Hog Hunt In South GA

Will

After years of wanting to go and reading all the stories on here I finally went.  A six hour trip to Plains Ga for a night hunt with Hog  Swat.  Great outfit.people and equipment.                             Used their gun ,ammo & night vision optic.  Left at dark and sighted in. Ran across a single at midnight,stalked and missed it . Stalked a group of 20 about 2 AM  and choked by missing the bigger two big one but getting a medium one out of the bunch.  I do not know what my problem was missing as sight in put two rounds out of two on the target at sight in. I got first place two years in a row on High School rifle team?   Conditions for hunt were not good , full moon- warm and windy.  Next time I bring my rifle and optic.  Went out for seven hours in their van with night vision on roof but it only spotted first single hog,rest seen behind a hill with hand held optic.   Got a buddy now wants to go next trip.    Plan to do a Dallas area one in future but next one in South GA again. What a Riot anyone have any tips or guides you had luck with.

They are top notch and will use them again. They run a hunt in groups of 4-5   They provide everything needed gun,ammo,night vision and tripod.   The first van was full and my van had only me that night.  About 45 minutes stalking and about 45 minutes between fields . Guide knew his stuff about hogs,said most groups get at least a shot and some nights wholesale. He said he has groups run up on a dozen hogs and kill them all,get back to the van and another dozen have come out of the woods.  They have a couple huge pig and cattle lots that own and grow their own corn and other crops and have thousands of acres to pick from along with farmers asking to have land hunted.  No lodging but nice hotels in Americus GA and they pick you up.

• Like 1