Back from my hiatus.

hipower

Well, after an abscence, I'm slowing showing my hand, as it were, here again.

Not that more than a few old geezers like myself noticed or wondered where I'd gone. Had some things happen this year that have altered my thoughts, perceptions, and actions. Seems to really have changed my outlook on most things that had been "normal" for me for quite some time. I realize we've all had changes because of Covid 19 and all the insanity that came with it. My very simple life wasn't really affected that much by it. Pretty much was a stay-at-home sort anyway. However, other things crept in afterwards, and caused me to withdraw from about everything around me.

Not really wanting, or ready to talk about them; just suffice it to say that I've made a lot of changes this year. Some good, some bad, but all necessary for life to continue. Don't know if I'll ever get back to the easygoing smartass I've been, but going to try and rejoin my friends here. If you'll allow me. See quite a few new handles, so not sure how it will all go; but I'm going to try.

I want thank those who checked in on me. It was greatly appreciated.  Good to know that I was known and remembered. I just hope I wasn't too much of a jerk when you did try and contact me. Thanks for reaching out. I think I needed that.

Don't think I'll ever return to virtually living here as I once did, but hope to keep in contact with the forum and my friends here.

Larry/aka hipower

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Authorized Vendor

Go to see you're still kicking. I've been MIA here myself. I'ts been a rough 6-8 months for me as well. Between wife's surgeries and my covid experience I find i am in a fog and find it hard to get motivated. I hope you are on the mend.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, hipower said:

Well, after an abscence, I'm slowing showing my hand, as it were, here again.

Not that more than a few old geezers like myself noticed or wondered where I'd gone. Had some things happen this year that have altered my thoughts, perceptions, and actions. Seems to really have changed my outlook on most things that had been "normal" for me for quite some time. I realize we've all had changes because of Covid 19 and all the insanity that came with it. My very simple life wasn't really affected that much by it. Pretty much was a stay-at-home sort anyway. However, other things crept in afterwards, and caused me to withdraw from about everything around me.

Not really wanting, or ready to talk about them; just suffice it to say that I've made a lot of changes this year. Some good, some bad, but all necessary for life to continue. Don't know if I'll ever get back to the easygoing smartass I've been, but going to try and rejoin my friends here. If you'll allow me. See quite a few new handles, so not sure how it will all go; but I'm going to try.

I want thank those who checked in on me. It was greatly appreciated.  Good to know that I was known and remembered. I just hope I wasn't too much of a jerk when you did try and contact me. Thanks for reaching out. I think I needed that.

Don't think I'll ever return to virtually living here as I once did, but hope to keep in contact with the forum and my friends here.

Larry/aka hipower

Welcome back, Larry.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you...one and all. I'll try to get around to individual replies soon. This funk, this cloudy haze that's following just doesn't seem to want to lift.

Wifey, who knows all the problems; wants me to see about an anti-depressant. 

I know she means well; but absolutely am NOT going there.  Seen too much of that and it's not for me. I'll survive. I'm too damn stubborn and  too much of an old fat southern redneck not to. Just doing it slowly.

Waiting for On Target to open in Hermitage. Maybe the smell of gunpowder will wake me up. A static range is about all I could handle no. Even then, my balance stinks and I just can't stand still for long, and not sure any range would let me sit and shoot except for maybe sighting in a weapon.

So disappointed about  the Glockstore. That 270 range just doesn't work for me. Barely mobile and definitely not able to perform on that range. Nothing really against them, it just doesn't work for me.

might check into the TWRA range before it gets too cold for me.

Edited by hipower