Guns

Trekbike

So sad. Yet you cannot make them see the lack of logic in their thinking.

Told this tale before but here it is again.

A younger married lady up the street called one night asking me to come look around her house. She thought someone was looking in the windows and try to get inside. Being an all American, red-blooded male...I go to check it out. 

It's a Friday night about 10PM and her husband is out of town. I trot up the street(I was younger then and could do that.). Flashlight in one hand. Something else in the other. 

I walk around the house, look in the yard, and around their tool shed. Find nothing. I call her from the front yard and she comes out. Thanks me and hugs me for coming up. All is good.

Then she saw the 45 I'd stuck in my belt. Starts yelling about guns. Didn't know I had one. Why did I have one?  Didn't think I was that sort of person. That last line was the exact words she used. It scared her to think there was one nearby. All the normal reactions of a very liberal anti gunner. I ask her what she thought I'd do coming out at night checking around the house for her. 

Don't really remember much of what she said after that. All I cans say is that's been at least 15 years ago, and she and her husband are still rather cold towards me. I guess she/they think a long rational conversation with an intruder is the answer. Found out later that the young lady is a member of the Nashville Chapter of Moms Against Guns.

Well...I don't think their soultion is the right answer. So not invited to any of their events anymore. 

I'm just heartbroken over it. 

Edited by hipower
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2
6 hours ago, hipower said:

Then she saw the 45 I'd stuck in my belt. Starts yelling about guns. Didn't know I had one. Why did I have one?  Didn't think I was that sort of person.

Wow, that's amazing. At the last place I lived, very liberal Washington, I was known in my neighborhood as being "very comfortably armed", and was the guy that was called when people were in the kind of situation you described. It didn't happen very often, but more often than one might think.