looking for LPVO mounting options for Savage 110 PCS 300 B/O Bolt Pistol

Cevans

I just purchased a savage 110 PCS bolt action pistol in 300 B/O. I will be using a SB Tactical FS1913a brace and will be running it suppressed. I am new to the LPVO options, I believe I have decided on the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 LPVO. Now the hard part is trying to figure out the proper mounting height. Some say as low as possible which with the taper of the front of the pistol, the low mounts should work....I'm thinking the Vortex Pro Rings for mounting....Others say that the LPVO should be a bit higher to make it easier to acquire the sight picture. Most of the use will be indoor range, but occasionally I will be traveling to the outdoor range where I will try my hand at 1-200 yards, most likely nothing much farther than that for these old eyes. Anyone here have much experience with the LPVO on pistol type guns, I just am not finding much definitive info. Any opinions would be helpful.

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on what you are doing with it. I'm form 1ing a Christensen arms mmp now. It'll be used as a rifle, so all rifle rules apply. It's also suppressed.  It'll be running a thermal 50% of the time and it's got a 2x7 on it now. The stock I'll be getting has a removable cheek piece.  Ordering different sizes allows ypu to set up different scope heights.  You could 3d print them also. A good 1x 6 is cool. I kind of want a 1x8 Nightforce.  On 7x, my little Leupold isn't quite enough power. On 5x my Nightforce is almost too much power. 

I thought about form one, but the better outdoor ranges around me are about 20 miles away in Mississippi. It really annoys me that I will need to send a letter to the ATF so that I can legally cross the line, such a pain in the ass. I will mostly just be using this locally at the indoor range and will be running surpassed with a Sandman S. I just don't know what height my LPVO should be to begin with, I suppose start low and move up if needed. I love the Christensen arms bolt pistol, but it was a bit pricey for me right now, the savage I can get with scope and all needed additions for less than the Christensen arms alone, they are however super nice....This is trying to be a budget build, have enough high end ARs like Geissele, Daniel Defense and Wilson Combat...

That letter is good for up to 1 year.

You should let the gun tell you. Hold it like you're going to shoot it and see where your line of sight is.  That will be the best spot for the center of the scope. Get rings that get you as close as possible to that alignment.

Cool, Ive heard that about the letter. Will likely form 1 it and put a Q fix stock on it in a few months, gotta conserve the cash a little.....I know UTG makes some cheap scope rings, gonna purchase several sets of those to try until I get the height where I want it, then spring for a better mount at the preferred height.

Thanks