The cold hard light of lethargy!

As the General Assembly moves forward, the strangle hold of those who live to deny the rights and privileges contained in the Constitutions of the State and Union are about their sinister work.  Failure to stand up and be heard is the sustenance that feeds that monster.

Those of us who portend to be supporters of the 2nd Amendment spend hours typing and snipping at each other on forums, yet how many actually avail themselves of the Opportunities to act on their charge to "instruct their representatives" as levied in Article 1 Section 23 of our State Constitution?

The Senate has mandated that every 2nd Amendment bill be heard in Judiciary March 7th.  This mandated by Chairman Gardenhire, (who by the way will again this year, champion and sponsor the attempt to give the children of illegals a huge tax break via offering them in-state tuition to our colleges and universities).  It is his desire to General Sub (kill) as many 2nd Amendment issues as possible by this tactic.  Know full well that the House will have trouble getting these bills moving in the respective committees in that chamber by that time and  the "will" of the Senate is to consider nothing that is not moving in the House when it is put on notice in the Senate.

If there is not an outcry of disapproval from the true masters of government (The People) they will once again shred the ability to enjoy the true rights and privileges contained in our Constitutions, but that of the State and Union, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

If you snooze, you loose.  If an issue is killed this year, it is dead next as well.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Sir,

I cannot find the words to show my appreciation for all the efforts you’ve put into furthering our gun rights in Tennessee.

I suck at expressing myself, so please do not take offense at my attempt.

I am only speaking for myself, but may well resemble other members here…maybe not.

I despise politicians. I probably cannot communicate directly with politicians without incurring legal troubles. I vote regularly. That’s about all I know I can legally do. I understand you know more things we can legally do to help persuade our elected officials.

I would appreciate instruction or suggestions as to what we should be doing to help. I expect others would as well. 

It isn’t that we won’t help, it’s that we all have different strengths and weaknesses, and we really just don’t know what to do.

I sure hope you take from this post what I meant to convey.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Sir,

I cannot find the words to show my appreciation for all the efforts you’ve put into furthering our gun rights in Tennessee.

I am only speaking for myself, but may well resemble other members here…maybe not.

I despise politicians. I probably cannot communicate directly with politicians without incurring legal troubles. I vote regularly. That’s about all I know I can legally do. I understand you know more things we can legally do to help persuade our elected officials.

I would appreciate instruction or suggestions as to what we should be doing to help. I expect others would as well. 

It isn’t that we won’t help, it’s that we all have different strengths and weaknesses, and we really just don’t know what to do.

I will be posting the basis of a letter that needs to be sent to every Senator, it speaks to their duty and the fact we all know what they swear to God to do, but fail on most accounts. 

I appreciate your efforts and words, next week will be very important.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Sir,

I agree.  I get so angry at my reps that I want to curse them, which I know is counterproductive.  When TFA posted on their site a sample letter a while back on a gun related issue, I used it and sent it to my reps, but living in Davidson county, I’m sure it fell on deaf ears, or rather, blind eyes.  Worried ma, does it do any good to send emails to other than ones own reps?

2 hours ago, Defender said:

I agree.  I get so angry at my reps that I want to curse them, which I know is counterproductive.  When TFA posted on their site a sample letter a while back on a gun related issue, I used it and sent it to my reps, but living in Davidson county, I’m sure it fell on deaf ears, or rather, blind eyes.  Worried ma, does it do any good to send emails to other than ones own reps?

Always to the Committee Members where a bill is.

• Like 2