Executive Grade Judge

KahrMan

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Huh.  

I expect there is a specific demographic that this will really appeal to.  That said, it's a demographic that's probably unlikely to spend twice as much on a shiny one as they would on the standard model.

You sure? There’s a whole lotta folks with way more money than sense. I mean if they had any sense this wouldn’t appeal to them in the first place. 

😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Admin Team
3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

You sure? There’s a whole lotta folks with way more money than sense. I mean if they had any sense this wouldn’t appeal to them in the first place. 

😂😂😂

I'm thinking of the retired - mid-70's guy at church on Sunday - who's really not a shooter but has bought the marketing of this thing through and through.  Sort of a "those shotgun rounds will turn a home invader into a bowl of jelly in my front entry hall" kind of person.

I think that person is watching their 401K right now and buying the standard model.

I'll let you know though - I have a decent number of this exact demographic in my social circles. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh IDK, I considered one when they first came out, not for SD or HD, but for a woods gun while hunting, first round a 410 to take care of Jake, and the 45 to dispatch a wounded deer if needed.  But I only considered it for a fleeting moment, especially when I got my hands on one, my .40 could do the same with more rounds and a CCI shotshell as the one in the pipe.

I think it has it's place, but not in my arsenal. For one, I have never liked this types of revolvers. And for another, not at the  MSRP of $949. 

My dad on the other hand has been interested in one of these since he saw one. He's not a gun person, but he had a .410 shotgun and so it resonates with him. 🤷‍♂️

From the article . . . emphasis mine

the Executive Grade Judge has you covered — from jackrabbits to

mountain lions, and everything in between.

Because when you're tangling with a mountain lion a plain old Judge just won't do. You need to show him you mean business with "presentation-grade wood grips, a brushed hand-applied satin-stainless steel finish".

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

My opinion for what it's worth, is that if you're going to buy into the rather shaky rationale behind the .45 / 410 revolver,  you should at least stick with a decent manufacturer.

Full disclosure, I do have a previously-owned S&W Governor somewhere in the safe that has been to the range one time.   

• Like 1

I have no problem w/the concept of these "hand shotguns" but would spring for the S&W over this high-priced Taurus ("executive grade Judge"). The S&W will hold its value over time.

I've fired the 'plebeian' version Judge and it functioned reliably. If money were tight, I'd go that route.

I'm not confident Taurus is understanding the concept of a premium grade product as it just doesn't fit with this particular revolver. People want an Acura or Lexus if they're going to pay a premium over the cost of a Honda or Toyota. I'm not paying $900+ for a Taurus revolver. If they want to make a splash, they need to come up with a new name brand (Trinity?) and build a Python/S&W .357 Registered Magnum level product at two-thirds the price...then they might gain some market share.

Edited by Frog4aday

Well, I've had Taurus revolvers, and I've had Taurus automatics (I don't have either right at the moment), and I'd sure rather have one of their wheel guns as I would one of their autos. I realize their newest autos are showing improvement, but they're not there yet

I think at a $420-440 price point, this would be a decent gun. It won't stay in their catalog more then two years at that MSRP though.

One of my buddys has the standard but it had a 6 inch barrel we took it out to farm have a skeet thrower their and shot skeet  with it    it was fun and a challenge can’t let them get to far out and have to be faster  but no way I would pay 900 for a Taurus 

Edited by Sleep profit