Need New Carry Flashlight - Suggestions appreciated

4 hours ago, Defender said:

Let us know when/if yours comes through.  I will too.

Got my refund thus evening on PayPal.  I’ll say this, their shot may catch on fire, but their customer service on this issue was top notch.  Now to find a replacement.  I can’t spend 300 on a light though.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Defender said:

Got my refund thus evening on PayPal.  I’ll say this, their shot may catch on fire, but their customer service on this issue was top notch.  Now to find a replacement.  I can’t spend 300 on a light though.

I'm interested in the company that @Chucktshoes recommended. I'll probably order one with my refund. 

https://www.goonbeam.com/

• Like 1
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Defender said:

Looking at the Goonbeams online, it looks like they are programmed with the button.  I despise adjustimng via the on/off button.  Is there a separate button to program or cycle through?

Nope. Just the single rear button. Sounds like the GB EDC would annoy you. 

• Like 1
On 4/18/2023 at 4:05 AM, MagDropBenny said:

What model do you have?

I have  X2 OKW, PLHV2, OKW HOG and 2 weapon lights 

The OKW Black one and my Tan PLHV2nI carry all the time my HOG I have yet to see when I get home Ill try it out

Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
On 12/15/2022 at 6:01 AM, crc4 said:

My 18-year-old carry flashlight has died. Technology has changed since 2005. I need a new one for simple night walks with the dogs, evening restaurant visits, and shining in the eyes of thugs.

This is the one I've found - Streamlight 66320 MacroStream USB 500-Lumen Rechargeable Compact Flashlight

Does anyone have experience with it? Any other light or information I should consider?

Thanks.

I

Not sure if Op found his flashlight yet, but I've found this thread to be both interesting and fulfilling.  I'm still looking for my light though. Here's some preferences:  Rechargeable, Tailcap ON/OFF and momentary on/off switch, second button on body for cycling though different options like strobe, etc, high 100 plus lumen and/or high candella (not sure i understand or appreciate the difference, I also like being able to turn the lens end to adjust from a tight focus to a wider area beam.  I liked all of the features on my olight Warrior except the potential of burning my house down.  Does anyone know if that is a risk with other olights?  I'm looking at the Olight Warrior 3s, which has a proximity sensor that reduces the power and then shuts down when the lens is very close to something, so it wont be hot enough to start a fire if it were to come on in the sheath.  They've offered me a 15% discount if I do buy one.

Edited by Defender

I got an email ad from Cloud Defensive about their lights yesterday.  I didnt see it mentioned above but they offer a trade allowance on their lights. The ad said you can trade in ANY old light towards purchase of one of their new ones.  If I remember right you can get 100 for your old weapon light or 50 for a regular light.  That sure makes them more affordable for sure.  Oh and they also give a 20% discount for vets and LEOs, active and retired.  Probably cant stack the the trade-in and the discount but not sure about that.  Im considering that light now.

On 4/24/2023 at 11:27 AM, Defender said:

Not sure if Op found his flashlight yet, but I've found this thread to be both interesting and fulfilling.  I'm still looking for my light though. Here's some preferences:  Rechargeable, Tailcap ON/OFF and momentary on/off switch, second button on body for cycling though different options like strobe, etc, high 100 plus lumen and/or high candella (not sure i understand or appreciate the difference, I also like being able to turn the lens end to adjust from a tight focus to a wider area beam.  I liked all of the features on my olight Warrior except the potential of burning my house down.  Does anyone know if that is a risk with other olights?  I'm looking at the Olight Warrior 3s, which has a proximity sensor that reduces the power and then shuts down when the lens is very close to something, so it wont be hot enough to start a fire if it were to come on in the sheath.  They've offered me a 15% discount if I do buy one.

I have that proximity sensor on a few of my Olights too. I really like that feature. 

As far as the risk goes, I think it's overblown. I wonder how many people who won't own a Chinese flashlight are driving vehicles made in America that have had fatal design flaws over the years that have been corrected just like Olight did.

3 hours ago, Defender said:

I think Im ordering the Warrior 3S from Olight.

I got the Perun 2 full size during a recent sale and it's got similar max lumens and the same proximity sensor. It lights up my whole back yard like it's daylight.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BigK said:

I got the Perun 2 full size during a recent sale and it's got similar max lumens and the same proximity sensor. It lights up my whole back yard like it's daylight.

1 hour ago, BigK said:

I have considered a headlamp too. 

6 hours ago, Defender said:

I have considered a headlamp too. 

I have the Perun 2 mini and it's a good headlamp. The full sized Perun 2 is a bit large for a headlamp, IMHO. It's almost as big as that Warrior 3.

• Like 1
On 4/28/2023 at 2:22 PM, Defender said:

I think Im ordering the Warrior 3S from Olight.

I thought about starting a new thread but then thought maybe OP and others might benefit from my experiences with lights.  I got my Olight Warrior 3S and charged it up.  Side note, since you could not mail the battery back with the recalled Warrior, I kept it for a spare with the new light.  I confirmed with Olight and it’s the same battery.  Seems like a well constructed solid light, very bright.  Couple things I don’t like:  while it has a tail cap button switch, it also has a side switch as well.  Programming seems obtuse.  The instruction sheet wasn’t very clear to me how to simply do it.  I probably just need to search the internet for other users ideas.  Also, I would have like a beam focus adjustment like some of my cheaper lights have, I.e. Atomic flashlight.  All in all though, I’m happy with it so far.

• Like 1

I’m as bad with flashlights as I am with guns. Maybe I’m just afraid of the dark?  Lol.  Anyway, I carry a Streamlight stylus Pro in my shirt pocket EDC, since I try to minimize weight when I can, plus no room to comfortably carry in pants pockets or belt.  Anyway, I just recently got my Olight Warrior 3S and I like it. It’s stays in my go bag most of the time.    I also have a Nitecore MH12 I like in one room, and a LAPolice Gear Tactical Operator L1 in another room.  I’ve apparently lost my Fenix PD35.  I’ve been looking at a Fenix TK20R V2.0 that has 3600 Lumen in a pocket or belt size. Anyone familiar with this one?  Side note, all of these program differently, so the smart move would be to have one brand, but then, I’ve never been accused of being overly intelligent, lol.

Edited by Defender
  • Like 1

@Defender I have one of those LA Police Gear Tactical Operator L1 as well. Do you have to tap yours to get it to work? It's become ingrained in my memory by not that I have to tap that on before I turn it on, but it's still annoying. I have to tap mine end-to-end almost every time.

16 minutes ago, BigK said:

@Defender I have one of those LA Police Gear Tactical Operator L1 as well. Do you have to tap yours to get it to work? It's become ingrained in my memory by not that I have to tap that on before I turn it on, but it's still annoying. I have to tap mine end-to-end almost every time.

No, I dont.  I had to look up how to program it though.  In case you need it, here's a video:   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Defender said:

Well, Olight gave me a discount code again, so I bought another Warrior 3S.  I like the model and am starting to understand how to program.

The only thing better than an incendiary device is a cheaper incendiary device!  😉

• Haha 1