Polish P64 or CZ82?

I’ve bought a nice example of each of these off our trader in the last couple of years.   I also bought one that looked like Jay’s years ago from Centerfire . Stripped and blued it. Looks beautiful now. Will dig it out and get a picture later. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jaytex1969 said:

In the category of "two is one and one is none", I'm half tempted to order one from the vendor that @crc4 linked to, just to see if I can get a nicer "luck of the draw" specimen.

My wife will understand.....  🤣

Otherwise, @Gurn, I may have to learn gun bluing!

Jay

That's fine as long as I'm not named in the divorce proceedings.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, jaytex1969 said:

In the category of "two is one and one is none", I'm half tempted to order one from the vendor that @crc4 linked to, just to see if I can get a nicer "luck of the draw" specimen.

My wife will understand.....  🤣

Otherwise, @Gurn, I may have to learn gun bluing!

Jay

I really hope you do because that link got me thinking about it too, lol

If you happen into a P64 at a reasonable price, you should pick one up as well. I won the Classic condition lottery on a pair I got several years ago, almost new looking. Folks describe the experience well, but I had good results with moving to an 18lb hammer spring and heavier recoil spring, noticeable difference. I pretty much new nothing with that kind of grip would be a 'fun' range toy, bought it as a pocket / center console gun and its great at that.

Reminds me a bit of my LC9 ....ish   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jaytex1969 said:

Not sure if I'll use that vendor link after all. They dont take cards, which removes a layer of consumer protection. Still looking around, though.

Jay

I was just looking at the price for that link. In checking other vendors, I can't find any less than $450 and that's for good at best. Vendors that recently had them for $400 seem to be out.

Perhaps all guns have really gone up, but it seems that the CZ82 prices have climbed considerably.

The dry-up may be temporary just to drive prices higher. Probably this spring a surplus dealer will 'discover' a large number of 82s in excellent condition but the price will be jacked-up to 500.

You're best bet may be to wait for a quick private sale.

• Like 1

The P64, is really an almost direct copy of the Walther PP.  Classic pistol design!  But 9x18 MAK has to kick like a mule in that  pistol!!! Call me a whimp, but .380ACP out of my Walther PPK/s is painful after about 2 mags...

The commie pistol I'd like to pick up is the Czech VZ50 or VZ70 in .32ACP (both Walther clones). Now that would be a comfortable caliber to shoot in that type of pistol!!!

• Like 2