Stupid Movies

Garufa

I love stupid movies and it looks like next February will deliver!

If anyone remembers the story from years ago where a bear down in Georgia ate a crap ton of cocaine dropped out of a plane鈥hat bear鈥檚 saga has been immortalized in film. 馃お

BTW, this is Ray Liotta鈥檚 last movie.

Edited by Garufa
Historical accuracy.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, Garufa said:

A love stupid movies and it looks like next February will deliver!

If anyone remembers the story from years ago where a bear up in Kentucky ate a crap ton of cocaine dropped out of a plane鈥hat bear鈥檚 saga has been immortalized in film. 馃お

This was trending on Twitter yesterday. People are really excited about the movie.聽

• Like 1

I remember the story of the bear eating the cocaine. But I don't remember anything about it going nuts and attacking anyone. IIRC the bear OD'ed and died on the spot.聽

IDK, maybe it'll be stupid enough to actually be good. But I'm not counting on it.聽馃檮

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

A love stupid movies and it looks like next February will deliver!

If anyone remembers the story from years ago where a bear up in Kentucky ate a crap ton of cocaine dropped out of a plane鈥hat bear鈥檚 saga has been immortalized in film. 馃お

If by stupid you mean totally awesome then I agree.聽

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I remember the story of the bear eating the cocaine. But I don't remember anything about it going nuts and attacking anyone. IIRC the bear OD'ed and died on the spot.聽

IDK, maybe it'll be stupid enough to actually be good. But I'm not counting on it.聽馃檮

Correct. Here is an article regarding the real story.

Cocaine Bear dramatizes the true story of a black bear that ingested an entire duffel bag carrying about 70 pounds of cocaine in September 1985.

The creature guzzled the drug after it fell from a smuggler's plane - with the drug runner toting the illicit booty also plunging to his doom.聽

The real-life bear was found dead three months later, lying beside an empty bag and 40 opened bags of blow, with a medical examiner ruling he suffered from cerebral hemorrhaging, respiratory failure, hyperthermia, renal failure, heart failure and a stroke.

His taxidermized body is now on display at the Kentucky for Kentucky Fun Mall in Lexington.

And while that bear didn't go on a rampage, the one in Cocaine Bear proceeds to terrorize the residents of a Georgia town.

Here's a link where a local news channel in Knoxville wrote about it.聽 Apparently it was south Knoxville where the cocaine landed and the dead trafficker was found.聽 Also noted that Waylon Jennings bought the stuffed bear at first but didn't know that it was the cocaine bear supposedly.聽 The bear also ended up in a pawn shop lol before the mall owner bought it.聽

https://www.wbir.com/article/entertainment/upcoming-cocaine-bear-movie-based-on-knoxville-true-crime-tale/51-09412f88-5cc5-4ee4-afcd-c769a469fe7d

I sense another Hollywood attempt at a Sharknado franchise.

This time it is a bear. If the cocaine bear is profitable, the next sequel will be a cocaine mountain lion (darker comedy) followed by the sequel cocaine squirrels (light hearted comedy). Then the shocker sequel of cocaine giant pandas.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, threeshot said:

I sense another Hollywood attempt at a Sharknado franchise.

This time it is a bear. If the cocaine bear is profitable, the next sequel will be a cocaine mountain lion (darker comedy) followed by the sequel cocaine squirrels (light hearted comedy). Then the shocker sequel of cocaine giant pandas.

I grew up watching movies of all kinds of giant mutant insects and mammals terrorizing the people.

We have yet to see a proper treatment of squirrels and maybe chipmunks running rampant. 聽The way those critters move is prime horror story material.

Hollywood, are you listening?

Edited by Garufa