Chinese "weather" balloon floating over the US

tercel89

I'm starting to guess this has been going on for quite some time.

Now the cat's out of the bag with the huge obvious one being spotted by everyone (maybe on purpose?), the Govt. is doing something finally to save face politically.

The biggest threat these objects pose is exposing/testing the weakness of the US to stand up to China I suppose. 

1 hour ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Now the cat's out of the bag with the huge obvious one being spotted by everyone (maybe on purpose?), the Govt. is doing something finally to save face politically.

The biggest threat these objects pose is exposing/testing the weakness of the US to stand up to China I suppose. 

I as well thinking about the very same thing.

35 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

We should release about 400 over 🇨🇳 with a pic of Xi performing lewd acts . LOL

Or Biden shaking hands and talking to invisible people. With his hand on the trigger that scares me so maybe it would scare them! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Good guess. They've been all over the world for quite some time. 

5 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

On the national news last night they were saying that the U.S. knew about the balloon as soon as it launched in China. Politicians are now fussing about why they weren't we notified even sooner? 

Is it really necessary for DoD to notify politicians about every thing if there is no eminent threat?  I imagine if the ballon hadn’t been spotted over Montana we still wouldn’t be hearing about them. 

I trust our military to handle these situations. 

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I understand our military is now shooting down weather balloons. I always wanted to go for a ride in a hot air balloon, but I think I’ll put that on the back burner for now.😲

Yep!

Edited by Links2k
17 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

What did I miss? We shot down a weather balloon?

Nobody knows what we shot down but we shot down four something’s and the last three probably could have been handled with guns rather than missiles.  😀

Edited by Garufa
4 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

We are now the laughing stock of the world.

We'll always be the envy of the world, or at least most of it. People clamber to come here. But I get what you're saying: the political class kowtows to the media who love nothing more than hysterical headlines.

• Like 1