Ammo prices coming down.

At my LGS today. 9mm that was 18 last week is now at 15. .22 that had been 10 now at 7.  .45 that had been 35 now at 29.

I spoke to the owner and told him he had good prices. He said that in the last week distributors had been dropping their prices on nearly all popular ammo. He said he was marking down everything to move it out, some at close to what he had been paying for the cash flow and would buy at much better prices.

So if you're contemplating a big ammo purchase online, it might pay to wait a while and check locally first if possible. 

Then again, if you're in a big city, you might want to get all you can today at the LGS today.

Edited by crc4
  • Like 5

Popular calibers haven’t been too far from the post sandy hook or aka personal property stealing bump stock ban trump era, with exception of low end 22lr because people are paying it.  Everything else is still as high as the assault hammer, woke, agencies raining tyranny , almost to ww3, corporate kick back, CRS Brandon era    I’ll try to keep saving and wait for the final crash.  But I need more SRP 😞

7 hours ago, ohell said:

Popular calibers haven’t been too far from the post sandy hook or aka personal property stealing bump stock ban trump era, with exception of low end 22lr because people are paying it.  Everything else is still as high as the assault hammer, woke, agencies raining tyranny , almost to ww3, corporate kick back, CRS Brandon era    I’ll try to keep saving and wait for the final crash.  But I need more SRP 😞

You have a such a way with words.🤣

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Buy it cheap and stack it deep! We’ve seen this movie before. We’re one event from going right back to prices doubling or unavailable again.

Yep, that's what I did not to long ago. Between the price for 9mm and .380 getting close to my strike price and all the credit card monitoring that is promised, I restocked to levels I can live with for a long time. If it actually goes much lower I may add a bit more in some calibers that I don't shoot as much. Most of my reserve is still at levels that my son will end up shooting when I'm long gone.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

Yep, that's what I did not to long ago. Between the price for 9mm and .380 getting close to my strike price and all the credit card monitoring that is promised, I restocked to levels I can live with for a long time. If it actually goes much lower I may add a bit more in some calibers that I don't shoot as much. Most of my reserve is still at levels that my son will end up shooting when I'm long gone.

Ammo may go up or down in price, but it nevers loses value.

• Like 3

As I understand it primers of all kinds are the holdup.

While this won't bring quick relief, Fiocchi is building a new plant in Missouri to make primers for their ammunition with hopes to have a surplus for consumers. The problem is the plant is not due to open until 2025.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 1 month later...

The thing that gets me is that if you go to ammoseek, some of the best prices you can get are some of these very unknown online dealers. I've ordered from them, and they are legit. But what I don't understand is, why do some of the larger suppliers, like PSA, not have their ammo prices even lower than them? I mean, they are doing much greater volumes in sales etc. than some of these small time online dealers. But it seem like those small time online dealers end up having the best prices on ammo. Hmmm...

17 hours ago, carl1000 said:

The thing that gets me is that if you go to ammoseek, some of the best prices you can get are some of these very unknown online dealers. I've ordered from them, and they are legit. But what I don't understand is, why do some of the larger suppliers, like PSA, not have their ammo prices even lower than them? I mean, they are doing much greater volumes in sales etc. than some of these small time online dealers. But it seem like those small time online dealers end up having the best prices on ammo. Hmmm...

Maybe because the ammo is still  flying off the shelves at the posted prices?  There's not much incentive for any retailer to lower prices as long as the sales volume stays relatively constant ...

6 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

Smoky Mountain Gun Works on Asheville Highway has both Fiocchi and S&B 9mm priced at $12.99 / 50 round box

Picked up 7 boxes of Fiocchi for $99.34 after as sales tax and stamp

Was that 124 gr?

On 3/18/2023 at 4:05 PM, A.J. Holst said:

Smoky Mountain Gun Works on Asheville Highway has both Fiocchi and S&B 9mm priced at $12.99 / 50 round box

Picked up 7 boxes of Fiocchi for $99.34 after as sales tax and stamp

I'm seeing12.0 to 13.00 on many of the traditional online sellers, I.E., GrabAGun,  PSA, and the like. Most times it is 115, but if you look constantly; 124 shows us as well.

Since both Fiocchi and S&B are about at the top of my favorite ammo list, I watch for the sales. Sometimes, but not often, I find "free shipping" above 99 or 200 bucks.

I'm trying to get an order together now.

• Like 1