What cars have you regretted selling!

The Legion

When I was in High School I had a beautiful 1969 Charger that I sold for $1600.00.  To this day I regret selling this car.  To purchase the same car today would be $35,000 plus.  Below is a picture of the same Charger that I owned.  Do any of you have any cars you regret selling.

Edited by The Legion
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Not a 4 wheeled regret as of yet, but I often regret selling this one. 1996 fzr 600. Bought it with over 50k miles on it. Never let me down. The fairings were worth more by themselves than the whole bike was so I always took them off. Once I got the Fz1, I didn’t ride it as much but couldn’t keep it as a collector bike either. So I sold it for a thousand. 😞  I don’t regret selling the fz1 though it was very comfy. My Honda grom is way more fun! 

Bonus points if y’all know where I took that second picture. If you’re in memphis it’s like the perfect photo spot with super cool lighting.

AA69782A-C2ED-43F6-A960-8062003EAEEA.jpeg

31874CFE-EFCC-44FD-B7F5-B6B17E7655C1.jpeg

55 Chevy Bel Air, which left a blue cloud behind it everywhere it went. I sold it after I graduated HS and before I went into the Marine Corps. I think I sold it for $150, which was probably fair at the time (74).  I would also like to have my Toyota FJ-40 back. I had that set up as a hunting rig with a cot to sleep on. That thing would go anywhere.

Well, mt first car was a '67 Chevelle SS. Next I had a '70 Chevelle SS 454. After that a real nice '69 Cutlass Supreme. And a sweet '69 Gran Sport. It was an auto, but had all power. Doors, windows, and A/C. It was first car with A/C.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Tom B said:

Well, mt first car was a '67 Chevelle SS. Next I had a '70 Chevelle SS 454. After that a real nice '69 Cutlass Supreme. And a sweet '69 Gran Sport. It was an auto, but had all power. Doors, windows, and A/C. It was first car with A/C.

Do you mean it was your first car with AC?  Pontiac offered AC in some models beginning in 1954.  A few top-line Packards had it several years before then.

Cheers,

Whisper

K5 Blazer straight body, needed fuel pump.  It was an 87 or 88, can't remember but had TBI and was a square body.  Let my cousin have it for $1,000 because I didn't want to mess with it.  (2004) 

1979 Ford Bronco.  Somewhat rough, but just needed some TLC.  Really thought that I was doing something getting $1600 for it in 2005.

1993 F250 extended cab 4x4 7.3IDI turbo flatbed, ZF5 transmission.  Always wanted one.  Bought it, used it for a while, and sold it when it was no longer needed.  Though I didn't need it anymore, I still miss that one. 

Basically everything else I've owned I absolutely ran into the ground and wore out, or it just wasn't remarkable.  

Anyone who is (or was) a car guy, and is of a certain age can probably name several examples of cars they once owned that would sell for far more today than back then.  If you're like me, one of the reasons i was able to own some of the ones I did was that, at the time, they were just used cars, and some of them weren't really all that nice either.  I didn't have the funds to keep more than a few (sometimes 1) at a time, so I changed them out regularly for others that I developed a desire for.  Some even got parted out, or scrapped (yes, I once took a Boss 302 shell to the crusher) as needs arose.  I don't regret owning them, or selling them when I did, as I needed the money at the time for other purchases.  This topic reminds me of the ones on many gun forums, bemoaning the fact that 'I remember when you could buy a (insert favorite firearm name) for $29" ...

I'll add this, my most recent purchase before I bow out of this thread ...

https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/245387749_395524958719053_5950456250557745287_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p720x720&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=Lo_kI33WG8MAX8r9TqR&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfAZYYMzUw_NqLcUQn0JlnE95UmWQHaXwP_TZQSQ1eeHxQ&oe=63A15EE0

• Like 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

Anyone who is (or was) a car guy, and is of a certain age can probably name several examples of cars they once owned that would sell for far more today than back then.  If you're like me, one of the reasons i was able to own some of the ones I did was that, at the time, they were just used cars, and some of them weren't really all that nice either.  I didn't have the funds to keep more than a few (sometimes 1) at a time, so I changed them out regularly for others that I developed a desire for.  Some even got parted out, or scrapped (yes, I once took a Boss 302 shell to the crusher) as needs arose.  I don't regret owning them, or selling them when I did, as I needed the money at the time for other purchases.  This topic reminds me of the ones on many gun forums, bemoaning the fact that 'I remember when you could buy a (insert favorite firearm name) for $29" ...

I'll add this, my most recent purchase before I bow out of this thread ...

https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/245387749_395524958719053_5950456250557745287_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p720x720&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=Lo_kI33WG8MAX8r9TqR&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfAZYYMzUw_NqLcUQn0JlnE95UmWQHaXwP_TZQSQ1eeHxQ&oe=63A15EE0

79 ?

Just now, FUJIMO said:

79 ?

Yes, the only year that package was offered.  Technically, it's a 1979 Chrysler 300, although obviously based on the Cordoba of that year.  The 300 package included the trim, paint, driveline and interior, with fairly limited options available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Trekbike said:

That's quite a list of some nice classic musle cars.     

I was young and had just gotten my job as a railroad engineer. I was making 3 times as much money as I had ever made in my life and wasted a lot of it on new cars. Now I just waste my pension collecting guns. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll add my regrets to the list:

• 1970 Mach 1 351 Cleveland
  • 1975.5 Pontiac Super Duty Trans Am 455, 4 speed
  • 1967 Pontiac Catalina 2+2, 428ci, tri-power, 4-spd (NASCAR Production)
  • 1965 Fastback Mustang 289 4spd
  • 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible 351 Cleveland 
2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

049A1EDE-A155-44C5-82FB-AA6C6F4F53B1.thumb.jpeg.39c019a7b20a508cb5f60a9804680dd4.jpegD0ADC6E4-4868-4F56-B9E0-B842890A591C.thumb.jpeg.0c025b6e12e0e3cb2b0e9f41fc858567.jpeg53EBD096-39B6-43F6-B17B-12CE7337D1A8.thumb.jpeg.d1b2be1458b132bc527817f128176179.jpeg

😪

Your first photo...'Cuda or Barracuda? That a 70 or 71? Can't see the tailamps to be sure.

I had a 70 Barracuda in Screaming Yellow!!! Well, actually Lemon Twist Yellow to be accurate. It was somewhat of a sleeper. Single exhaust. No roll pan cutouts. Had a 383 stuffed in under that magnificent hood! Burnt off the first set of Remington XT120s in just under 6 weeks. Yes I was a bit slow.

Had that car when I met my wife. She hated it. Didn't like the color at all. Then there was the factthat she go pulled over the first time she drove it. LOL!

Not for what you might think though. Cookeville PD knew the car very well. And me as well unfortunately. She swears they pulled her over because they wondered why the car was going so slow.

She was rusting out pretty bad (the car, not the girl) when I traded it in on a 69 ragtop Vette. I miss the old Barracuda. It really was a nice car, and lots of fun to drive.