Medical

pop pop

Woke up with some discomfort and tightness in my chest Sunday morning. Went to E R at St Thomas West, in Nashville, Sunday afternoon. Monday afternoon I had to have 4 additional stents put in my veins around my heart.  Now have had double bypass, with 9 stents.  Feel lucky to be her on this Thanksgiving Day. Am having a great day although kinda sore.  

I am now 74, and want to tell you that one better have made spiritual provisions for your death, and most of all where your soul will spend eternity. My soul will be with my savior Christ Jesus in the next realm(realm of departed spirits(Paradise) if Christ don't come first.  Search and find out where your souls will go before it is too late. When you get to the next realm it will be too late to change your fate. I have done the things necessary for me to be able to take advantage of God's saving Grace which He freely will give to all who follow His Son Jesus. This is serious guys. I would be glad to help you if you can get in touch with me in Lascassas TN. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I had open heart surgery that required five bypasses, as I was preparing for that, my heart surgeon wanted to run a couple of more tests cause I was so low on blood, long story short also have stage four Colon Cancer and stage Four Liver Cancer. I always said go big or go home, that was two years ago last month. They gave me a Five year window to beat the Cancer, I've been on Chemotherapy Treatments for two years now twice a month. I hear you on making peace with God and I've done that, so hopefully when my time comes I'll be able to stand before him and hopefully he will let me in. A little quote I have is: "WHEN MY TIME COMES, I'LL SING MY DEATH SONG AND GO HOME LIKE A WARRIOR TO BE WITH MY BROTHERS AND FAMILY." I've carried this Case Knife daily ever since I got that  digonases on the Cancer. Glad your doing good and still around, God bless and take care sir.20220520_141713.thumb.jpg.9483b5114dd954b515a6444aaeab3163.jpg20220520_141703.thumb.jpg.99051bebc41a54196a8739c69e36e63e.jpg

Edited by DJTC45
Spelling
  • Like 8

So glad you guys have made peace with God. His Son is my hope and I feel totally at peace. My wish is for all to find Christ before it is too late. Thanks for the replies.  

Start my Cardiac Rehab on the 14. Walking on treadmill every day now. I also am getting over RSV. 

Edited by pop pop
add content
  • Like 6

Keep up the faith&spread the word. My Parents deaths were devastating to us,but the one thing that helped was they had all aspects of their afterlife in order for us prepaid funeral-will -bank/utilities copies- people to inform with phone numbers etc. That made it easier on us during a bad time.   One thing that amazes me is the number of otherwise intelligent people that claim to be Atheist.  As the old saying goes you can still hear Madeline O'Hare  screaming out prayers as the lid in the 55 gallon drum was being sealed.

2 hours ago, pop pop said:

So glad you guys have made peace with God. His Son is my hope and I feel totally at peace. My wish is for all to find Christ before it is too late. Thanks for the replies.  

Start my Cardiac Rehab on the 14. Walking on treadmill every day now. I also am getting over RSV. 

Hang in their sir, don't try to push yourself I had to learn that the hard way if your body is telling you to rest up then do it. Keep the faith, prayers sent your way for you and your family.

Had a heart attack 18 months ago.  95% blockage of the widowmaker at 48 years old.  If I hadn't driven myself to the ER they say I wouldn't have made it.  I knew that Jesus had laid claim to my very soul and had a peace while they were trying to keep me alive and put a stint in.  Will be praying for you, Pop Pop and DJTC45 and thanks for the reminder what this season is really about.  We fight the good fight, but thankfully we already know who has won.

• Like 1

While I am in no rush, it is very comforting to think about, "what's the best thing that will happen to all who accept Christ?"

I agree with keeping an eye on your health and making changes.

Since my wife's stroke, I have more motivation to stay as healthy as possible... I've got a whole lot of responsibility to serve her.

Edited by A.J. Holst
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, hipower said:

That's my biggest battle right now. My wife has issues that are worse than mine, and I struggle to better myself for her sake. 

Indeed. My Dad had triple bypass at age 54.  That's not far off for me now. I've got other family members with various medical issues and the recurring theme is people not taking great care of themselves. 

I get it, I love to eat too, but being at least somewhat fit from a cardiovascular perspective pay huge gains.  How can you expect to fight off these never-ending respiratory bugs when 1 flight of stairs makes you winded? Back and joint problems slow a lot of folks down, but there's plenty of ways to stay fit that don't involve running. 

I'm fortunate in that my family is in good shape on the eternity side.  Everyone sins, but forgiveness is granted to those who ask and repent. 

If I was to make a list of the times I have been in the hospital it would read more like a book. Ever since I got hit by that track back in 1978 I have been in the hospital 11 times. I have had 6 Hernia surgeries, which finally ended my ability to work. I had a stroke in 2000, a heart attack in 2006 and got 2 stints put in.  abdominal aortic aneurysm in 2015 that got stinted and then the heart attack and  double bypass in 2019. I may have missed something but I think folks can get the idea. I  really don't like hospitals. I don't remember exactly when I made my Will and my Living Will but I also made and paid for my burial so my family will not  have to make those decisions. I have had doctors tell me I am a walking medical miracle and I tell them no, I'm still here by the grace of GOD.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

If I was to make a list of the times I have been in the hospital it would read more like a book. Ever since I got hit by that track back in 1978 I have been in the hospital 11 times. I have had 6 Hernia surgeries, which finally ended my ability to work. I had a stroke in 2000, a heart attack in 2006 and got 2 stints put in.  abdominal aortic aneurysm in 2015 that got stinted and then the heart attack and  double bypass in 2019. I may have missed something but I think folks can get the idea. I  really don't like hospitals. I don't remember exactly when I made my Will and my Living Will but I also made and paid for my burial so my family will not  have to make those decisions. I have had doctors tell me I am a walking medical miracle and I tell them no, I'm still here by the grace of GOD.

Wow! You don't mess around with the little stuff do you?

RSV better today. Still little hacking. Bersaguy, we are all here by God's Grace. God has been good to me, much better than I deserve. 

Have you guys ever wished you had more money to help really needy people you come in contact with? We have more than enough to take care of us in our retirement, but I got an unexpected windfall not too long ago.  Not a large sum, but a good amount for me. I have determined I have need to use it very, very wisely. I feel it may be a test. I hope to give it all away to the needy over time.  God has blessed me in my old age. Mind you I am not telling you this to be bragging here!!!! Just a feeling I got when receiving a large, totally unexpected check, in the mail a few months back. 

Thanks for your stories and witnessing guys. It is encouraging to me. To God be the glory. 

Edited by pop pop
add content
  • Like 1