Horrible News

AuEagle

A terrible tragedy. 😪

But it also brings up a lot of questions. What brought on the attack?  Were the dogs known to be aggressive? Were they trained to attack or fight? Were they possessive of food, toys ,ect? 

I know pit bulls get s lot of bad publicity. I honestly don't know if its deserved or not. But when household pets suddenly turn on children, there must be a reason. 

But regardless of the reason, I so no other choice but to put the dogs down. 

edit: I looked the story up on-line and found this:

"The dogs were confiscated by Memphis Animal Services and euthanized Thursday afternoon."

Edited by Grayfox54
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

But when household pets suddenly turn on children, there must be a reason. 

The reason is they are just dumb animals and one can never be sure what they will do, even if they are the person who feeds them.  

I used to work outside and often went to homes.  Over the years, more than a few dogs that knew me and saw me often would suddenly get aggressive out of the blue for no apparent reason and act like crackheads.  The owners always sang the same tune -  “I’ve never seen him act like that!”  Well you have now. No animal is completely predictable.  Pit bulls get a lot of bad press, but this is true for pretty much any breed. 

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 2

Friends of mine had a Doberman since it was a puppy was 5-6 years old at the time, it went to attack his wife one day. She was able to get into the bathroom and close the door before she got bit, dog tore up outside of door pretty bad. When her husband got home dog was laying on the floor all happy to see him like nothing happened. 

• Wow 2
  • Administrator

I'm going to piss off a lot of pitbull fans but... clearly the breed of peace.

These stories are infuriating.  That breed is quirky, prone to aggression, and very muscular.  When one of them flips its ####, you're in for a fight even as an adult.  Toddlers and infants?  Hopeless.

I wouldn't be sad to see that breed of dog become extinct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I don't care what breed it is, you have to watch them around children that small. It could and has happened with plenty of other dog breeds. 

Exactly.  I don't get the desire to own some badass dog pit or otherwise, but having them in the house where babies are crawling around on the floor is idiotic.  

• Like 1

I knew this guy years ago that had an Akita.  I believe they can be mean dogs not too familiar with them.  He was walking in his back yard with him one day and slipped in a hole in the yard and feel onto the back of the dog and the dog attacked him really bad.  I agree with deerslayer above in the fact that i have never had the desire to own any of the "badass" breads of dogs........especially with kids in the house.  But for sure prayers for the families, it'd hard to imagine what they have to be going thru.