P365X Red Dot

Travis13

I have a Holosun 507K on one P365X and a Holsun 407K on the P365XL-

Both these models are shake awake with the differences between the 2 -

407K has a 6 MOA dot and the 507K has a 2 MOA dot or you can change from 3 different visuals-

Dot inside a circle-dot without a circle -or only circle-

I prefer just the dots myself-

IMG_20220317_122622321.jpg

IMG_20220326_145345837.jpg

• Like 3

Delta point micro because it’s not made in a communist country and they’ve been hundred bucks off plus Loupold warranty.  I bought a used holosun 510 and it’s been good but embarrassed so covered the logo.  Just try to avoid it when I can find product that fits need and within amount or hold off and save up.  

3 hours ago, ohell said:

Delta point micro because it’s not made in a communist country and they’ve been hundred bucks off plus Loupold warranty.  I bought a used holosun 510 and it’s been good but embarrassed so covered the logo.  Just try to avoid it when I can find product that fits need and within amount or hold off and save up.  

They may be made in china but they are good optics. I understand were your coming from, but I have four of them mounted, also a Leupold Deltapoint, Trijicon SRO. The HOLSUN'S are just as good, and I never had a problem with any of them.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, ohell said:

As far a I know, the Deltapoint Micro doesn't fit the original poster's Sig P365X.  By the way, I have a Deltapoint Micro on my daily carry (Glock 26) and would prefer a Holosun 507K or (even better after comparing the 2 side by side) the 507C. 

13 hours ago, DJTC45 said:

They may be made in china but they are good optics. I understand were your coming from  

I wasn’t questioning the quality.  I own a few PA 2x GLx prism.  they’re great and unique segment in optics market. I don’t like everything I supported with purchase, I bought new. Typing on iPhone made in PROC🤣

I own zero red dots on traditional pistols.  I know it’s a maze of mounting footprints.  Just a bummer that most patriots go to is holosun.  Other manufacturers make stuff that doesn’t directly support the red army.  like trijicon offers the opportunity to support CA and fed taxes. When you get to the 507k price there’s options to consider, I think.  Maybe trijicon? 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, ohell said:

I own zero red dots on traditional pistols.  I know it’s a maze of mounting footprints.  Just a bummer that most patriots go to is holosun.  Other manufacturers make stuff that doesn’t directly support the red army.  like trijicon offers the opportunity to support CA and fed taxes. When you get to the 507k price there’s options to consider, I think.  Maybe trijicon? 

Ah, the old "Don't support the Chinese government" argument.  I get it.  I do.  But the very fact that you are on an Internet forum tells me that you are using an electronic device that, statistically, has far more components inside of it made by the ROC than it has components made anywhere else.  With that in mind, you sort of lost before you started.

That aside, let's talk optics since it's one of my favorite things to talk about.  You mentioned Trijicon and that's a great place to start.  I am a fan of the RMR series and have owned and used some variant of them for the past eight or so years.  They work great, are rugged as hell, and not made in China.

Unfortunately, Trijicon also hasn't done much to innovate since the RMR was introduced.  We got the SRO which is popular among shooting sports enthusiasts but not rugged enough for hard use.  We got the RMRcc which is a smaller version of the RMR, but it's also rather uninspiring in a lot of other ways.

Things that Holosun seem to be doing better than Trijicon these days:

1. Fully enclosed emitter design.
  2. Shake-awake technology for better battery life.
  3. Battery is accessible without removing the optic from the gun.
  4. Also, they seem to be listening to and responding to the consumer.

Do I wish that an American optic company with American manufacturing presence was producing handgun optics for the American consumer?   YEP!

But I can wish in one hand and put a Holosun optic in the other, and I can tell you which one fills up faster.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Ah, the old "Don't support the Chinese government" argument.  I get it.  I do.  But the very fact that you are on an Internet forum tells me that you are using an electronic device that, statistically, has far more components inside of it made by the ROC than it has components made anywhere else.  With that in mind, you sort of lost before you started.

