I finally did it!

titan14

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

That's a great gun for the price. I almost picked one up at the Nashville gun show a couple weekends ago. You get a lot of features for your money.

I'm impatiently waiting on pulling the trigger for a full size 1911. Ever since I got my Kimber 3", I've got the itch.

That's a great gun for the price. I almost picked one up at the Nashville gun show a couple weekends ago. You get a lot of features for your money.

I'm impatiently waiting on pulling the trigger for a full size 1911. Ever since I got my Kimber 3", I've got the itch.

I cant wait either.....i shot a Springfield and fell in love with the "feel" of the 1911......I decided on the Taurus for the price and all the "custom" work they did to it.....Its gonna end up being about $700.00 out the door....

Use grease, not oil, on the slide rails. I have some you might like. If you don't have a bore brush, see if you can find a bore snake. Quick and easy bore cleaning.Wipe down the frame and slide with a good light oil.

It shoots nice, I was impressed.

Use grease, not oil, on the slide rails. I have some you might like. If you don't have a bore brush, see if you can find a bore snake. Quick and easy bore cleaning.Wipe down the frame and slide with a good light oil.

It shoots nice, I was impressed.

Dang man....between the range and your house....I completely forgot about the cleaning stuff...my brain was toast after the Monday I had.....

I would be interesting in hearing your thoughts on the pistol, i have been debating one at the local shop and haven't made the decision on it yet. I think my Kimber needs another 1911 for company and they seem to be a good deal.

I am not a pistol guru by no means what so ever, but, my initial feelings about this gun= "FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!"

It feels really good in your hand....

It shoots like a dream right out of the box....

It seems to be "balanced" very well...especially with a full mag....

Mags work in and out effortlessly....

Mags fill pretty easy too...not that any are "easy" to fill....but these seem user friendly......

It comes with a break down wrench, extra mag and the grip tool....

Also, comes in a hard case......

And thanks to Mark@Sea .... it's pretty easy to field strip(although most 1911's are, I hear)

Hope this helps......cause I love my new Taurus.....

NO pictures means there is no gun! :P

Take Mark's advice on using grease. Oil does not cut it.

Congrats on the new piece, I can't wait to shoot it. :D

I'll post pics tonight....:P

and Mark actually broke her down for me and showed me the ropes on the cleaning and oiling....

And you are more than welcome to shoot it.....I'll bring the "family" to the shoot.....