Anything worthwhile on TV?

deerslayer

4 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

$2099

It looked like a high quality gun.  It doesn't fit anywhere in the competitive world (the first place my brain goes), but man I liked that gun. 

Thanks. So you can’t use it in competition  Good to know in advance thanks 

Edited by Sleep profit
1 minute ago, Sleep profit said:

Thanks. So you can’t use it in competition  

You could shoot it in USPSA Limited division. but it's currently offered only in 9mm, which is a significant scoring handicap vs .40 guns in Limited.  Single actions aren't allowed in USPSA Carry Optics division.  It's too heavy for IDPA without seriously milling the slide to make weight.  Other shooting games, I have no idea.   

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PrestonH said:

1923 I think is the best show on television right now. 

I actually don't care about the Montana storyline at all.   I'm really enjoying the Spencer story and would love to see more of him.  The Alex character has been okay but I'd love more Spencer prior to Alex.   Teonna Rainwater has also been an interesting storyline.  But the ranch part is just more of the same, set 100 years prior to Yellowstone.  Not really interesting to me. 

• Like 1
On 2/6/2023 at 8:48 AM, Erik88 said:

HBO max has a great new show I think you will like called The Last of US. Another popular show on there is White Lotus. The Menu is a good but strange movie you might like. 

This is a fairly decent show. I'll usually watch any kind of outbreak/apocalypse show or movie. I had to fast forward through some parts of episode 3, but overall it's a good show.

3 minutes ago, BigK said:

This is a fairly decent show. I'll usually watch any kind of outbreak/apocalypse show or movie. I had to fast forward through some parts of episode 3, but overall it's a good show.

Speaking of apocalypse shows, Jericho was good but very short lived. 

• Like 5
On 2/6/2023 at 5:10 PM, deerslayer said:

I'm tired of Beth Dutton and all the memes saying Rip is a real man because he supports his woman no matter what.  If Rip were real and had a two digit IQ, he would drop that unstable b*tch like a bad habit.

I didn't even start GOT until after it had ended.  It just seemed too Dungeons-and-Dragonsish to me.  I finally watched the first season and was surprised.  I then decided to read the books to figure out exactly who was who.  Ha!  And I thought the show had a lot going on.  After reading all five books, I went back to the show and loved it.  

I once heard someone ask, "What fictional character would you like to have dinner with?"  No brainer - Tyrion Lannister.  

Tyrion is definitely my favorite of the GOT characters. A few others come close...but not close enough. You've read all 5 books?!? I bow in your general direction...sir.

5 hours ago, BigK said:

Episode 3, or was it 4? Not really remembering at the moment.

Anyway, I thought was a decent filler. But not really necessary in the story. I fully believe, and told my wife this...it was thrown in just for the sake of the LBGTQ???  Had to appease the woke gods. Totally unnecessary for the story. JMO.

• Like 1

I've been watching The Last of Us. Decent show. Its just The Walking Dead with a different kind of Zombie. 🙄

Episode 3 got a lot of attention, I guess that's why they made it. It was ok to me. Didn't really care for it, but I wasn't offended by it either.  I honestly think it would have worked much better if it had been a straight couple. Just another example of woke Hollywierd. ☹️

I was really surprised Nick Offerman took that role. His whole image is the super macho guy. But I do give him credit for doing a good job. 

I saw a little blurb somewhere on the internet that the audiences didn't like it at all. It was the lowest rated show in HBO/Max history. 

• Like 2

Was on YouTube and come across a show that we watched. Granted it was only 30 minutes. Broderick Crawford, Highway Patrol, had Clint Eastwood is a good guy biker.

Also, I’ve been watching Rawhide, Wild, Wild West, wife has the hots for Robert Conrad, Paladin, and Wyatt Earp. Also watch a little Steve McQueen in Wanted Dead or Alive.

Edited by RED333
Because I can
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, RED333 said:

Was on YouTube and come across a show that we watched. Granted it was only 30 minutes. Broderick Crawford, Highway Patrol, had Clint Eastwood is a good guy biker.

Also, I’ve been watching Rawhide, Wild, Wild West, wife has the hots for Robert Conrad, Paladin, and Wyatt Earp. Also watch a little Steve McQueen in Wanted Dead or Alive.

Man, I loved all of those shows from my childhood!

Well I might as well throw a few in for good measures. The Movie called The Highwaymen was a new and more accurate story of Bonnie & Clyde and then there is a mini series called Resident Evil that has like 5 programs and I just finished Resident Evil the conclusion. Other than that I spend a lot of time watching "Life Below Zero" on the history channel. There is like 20 seasons of it and each season has like 15 shows each. That's all for me.

