Baretta A300 Ultima patrol

Alleycat72

At a big game safari expo. Just bothered the beretta rep for a few minutes and he was more than generous with his time. 

I have a 1301. Honestly they feel the same shouldered, same sights, pic rail, charging handle, dust cover, capacity, the texturing is different and maybe better to handle in the field.

The loading gate is easier to load, they took off some of the material vs. the 1301. Looks easier to tac load.

It’s very light but so is the 1301. It doesn’t feel like 6 or whatever lbs. Didnt ask about the trigger, I know online some people complained about the weight but IMHO it’s a tactical shotgun… Negligible. 

It doesn’t have the BLINK system the 1301 has. Means it fires slower. Also means more cleaning in between use. (Beretta advertises the 1301 between 6-8000 rounds between cleaning)

For $700 less than the 1301 (I remember reading beretta increased all prices 10-15%) I’d say it’s a great alt. Also the tiger strip design is pretty B.A.  

Hope this helps, just my .02 as a 1301 owner. 

Edited by Scotty
Typo

I like em..!!! Re do of the 1201 , but built in Gallatin, TN...!!! Who'd a thought it..!? 

I gotta have one ta go with my " new to me " 1201... 

The greatest selling points for me are the alloy frame that lightens the gun considerably, the recoil operating system ( no worry and fuss about gas systems clogging ), and the Beretta quality and reliability thing.

I've started an A300 procurement fund... All that from a riot shotgun junky who loves em all...

Riot gun leroy.

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...

An outfit called GG&G IIRC has a aftermarket aircraft aluminum Mag extension and barrel clamp to replace the factory craptastic plastic ones.

Under 80 bucks

And they need to make the ghost ring aperture itself out of metal insted of craptastic plastic also.

Metal and craptastic plastic don't work well in adjustable sight assemblies.

I'm gonna get one soon to go with my A390 dove gun and my AL390 Silver mallard special camo Turkey gun.

I like Beretta SG,s.

Edited by Ren3gade50
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my experience with the A300 is not good.  Yes, it probably is the exception, but Beretta's handling of the issue is awful.  I bought an A300 for skeet/sporting clays and it malfunctioned 50-60% (mostly failure to go into battery, but a few FTE) right out of the box, regardless of ammo (4 different brands, all the same result).  I broke it down and cleaned everything, even called Beretta and took all the steps they suggested, and nothing worked.  I shipped it back to them and got it back 2.5 weeks later.  It came back worse.  Malfunction percentage up to 80+% and FTE became a bigger issue.  There was NOTHING in the box that indicated what (if anything) they did to the gun.  When I called, the rep said they replaced the barrel and test-fired.  There is NO WAY they test-fired it, unless they shot exactly one round and did not check it for cycling.  When I got it, it malfunctioned on the first 3 shots and only properly cycled on 3 rounds out of the first 25.  Had to send it back to them again and they've had it now for a month.  They seem completely unwilling to replace the gun and apparently incapable of fixing the problem.  On top of this, I bought the gun for an outing that was a few weeks after the purchase.  I had to get another gun just to attend the function, so this has cost a LOT more than the cost of the A300.  Not a fan of Beretta at this point.

Edited by midtennchip
3 hours ago, midtennchip said:

Unfortunately, my experience with the A300 is not good.  Yes, it probably is the exception, but Beretta's handling of the issue is awful.  I bought an A300 for skeet/sporting clays and it malfunctioned 50-60% (mostly failure to go into battery, but a few FTE) right out of the box, regardless of ammo (4 different brands, all the same result).  I broke it down and cleaned everything, even called Beretta and took all the steps they suggested, and nothing worked.  I shipped it back to them and got it back 2.5 weeks later.  It came back worse.  Malfunction percentage up to 80+% and FTE became a bigger issue.  There was NOTHING in the box that indicated what (if anything) they did to the gun.  When I called, the rep said they replaced the barrel and test-fired.  There is NO WAY they test-fired it, unless they shot exactly one round and did not check it for cycling.  When I got it, it malfunctioned on the first 3 shots and only properly cycled on 3 rounds out of the first 25.  Had to send it back to them again and they've had it now for a month.  They seem completely unwilling to replace the gun and apparently incapable of fixing the problem.  On top of this, I bought the gun for an outing that was a few weeks after the purchase.  I had to get another gun just to attend the function, so this has cost a LOT more than the cost of the A300.  Not a fan of Beretta at this point.

That sucks