Deer hunting weather

I spent all weekend, Thursday afternoon thru Sunday morning hunting some of the most pristine,beautiful, well managed & maintained hunting property in Bledsoe Co. The owner (a very good friend) has a a spectacularly well managed herd, very selectively  harvested. I sat dark-dark Friday & Saturday, plus Thursday afternoon 1-5 & Sunday 5-11.

Didn't see a Gee Dee thing.  

I got back to Tullahoma at 2, yesterday afternoon & figured i had time to put in a quick 90 minutes at a little craphole spot i have permission on. 

4pcUpEV.jpeg

Filed the freezer with a limit of Does in 15 minutes, surrounded by old, burnt out fridges & trash.

Go figure! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Handsome Rob said:

I spent all weekend, Thursday afternoon thru Sunday morning hunting some of the most pristine,beautiful, well managed & maintained hunting property in Bledsoe Co. The owner (a very good friend) has a a spectacularly well managed herd, very selectively  harvested. I sat dark-dark Friday & Saturday, plus Thursday afternoon 1-5 & Sunday 5-11.

I got back to Tullahoma at 2, yesterday afternoon & figured i had time to put in a quick 90 minutes at a little craphole spot i have permission on. 

4pcUpEV.jpeg

Filed the freezer with a limit of Does in 15 minutes, surrounded by old, burnt out fridges & trash.

Go figure! 

Congrats!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Sunfish said:

Pretty sure every Locker in the mid-state area is full to capacity. If someone knows one that has some room message me.    

Break out the boning knife…and camera!😁

Man, the rut is n full swing! I lost count of how many bucks I saw chasing does today. With only one buck left, I find myself being particular. Maybe a big one will show tomorrow.

This morning I had some jackass throw 3 chopped off buck heads on my property from the road.  Called TWRA but don't expect there is a thing they can do about it now, but I also wanted it noted I called in since it was 3 bucks.  

I guess I am going to have to put up some cameras along the road.  I am tired of the scumbags throwing their trash out.  Time to start putting them on notice.

• Angry 3
5 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

his morning I had some jackass throw 3 chopped off buck heads on my property from the road.

I have that problem with beer cans.  Yesterday I picked up some kind of glass pipe, I think a bong, but maybe for something else. 

35 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

This morning I had some jackass throw 3 chopped off buck heads on my property from the road.  Called TWRA but don't expect there is a thing they can do about it now, but I also wanted it noted I called in since it was 3 bucks.  

I guess I am going to have to put up some cameras along the road.  I am tired of the scumbags throwing their trash out.  Time to start putting them on notice.

I get trash I have to pick up because of people taking stuff to the dump several miles down the road. Sometimes it's an entire bag. I will always go through it. If I find an address, I unload their garage and everything else I've collected.  I don't leave it in the bag though. If it's deer season, they get something extra. 

Edited by Alleycat72
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Hozzie said:

I’m at the end of a dead end road. We get free dogs and cats dropped off.

8 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

4pcUpEV.jpeg

Go figure! 

That looks like a whole lot of work to me!!! One at a time is my limit.

8 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

Go figure!

The deer know where to hood is and where it is safe, you found their safe place!

CONGRATS!!!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I’m at the end of a dead end road. We get free dogs and cats dropped off.

I have 3 cats from that as well.  Wanted some outside cats for the shop so I took them in when they were dropped off as kittens by some scumbag.  Being the sucker I am, they are sitting on the couch next to me right now.  They get along good with the dog and can be pretty funny at times.  Never thought I would be a cat person, but they have grown on me.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Hozzie said:

Man, officer my rifle blew the body right off that deer before hitting the car... 17 times...

Anyone tossing out 3 buck heads like that is poaching... I always figured poachers should be cut and tied down in a pig pen.. but that is just me. Probably since a family poached so heavy around where I grew up that no one legally got a deer for 10 years almost. 

27 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

My old man brought this one by the house today. He’ll be 80 next month. No way I’ll still be able to load a deer in the truck when I’m that age.1C3D2821-6BBF-4181-B31C-BDBBF8081CF8.thumb.jpeg.70b36f3165f873e2c75f8d25f5265bd5.jpeg

He's almost a year older than me, & I can't do it . Glad he's still in that good health. Hope it continues for many more.

Good shot too.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

He's almost a year older than me, & I can't do it . Glad he's still in that good health. Hope it continues for many more.

Good shot too.

I think he’s about to buy a 32 Ford 3 window coupe to restore. Beats anything I ever saw!

• Like 2