Hoppe's Bore Snake....? How good do they work?

Guest johnmattwill

Guest johnmattwill

While at Academy yesterday buying some RemOil, I saw these....... Seems like an interesting cleaning tool.......Does anyone use one of these? Any advantages or disadvantages? Worth $19 or not?

Thanks all....... :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Hey John!

I have a Boresnake for all calibers up to .30 and for 12G and 20G. I use them for my .22LR, .223, 30-30, .30-06, 7.62x54R...

I don't use them on my muzzleloaders or my pistols. For them, I use brushes and patches for the old-fashion technique.

I use them for detailed cleaning, but for field cleaning especially, there is nothing more convenient!

So I give them an A+

Guest johnmattwill
Hey John!

Hey N.!!!! How are you and how are those mags working for you.....

I want to see pics of BIG Thunder Chickens by the end of this weekend!!!!:down:

Good luck.....

Guest Bronker
Hey N.!!!! How are you and how are those mags working for you.....

I want to see pics of BIG Thunder Chickens by the end of this weekend!!!!:down:

Good luck.....

I hope I get into some. No luck on the juvenile hunt. Saw plenty, but none close.

Also, the mags are perfect, and I am doing fabulous. Thanks for asking.

+1 on boresnakes!

Guest Astra900

I do like the pull through system from breech to muzzle, but I prefer the Otis system myself. The Boresnake is fine for light duty, but if you clean a LOT, it seems to get dirty quick, and I don't like having to clean my cleaning tools. Also, after a while, crud will get embedded in the thing and won't come truly clean. Then again, what the heck do I know:p

Guest Linoge

I use one for my M1A, Walther PPS, and 870, and absolutely love them. For chamber cleaning, I, of course, use a toothbrush, but they get the barrels more than clean enough for my purposes.

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful the Brush bristles are extremely stiff, they will scratch up a highly polished

throat and bore. I still use them, but I grind the bristles down on my bench grinder

fine rock and put tape over the brush bristles.

While at Academy yesterday buying some RemOil, I saw these....... Seems like an interesting cleaning tool.......Does anyone use one of these? Any advantages or disadvantages? Worth $19 or not?

Thanks all....... ;)

Best thing since sliced bread