SBR gas block

azboater

My personal favorite is the Superlative Arms. It bleeds off gas instead of just restricting the gas. The SLR is also a great adjustable gas block. 

I've also used the Strike Cage adjustable collar gas block. Very user friendly and tooless adjustability. 

43 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Does anyone really “adjust” their adjustable gas block more than once?  Or do most folks dial in what works best for the current rifle set-up and lock it in place for the duration?

I don't think most people adjust very much, I got mine so I could adjust between standard and suppressed, but honestly, still leave it alone once I found a good setting.

1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

Does anyone really “adjust” their adjustable gas block more than once?  Or do most folks dial in what works best for the current rifle set-up and lock it in place for the duration?

I have some selectable gas blocks. They work, but are very finicky. They are for sub, super, and off. I mostly use an adjustable and set it for the best possible position for both super and sub. I adjusted the loads according. If I don't want something to cycle, I run a standard or sbr bolt gun.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:22 AM, Snaveba said:

I don't shoot supposed, so I like to set mine where they minimize recoil and still cycle everything. The cost between an Anderson or similar adjustable gas block is not much, so it makes sense. 

I'll shoot some really light standard loads and dial it down till it starts to have failures to eject. Then, slowly work it back up till it cycles consistently. Makes it about the most comfortable reliable shooting possible. Necessary? No, but I can and it works.

I adjust the Superlative Arms the same way (11" pistol AR), but I like that on hot loads or dirtier loads, the gas bleeds off the block instead of fouling the bolt/bolt carrier. Makes the recoil impulse the same across every load.

That being said the two AR's I shoot the most are pistons. One Adams and one Superlative Arms. If I was shooting suppressed or really needed to dial the gas, that's the way to go.