My old man

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I’d love to go back and fish with either of my grandfathers.

Just one more day with this man. My granddad, I basically took every step he did for several years when I was little. I hear his voice every day. 

20220904_192118.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I’d love to go back and fish with either of my grandfathers.

I never knew either of my grandfathers, both died before I was born. My boys have both grandads and a great grandad (my wife's).  I remind them regularly to enjoy that while they can. 

• Like 1

Take every opportunity you can get or make to spend time doing things like this with him. My dad is 86 and was still active and going strong until a couple of years ago. The past two years have a downward spiral for his mobility and health. I will be surprised if he is still here in another couple of years.

• Like 1

I went fishing and hunting  with my Grandpa when ever I had the chance but I have a few memories of my Grand Grandpa when I was fairly young. One was he worked part time in a ladder factory till he was well into his 80s, he may have died still working and a couple of fishing trips with both my Gpa and GGpa down at a creek for catfish at night by kerosene lantern. I don’t remember if we caught any thing I just remember going and the mosquitos and getting into giggers. 🙂

When Gpa I would go fishing and he would rip off a good fart he would always look around and say ducks. 🙂

Went we went squirrel hunting I would use a single shot .22 and my Gpa used a 12g. I almost never, if ever hit anything but he would get his limit.

• Like 1