I dropped of my Colt Commander to Jeff Walle today ay Guns&Leather

Guest Tn.Mitch

Guest Tn.Mitch

I sent those Snake skins grips to Dog the Bounty Hunter for his mace gun,bought these classe wood grips,made by Sarge.

HPIM0711.jpg

HPIM0741.jpg

Jeff is going to install some Adjustable Meprolight night sites I ordered for my Colt Commander,as I will be using it some as EDC,gonna take him a couple of weeks,I know I said no more guns,but ive had my eye on this SS,Black,2 tone Taurus PT1911 for some time at the Accademy at Rivergate,Tim has shone it to me acouple of times.....On the way home,I just had to stop in and pick her up on the way....now I have 2 PT 1911s,she is the purdyist though,black and SS,cant get much better than that.

HPIM0744.jpg

HPIM0745.jpg

HPIM0746.jpg

new ostrech skin holster for PT92 Taurus 9mm,and new 1911

HPIM0751.jpg

HPIM0750-1.jpg

HPIM0752.jpg

Edited by Tn.Mitch
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest benchpresspower
I sent those Snake skins grips to Dog the Bounty Hunter for his mace gun,bought these classe wood grips,made by Sarge.

HPIM0711.jpg

HPIM0741.jpg

Jeff is going to install some Adjustable Meprolight night sites I ordered for my Colt Commander,as I will be using it some as EDC,gonna take him a couple of weeks,I know I said no more guns,but ive had my eye on this SS,Black,2 tone Taurus PT1911 for some time at the Accademy at Rivergate,Tim has shone it to me acouple of times.....On the way home,I just had to stop in and pick her up on the way....now I have 2 PT 1911s,she is the purdyist though,black and SS,cant get much better than that.

HPIM0744.jpg

HPIM0745.jpg

HPIM0746.jpg

new ostrech skin holster for PT92 Taurus 9mm,and new 1911

HPIM0751.jpg

HPIM0750-1.jpg

HPIM0752.jpg

About how much did it cost you to have your work done at G & L? I need to take my PT1911 to get some work done on it.

Guest Tn.Mitch

I ordered the Adjustable Meprolight Night sights online paid $130.00,and Jeff will install them,he wrote of a work order recipt, I have here from Guns and Leather,They are suppose to call me when the work is finished,it said it eould prolly be around $60.00 for the work,while I was there,got him to drop that 3.5 trigger pull thing in I ordered on line and had been carring around in my car for weeks in my Glock 27,took him about 10 minuites,gave him $20.00 for that.I had order a black mag extension at the same time,waiting 6 weeks,and if you look at the web site even now,they dont mark that stuff out of stock or on back order,they just want your money,and dont care if you ever get thee parts,so I called them and canceled the order for the mag release extension,prolly for the best,....everytime I would pull gun outta holster,the mag prolly would have dropped out lol...I know my gun is in good hands with Jeff.Im not going to put Trace grips on this EDC gun,just the night sights and hand grips,The Colt Commander shoots very well,and is a cllassic,looks good and is only 4 1/4 inch barrell,alittle better than a 5 incher,weight wise lol.Love my new SS/black PT 1911 from TaurusI got today....shes purdy....

Edited by Tn.Mitch
spelling,....what else???lol
Guest Grout

I'll let my big boobed old lady have those ugly ass grips.:D BTW Jeff is a great guy.I have shot with him several times and took the USPSA RO class with him a few years back.

Becausee its easyier to pull than the 6.5 pound factory one....DUH...

Yeah...I know the physics of it, but from a carry/SD aspect, you open yourself up to a lot of downside legal issues when you modify a subcompact handgun to what many term a "hairpin trigger".

Something to consider...

My subcompact came with 5.5 lb trigger which is plenty easy to pull, and, remember, there is a reason for the pull on a Glock.

Yeah...I know the physics of it, but from a carry/SD aspect, you open yourself up to a lot of downside legal issues when you modify a subcompact handgun to what many term a "hairpin trigger".

Something to consider...

My subcompact came with 5.5 lb trigger which is plenty easy to pull, and, remember, there is a reason for the pull on a Glock.

It's only called a "hairpin trigger" if you be from da ghetto. It's "hair trigger" in the real world.

It's "hairpin curve". :D

I agree, though. No chance I'd lighten a trigger on my EDC. Especially when it's only about 5.5#.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
It's only called a "hairpin trigger" if you be from da ghetto. It's "hair trigger" in the real world.

It's "hairpin curve". ;)

I agree, though. No chance I'd lighten a trigger on my EDC. Especially when it's only about 5.5#.

:D you can take the boy out of the ghetto...:wave:

Something to consider...

case#, proof, legal ruling? or this another one of those interweb, I stayed at a motel, lawyer opinions? :D

as has been stated numerous times, a good shoot is a good shoot. If it is as unclear as for the prosecutor to argue that kind of mess you, made other much larger mistakes and the trigger pull is the least of your worries.:)

case#, proof, legal ruling? or this another one of those interweb, I stayed at a motel, lawyer opinions? :stunned:

State of Florida v. Alvarez...acquitted, but it wasn't easy and he had Roy Black as his attorney. There are more, not many, but....your search.

AND...the manufacturer (Glock) doesn't recommend 3.5 connector in a carry handgun, only for a target gun.

AND...LE agency don't allow their use either...

as has been stated numerous times, a good shoot is a good shoot. If it is as unclear as for the prosecutor to argue that kind of mess you, made other much larger mistakes and the trigger pull is the least of your worries.:)

Maybe.

Edited by Ggun
reply inside the quotes. sorry.
Maybe.

by using the same logic, you shouldn't carry at all because it could be used against you in a self defense case. :stunned:

However if you are going to carry, your gun needs to be set up for best use. Not to preempt possible lawsuits.

Guest c_o_jones
I like the wood better. Nice call.

+1

I didn't want to say it, but those grips looked like something you fished out of an aquarium.

by using the same logic, you shouldn't carry at all because it could be used against you in a self defense case. :D

However if you are going to carry, your gun needs to be set up for best use. Not to preempt possible lawsuits.

..."best use"...a self defense handgun should be "set up" for the purpose for which it is intended.

Modifications to a trigger pull in a defensive carry handgun, against the recommendations of the manufacturer, and inconsistent with LE use, creates legal issues that the shooter doesn't really need since most studies on self defense shoots suggests very little benefit vs. risk,

however, I agree a good shoot is a good shoot.

As I said before, something to consider...