Do you spend too much time on TGO?

hipower

Well, here it is 1:14 AM on Christmas Eve morning and my wife just came into my little hideout to check on me. She does that often these days. 

Why am I up so late? What am I doing?

Does your wife, or yourself for that matter, think you spend too much time here/online?

Just curious. My answer is Yes. I probably do. However, in my defense, we are both retired, not real active in anything, and don't have to get up early. I've sort of given over the TV remote to my wife since she retired. I'd say that 95% of the time, we watch whatever she chooses. Sometimes I agre with it. Sometimes not. But since she absolutely loves the Lifetime Movie Networks, sometimes I just have to get away and do my own thing, as it were.  I can only take so much of them. I do like some of them, really, but not all the time. Not one after another. This sort of infringes on my time to watch my hero...Arnold, shoot guns and blow up things. At least that's what wifey says I watch all the time. Might be a little truth to that, as between my collection of movies and on demand availability, I can pull up everything from Pumping Iron to Terminator Genysis.

So this is my playspace. My point of contact with the outside world. Isn't that sad? But the reality is that my own personal abilities to get out and roam about, doing Lord knows what; is limited by these things... 1) funds and 2) mobility. 

And the timeframe that I do this in is pretty much dictated by having what few outside activities we have are involed in, is during the mid-day to evening hours. So I can usually be found here with a book in hands, an unhealthy snack and a coke one the desk. I know I spend too much time here because I typically have swollen ankles and calfs when I leave. Not really a great scenerio for a 71 year old fat man. 

So now that I've bared my soul, what's your answer? Do you spend too much time here? Or does your wife/significant other think so?

Yep, lame topic. but I'm up, not sleepy, and bored.

I don't spend too much time "here", but online, probably.  LOL  I have several websites I go to on a daily basis, well, 2x/day for some due to the topics/people/attitudes, etc., that I enjoy for the most part.  Some of the people are annoying (just like any forum) but I usually scroll on when I see their names.  If I can't sleep, or go back to sleep after a early morning whizz trip, I come into the LR and make a pot a coffee, and get online.  LOL.

I have lower back/hip issues, so just sitting in my easy chair is not good for me as I usually end up in with some discomfort/pain from sitting too much.  The more active or movement that I get/do during the day is better for my lower back/hips, so I try and "piddle" as much as possible during the day.  My piddling is controlled by the weather to some extent, or I plan around it to some extent.  Bad weather days I spend a portion of the day in the "cave", trying to dig out of the mess I've created in there, or do some reloading, or research on new load development.  I come out and watch a little TV, play with the wife's dog some, snack, etc., and go back in the cave.  Wife prefers the weather channel, and I only watch it when one of the good looking one's is on that day.  I usually control the remote, as the wife is usually absorbed in YT videos about crocheting, or actually crocheting, and always texting her twin sister.  LOL  She stays busy, and not #$%^'g at me, so life is good.  

• Like 1

As I have said in the past, the TGO is the real social media I interact with. I scroll Instagram, but I don’t interact there. 

While I may not agree completely politically with everyone here, we all like guns and we all like shooting and we all feel that this is our constitutional right. 

Also, I have had direct interactions with many of the members here and I have yet to meet someone I didn’t like. 

Merry Christmas to you all!!

• Like 2

I usually get on at least once every day and frequently in the wee hours of the morning as well, don't post a lot but occasionally. I have made a few purchases from members and stolen a few memes along the way. A great place to hang out online.

12 hours ago, Smith said:

Well, I've got four of them .... So, yes? 😉

Not a bad number. LOL. Back in the early days of GT selling, I was able to grab just about any one I wanted. More recently, I'm like Erik88. I can't snag one for spit! But if I could get GT to post his wares later in the evenings...

Oh, BTW Smith, I got 6..wait...that's not right. It's more like 9. But I did buy a couple as gifts.

On 12/26/2022 at 8:35 PM, btq96r said:

Not as much as I used to.  That's not anything against the site or folks, life and work are just busier and more tiring than they used to be. 

Not that I work at anything like you, but I understand that comment. Especially the part of life getting busier and more complicated and oftimes frustrating.