Grayfox54

Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

• YES
    • NO
    • Not Sure
    • Never heard of it.

Watching Lethal Weapons right now, based on a suggestion here, surprise I never realized it was a Christmas movie, even starts with Christmas music. Die Hard is still in the cue, watched it last year not sure if it will make it to the top this year. Watched Fat Man this afternoon a real Mel Gibson day.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Well, unfortunately that describes A LOT of folks on the TGO

LOL

I'll have you know I resemble that remark! Literally! Have Grinch ties (4), Grinch sweatshirt, tee, and big Grinch head mask! I actually identify with that poor misunderstood critter.  Ok...I like the Grinch. Maybe too much. Sort of had that rep for a few years.

But I just watched my favorite Grinch moive. The Jim Carey version. The man is total jerk, but he is a very talented actor. 

Well, I just now looked at the Poll results. We sure are a strange bunch. 90% of us think wild, gun blazing violence is suitable to be called a Christmas movie. 

I feel right at home with that. LOL!

Actually, we all know there are a multitude of reasons for and against this choice. Music. Timing of release. Good actors. Good effects. Some comedic elements, and some really memorable actors and lines.

I did vote yes...for the reasons above. It's a decent movie with an almost original idea, and it's entertaining. The actors are good. One of the better Bruce Willis movies. As for me though, I'm a big fan of the late Alan Rickman. His performance was just amazing! Loved everything I've seen him in. 

So that's my longwinded reasoning for voting Yes.

• Like 2