That aside, let's talk optics since it's one of my favorite things to talk about.  You mentioned Trijicon and that's a great place to start.  I am a fan of the RMR series and have owned and used some variant of them for the past eight or so years.  They work great, are rugged as hell, and not made in China.

Unfortunately, Trijicon also hasn't done much to innovate since the RMR was introduced.  We got the SRO which is popular among shooting sports enthusiasts but not rugged enough for hard use.  We got the RMRcc which is a smaller version of the RMR, but it's also rather uninspiring in a lot of other ways.

Things that Holosun seem to be doing better than Trijicon these days:

1. Fully enclosed emitter design.
  2. Shake-awake technology for better battery life.
  3. Battery is accessible without removing the optic from the gun.
  4. Also, they seem to be listening to and responding to the consumer.

Do I wish that an American optic company with American manufacturing presence was producing handgun optics for the American consumer?   YEP!

But I can wish in one hand and put a Holosun optic in the other, and I can tell you which one fills up faster.

I feel like I wrote that myself! 100% same here. I'd love to see Trijicon or some other US manufacturer beat Holosun, but I don't even see them trying. I own more Holosun products than I'd like to admit, and I'm a huge Aimpoint/Trijicon snob.

• Like 1

Here's some. P DPO/ HOLOSUN 507C X2, the three shown from the back are the P DPO, C2/ Leupold Deltapoint, C/ HOLOSUN 508T, C/ Trijicon SRO, and last is HK SP5/ HOLOSUN 510. I purchased the Leupold Deltapoint and the Trijicon SRO just to see how they work out. I to wish that some more American made stuff was available but this isn't the 1940', 50's and early 60's, you can't turn around and not find a foreign product. What car do you drive, is it from the so called "Big Three", and even the parts for those are outsourced to Mexico. I try to buy U.S.A products every chance I get but it's nearly impossible these days.20210312_160037.thumb.jpg.29e24ea83c16a22d52e2bcdf14621860.jpg20220916_131647.jpg.50663bd160115ab2f5a02c39c3ad486d.jpg20221103_175117.jpg.bc7b4dcb2da7a5c1934567198a539d84.jpg20220524_134756.jpg.afea47b0958125f1e3ef089dd1734ae4.jpg

On 11/15/2022 at 8:39 AM, TGO David said:

Ah, the old "Don't support the Chinese government" argument.  I get it.  I do. 

Apologize to op for leading this astray.  It’s not all about the old don’t support China and a lot of people are sensitive to that comment.   I noted I own two primary arms 2x glx, made in China and typing on iPhone.  These work for me and no other options for that criteria. It’s obvious to everyone here China makes real holosun and fake eotech/aim points. 
The optic choice should be what works for you and without compromising reliability.  Everyone sees the dot differently and holosun has internet kudos from some with astigmatism but not all. I bought the 510 used to try but I don’t see the dot as clear as the holosun tube 403x I looked through.  The best option is to source models that fit your application and try to look through before purchasing because everyone sees the dot differently.  

now on to red dots on self defense carry pistols are a fad. 😆

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Another option for “not made by commies” if you don’t need a k sized optic is the Steiner MPS. Buddy of mine was so impressed by the first one he bought he got a second one. Considering his detachment just won the Larry Thorne award, I trust his judgement. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ohell said:

we’ll a couple of weeks, we made it through Black Friday. Show us what you got and what you think about it. 

I haven’t made it to a p365 yet. Kind of on the want list but I hate change and expensive mags

The p365 bug got me.. picked it up tuesday...SIG SAUER P365 9MM BLK/FDE 12+1 XRAY PCK...3 mags and a holster.  don't know how well the holster is going to be.. but the flat dark earth looks damn good.  Took it to the range the first night..so far very happy with it.  A TX22 is on it way to the FFL.

• Like 1