Old-School Guy Teaches Firearms Cleaning

Old School Guy teaches Firearms Cleaning

What you should know. These are the best explanations I've seen for the whys, hows, and what you need. Read his resume and you'll find he's an expert.

Save yourself a lifetime of money spent on ineffective snake oil products. If you'll watch this video, this gentleman breaks it down for you.

It's an hour long and worth every second. I love it when myths get busted as I learn something valuable and save money.

All of his videos are very good. He’s a no BS guy, sticks to the subject.

His voice can put you to sleep if your tired, but he is a wealth of knowledge !

His reloading videos are very good and I trust his information.

Mike

• Like 1
1 hour ago, myg30 said:

All of his videos are very good. He’s a no BS guy, sticks to the subject.

His voice can put you to sleep if your tired, but he is a wealth of knowledge !

His reloading videos are very good and I trust his information.

Mike

Well...I didn't fall asleep. But I did get drowzy! That New England accent sure is comforting, LOL! A bit slow in his speech, but yes, a very well done video on cleaning your rifle. I probably have taken short cuts in my cleaning, but this will surely help me as a great refresher course.

Well worth the time this cold Saturday morning..

• Like 1

I like the way he reduces all your cleaning products to Hoppes #9 for solvent (Mineral spirits) and mineral oil for lubrication. That's it. He gives you the good reasons why that makes sense.

I'm sure the 'Gun Paste is Magic' and the 'Amazing Mystery Oil Lube' people don't want you to see this. 🤑

I'm giving away lots of half-used products to clean my bench up.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, crc4 said:

I like the way he reduces all your cleaning products to Hoppes #9 for solvent (Mineral spirits) and mineral oil for lubrication. That's it. He gives you the good reasons why that makes sense.

I'm sure the 'Gun Paste is Magic' and the 'Amazing Mystery Oil Lube' people don't want you to see this. 🤑

I'm giving away lots of half-used products to clean my bench up.

I started using Hoppes #9 because my Dad did. Simple.  I have also used some of the newer spray products, and they work well for a fast cleanup; but always come back to Hoppes. Like the gentleman said...I like the smell. However, my wife does not care for it at all. Cleaning inside the house is a definite no-no.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, hipower said:

I started using Hoppes #9 because my Dad did. Simple.  I have also used some of the newer spray products, and they work well for a fast cleanup; but always come back to Hoppes. Like the gentleman said...I like the smell. However, my wife does not care for it at all. Cleaning inside the house is a definite no-no.

My last two ex-wives felt the same way, hence ex-wives.

2 minutes ago, crc4 said:

My last two ex-wives felt the same way, hence ex-wives.

LOL! Too old and too broke for that to happen! Will just have to put up with it/her! Or is it the other way round? No matter...after 47 years, it kinda is comforting.