Things Every Kid Should Learn

Treat everyone you come across with respect and dignity as everyone you will ever meet has at least one thing you could learn from them. There is no more powerful force in the world than consistency. And that communism has failed miserably every where in the world that it was ever implemented. 

• Like 2

It seems many youth look for reasons that they too can be a member of the oppressed victim of society club. This gives a young person a why bother to try attitude.

Teach them to avoid this line of thinking and the people that are destroying their motivation. 

On 2/1/2023 at 10:14 AM, Ronald_55 said:

How to walk away from a fight. Sometimes the best win is avoiding it. About that age I had no concept of that. Applies to boys and girls for both physical and verbal fights. Nothing is accomplished. 

Basic physical self defense. Nothing fancy, just how to save their ass if it turns into a brawl before they can walk away. Or in case an adult tries to drag them off. At that point there is no fair fight. Doesn't have to be martial arts or anything. How to punch without breaking their hand or cutting themselves up on teeth. 

Yes, and in that order.  I was a small child and an easy pick for bullies.  There was a group of guys in our neighborhood that loved to chastise me simply because it was something to do and likely made them feel better about their own pathetic selves.  (Most of these guys would later spend time in prison).  I wish I had had the confidence to catch one of them out alone and clobber him, but instead I spent several years walking with a big stick or calling friends to come to my house if we wanted to go somewhere else so I didn't have to walk down the street alone.  That situation went on until one of them was dealt with.  

That situation impacted me mentally for many years, even as a grown adult.  I was always afraid that someone would give me a hard time for no reason and there was nothing that I could do about it.  I also didn't have the confidence to stand up for myself when my employers would tell me to do unreasonable things.  

It took 15-20 years or so but I got past all of that.  I got my confidence back.  Now my focus is on making sure that my son has the ability to not let that happen to him. 

• Like 2

1. How to love, worship, and obey the Lord

2. The world doesn't owe you anything you have to earn everything you want/need.

3. Be kind and generous to your fellow man and to animals.

4. The value of education and how to learn on your own.