Pure Joy

My son-in-law sent me movies, this week, of my 14 Y O grandson using my shotguns I gave him, while shooting a duck and squirrel. He had 2 of his friends with him.  Used a Mosberg 20 Ga pump for the duck, and my old 67 Y O 410 my dad purchased for me for my 8th birthday. I am 74 now.

My grandson and dad are in Mt Pleasant, S Carolina. They have either been fishing or hunting every day this week while out of school for the Christmas Holiday. The boys will remember these hunts for their lifetime. I applaud my SIL for spending time with his kids.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Grandson, and family, hunting ducks again today. Killed 5 this morning. Deer hunting this afternoon on the S Caroling coast near Charleston. Using a Savage Axis 308, 30 30 Marlin 336 lever gun, and 20 Ga Mosberg I gave them. You just gotta love it. I do!

• Like 2

I am proud for you. I still have my grandfathers Remington 550-1 that I shoot regularly. I’ll be passing it to my grandson soon. I’m now 65 with 6 grandchildren and one great grand son. I know we started early. I enjoy watching my grandchildren use firearms and equipment I’ve passed down to them. And that SIL sounds like a keeper! 

Thanks for the kind words derf. Found out our daughter, and 12 Y O granddaughter were in the blind with grandson also. Friend of Parker's and Parker's dad were in a tree stand. Got a doe.  Father put 308 ammo in the 30 30 and cannot get it out. Lever locked up tight. Hard lessons learned. Taking it to gunsmith tomorrow. Bet they don't do that again.