For Sale - Guardian Tactical Recon-040 OTF Automatic Knife

• Administrator

SOLD:  Guardian Tactical "Recon-040" OTF Automatic Knife

i-tS5n92q-X3.jpg

Hey TGO!  I am offering up this virtually brand new Guardian Tactical Recon-40 out the front automatic knife and hoping that someone here will give it a new home.  More photos follow at the very end of this post.

The blade, activation button and pocket clip are finished in a weathered/worn black-wash finish designed to look good over time and hide the normal marks that come from carry and use.  Fortunately for you, this knife has only been carried a few times and has never been used to cut anything.  The edge on this blade is factory fresh and untouched.  It's never seen so much as a strop and hasn't even cut open a single Amazon box.

There are a few small "snail trails" on the left-hand side of the handle from where the clip was previously positioned for left-handed carry.  I've done my best to show those marks in the photos, but they are only visible from a specific angle and with good lighting.  Most folks might overlook them entirely.

This knife has a Lifetime Warranty through Guardian Tactical.  They warranty it for the life of the knife, not specific to the buyer.

Here is what the Internet says about the knife:

The Recon-040 is a modern and innovative, full-sized, tactical, double-action, out-the-front automatic. With patented steel thumb slide base and floating blade construction the Recon-040 is smooth and reliable in its operation while having minimal play and a rock solid feel. This version comes with a dark stonewashed, plain, single edge Elmax blade, black handle and matching hardware.

Blade:  Coming in at 4-inchs plus, the drop point blade sports a razor sharp, hollow grind with plain cutting edge and unsharpened top swedge. The fullers add visual appeal and pair well with the rugged, wear-hiding and non-reflective dark stonewashed finish. The blade operates on an innovative and patented floating mechanism that prevents undue wear on the blade as well as delivering a smooth, drag-free operation. Push the top slide, which rides smoothly on bearings and a non-magnetic stainless steel plate, and the blade deploys and retracts with a decisive action.

Handle: Black hard anodized, aircraft grade aluminum houses the blade and automatic mechanism with subtle finger contours and strategic milling on the sides for a solid, secure grip. At over 5.5 inches in length the Recon 040 has plenty of real estate for even the largest of gloved hands. Construction is completed with black Torx hardware, lanyard hole and hardened steel glass breaker pommel end.

Carries via a reversible, tip down only pocket clip.

Bohler Elmax: Elmax has become an extremely popular choice for high-end user grade knives thanks to its extreme edge retention. Elmax also has a good corrosion resistance, meaning most users can avoid corrosion (rust) by simply wiping off their blade after each use.  Another great feature of this steel is its ability to resist burr formation during sharpening. Elmax has very similar performance to M390 and is used interchangeably by manufacturers.

Specifications

• Overall Length:    9.75"
  • Blade Length: 4.06"
  • Sharpened Length: 3.81"
  • Blade Thickness: 0.15"
  • Blade Material: Elmax
  • Blade Type: Stainless
  • Closed Length: 5.69"
  • Handle Thickness: 0.55"
  • Handle Material: Aluminum
  • Clip: Stainless Steel
  • Weight: 6.20 oz.
  • Country of Manufacture: United States

Terms of Sale

• Sale price is $325.  This includes shipping to the lower 48 US states.
  • Retail price is $389 at GPKnives.com.  They have consistently been the cheapest place to buy these but are currently out of stock.
  • If you're in AK or HI, you'll need to talk with me about postage.
  • What you see is what you get.  Nothing is hidden or altered in these photos.
  • It is up to you to know and adhere to knife laws in your jurisdiction.  Autos are legal to own and carry in Tennessee.
  • Payment needs to be PayPal.

As promised, here are more photos.  If you click them, you will get a larger version.

i-tS5n92q-X3.jpg

i-6bW7V8M-X3.jpg

i-h52QS8h-X3.jpg

(^^ These are the snail trails that I mentioned)

i-T6Jcjc4-X3.jpg

(^^ The discoloration near the clip here is just oil from the knife and handling.)

i-PDQs3Jm-X3.jpg

i-28H2tRV-X3.jpg

i-Dg5VSSm-X3.jpg

i-SVGDXgT-X3.jpg

i-BzMpJZp-X3.jpg

i-KTrbcrg-X3.jpg

i-5X5fPWT-X3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Moderators

⚠️ Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers ⚠️

This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO.

• Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with.   Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete.  Your experience will help others.

• Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun!  None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction.  They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns.  DON'T DO IT.

• Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO.  Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye.

The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link.  Everyone should read them at least once!

~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~