Sig P365 Xmacro followed me home

Smith

So I went to the Gun Crew to checkout the much lauded P365. Looking for something smaller than my G19. I had always been a fan of the Kel-Tec PF9 size (except for the trigger) and thought this might work. After looking at the P365, XL, and Xmacro, it was hard to pass up the 17 rnds of the Xmacro. I've never been able to get comfortable on a sub-compact frame (G26, M&P, etc.) without adding grip sleeves and the such, so I usually ended up with the XL or Xmacro length anyway. After holding the XL and Xmacro there wasn't enough difference to go with the XL. Also, a big plus is the Xmacro optic cut. It is a much better redesign from the XL. 

Initially the Xmacro cost a bit more, but when I started adding in the grip modules, slides, barrels, etc. that I would inevitably get - the Xmacro came out ahead. There aren't a whole lot of holsters or mags available yet, but that is a patience thing. I'm told mags will be available by the first of the year (2023). However, with 2 17rnd mags I'm carrying 35 rnds in a smaller and lighter package than a G26 (15 more rounds) and more rounds than my G19 (4 more rnds) in a much smaller foot print! Not sure I need a whole lot more mags! I've also noted that usually, XL Kydex (molded) holsters will not fit the Xmacro due to the rail redesign.

Hoping to get some rounds down range!

BTW - The Gun Crew is selling the P365 Tac Pac for considerably less than anywhere else I've seen. In fact cheaper than the stand alone p365! They have a ton of every variety. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1785fa3a1efde1676fd87dee5051c74d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.68c95c8cebbf57d3d29e83c0d494c1a1.jpeg

• Like 3

I went through a similar decision process a few months ago and decided on the XL. Partially because of the good dealer package. Was hard to decide when they were all laid out to feel and touch. I agree my G19 does feel like a brick now.

I handled a couple over the past week and really want one.  I hate to give up my 4" custom M&P Shield but the X Macro is nice.  I don't prescribe to the gun of the day, week, month, or carry rotations.  I am sure the X Macro will displace the Shield for me and the Shield will take up residence in the safe.  As soon as I get one Smith will come with with what the Shield Plus should have been from the start.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats, Smith!  I’ve got a 365xl Spectre and a bunch of 15 and 12 rd  mags, too many to switch over to the macro, so I just picked up a couple of the macro 17 round mags for reloads.  I added a hogue grip to my Spectre and  it fits my hand pretty good.  

• Administrator

Well, my Macro grip module and a few 17rd mags are due to arrive this week.  I'll just throw them on my Spectre Comp's guts and slide and have the best of both worlds:  Gaudy gold TiN trigger and barrel and capacity. lol