past and they’ve been fine but I finally saw a Jakl in person the other day and was disappointed in how cheap it looked. I was excited about it from the pictures but it definitely looked low quality when holding it up close.