Lone Star Law is great.It’s a reality game warden show in Texas.The  production company has other shows set in the North East and a new one in Louisiana too but the Texas show is the best one.Benny Richards,one of the wardens has written 2 books with a 3rd coming out soon.

3 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I was really surprised Nick Offerman took that role. His whole image is the super macho guy. But I do give him credit for doing a good job.  

I haven’t watched it so I don’t know what you’re referring to.   But Offerman is a pretty liberal leaning guy.  And if you are familiar with his standup, you’ll see that.  

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, et45 said:

Lone Star Law is great.It’s a reality game warden show in Texas.The  production company has other shows set in the North East and a new one in Louisiana too but the Texas show is the best one.Benny Richards,one of the wardens has written 2 books with a 3rd coming out soon.

I use to watch the show they had in Maine and the game wardens up there have more authority than the police do.

1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

I haven’t watched it so I don’t know what you’re referring to.   But Offerman is a pretty liberal leaning guy.  And if you are familiar with his standup, you’ll see that.  

I didn't know that. Honestly, I've never watched any of his shows. I only know him from internet clips of his character. 🙄

For those who don't know, Last of Us Episode 3 was about two gay survivors who found each other in the aftermath and followed their story for 20 years until one died of a normal disease and the other committed suicide over losing him. 

I still believe that story would have worked much better if the couple had been a straight man and a woman. It added nothing to the shows ongoing story line. Just Hollywood pushing their agenda. 🙄

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

It added nothing to the shows ongoing story line. Just Hollywood pushing their agenda. 🙄

And that is why I tapped out.  Seems to be a trend in shows made in the last 2-3 years and I’m sick of it. 

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

And that is why I tapped out.  Seems to be a trend in shows made in the last 2-3 years and I’m sick of it. 

Sadly, they have the ultimate vehicle to haul their agenda into the future. If they flood entertainment with those images, most people will believe it's as common as something in widespread usage like say an AR-15s with a pistol brace when it's really only as common as something like .45 GAP. 🙂 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, hipower said:

You've read all 5 books?!? I bow in your general direction...sir.

It took a minute.  I’m not the reader my dad was.  He read Rise and Fall of the Third Reich in three or four days and Shogun in less.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1

I rolled the dice on what I figured was another cheesy CIA movie - Gray Man.  It was silly, but fun enough - lots of bad guys who are lousy shots, a hot brunette who can fight, Pablo Escobar playing the fake ID guy, the Prague police used P-09s instead of the usual Glocks, and the hero takes multiple stab wounds and a gunshot, but walks out of the hospital in two weeks and goes back into one man army mode.  I LOLd when Ryan Gosling used the reflection in the windows to figure out when and where to shoot the bad guy through the train roof.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I knew a lot of people here were gonna hate episode 3.  The reality is that people are gay. I didn't find any agenda. 

This show is leaps and bounds better than The Walking Dead. 

That gets pushed heavily in the second game that the show is based on. The agenda is definitely woven throughout the source material. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
49 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I rolled the dice on what I figured was another cheesy CIA movie - Gray Man.  It was silly, but fun enough - lots of bad guys who are lousy shots, a hot brunette who can fight, Pablo Escobar playing the fake ID guy, the Prague police used P-09s instead of the usual Glocks, and the hero takes multiple stab wounds and a gunshot, but walks out of the hospital in two weeks and goes back into one man army mode.  I LOLd when Ryan Gosling used the reflection in the windows to figure out when and where to shoot the bad guy through the train roof.  

The movie was pure schlock. The books are way, way better. Also, the author of the books is somebody you may very well have seen around town and possibly at the range. 

3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

That gets pushed heavily in the second game that the show is based on. The agenda is definitely woven throughout the source material. 

What agenda is that? Why does it even matter? So far the show has been good. It has stayed away from politics and focused on building the characters and the plot. 

It showed a gay couple kissing and people got uncomfortable. That's the sorry. 

12 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

The movie was pure schlock. The books are way, way better. Also, the author of the books is somebody you may very well have seen around town and possibly at the range. 

I knew the author was from or lived in Memphis.  I'll have to check out the books.  

4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It showed a gay couple kissing and people got uncomfortable. That's the sorry. 

Why do shows suddenly have to include this?  A lot of people don't want to see it.  

• Like 1