P365 XMacro TacOps (Range Report)

NoBanStan

56 minutes ago, JustEd said:

Had two P365's.聽 One bought myself, other from friend who passed away. Both nice guns.

Try locking the slide open before inserting a full magazine into the grip.聽 Then just slingshot the slide to release it or, if you want to look like a rookie, use the slide release 馃槅

The mags do get easier to load as they are cycled.聽 Eventually you should be able to put a full mag in on a closed slide without slapping it so hard.聽 The Hellcat mags seems easier to me, jmo.

All in all, sounds like a great purchase.聽 Now, get a Holosun kx2 for it.聽 Make sure any holster you get now will work with a red dot mounted.

Enjoy!

I think once that spring breaks in, it won't be much of an issue.

Also picked up a Holosun 507k x2 Green Dot. Just put it on yesterday.

• Like 1
On 2/25/2023 at 7:26 AM, Whisper said:

Don't sell it.聽 You can buy the Macro grip module and some 17-round mags and put the XL slide assembly on it and then you'll have the ammo capacity benefits of the Macro without the bullet-velocity-reducing drawbacks of its "compensator."

Cheers,

Whisper

WAIT! What??? You can do that? A Macro frame with an XL slide?

2 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

WAIT! What??? You can do that? A Macro frame with an XL slide?

Yep, and depending upon how many mags you need, you鈥檒l only be out of a couple hundred dollars. No knock on the original Macro.聽

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a聽P365-XMACRO TACOPS 3 weeks ago.

The grip is what makes it work for me and my large hands.

The 4 mags is a big plus and the sights are good for bad breath distance and 25 yards .

I ran the wizard drill cold and made a clean run.

Then ran the test and took almost the 10 seconds but all rounds in the black.

Slow fire group at 25 yards scored a 92 with 3 X's not my best effort the pistol is capable of much better results than I did.

I tried a Hellcat Pro and liked it but the front sight at 25 yards made it hard for me to be accurate.聽

JMO the best deal out there is the聽Mossberg MC2c ...聽 got a good deal on it and it's a pleasant surprise...

Would I buy聽the P365-XMACRO TACOPS if I had to do over?聽 yes because of the inherit accuracy of it.

A pistol that small that holds 17 rounds and is capable of 25- and 50-yard hits.聽

We live in some crazy times you never know if a situation might come up...聽 just ask聽Elisjsha Dicken.

Edited by Kano
5 hours ago, Kano said:

I picked up a聽P365-XMACRO TACOPS 3 weeks ago.

The grip is what makes it work for me and my large hands.

The 4 mags is a big plus and the sights are good for bad breath distance and 25 yards .

I ran the wizard drill cold and made a clean run.

Then ran the test and took almost the 10 seconds but all rounds in the black.

Slow fire group at 25 yards scored a 92 with 3 X's not my best effort the pistol is capable of much better results than I did.

I tried a Hellcat Pro and liked it but the front sight at 25 yards made it hard for me to be accurate.聽

JMO the best deal out there is the聽Mossberg MC2c ...聽 got a good deal on it and it's a pleasant surprise...

Would I buy聽the P365-XMACRO TACOPS if I had to do over?聽 yes because of the inherit accuracy of it.

A pistol that small that holds 17 rounds and is capable of 25- and 50-yard hits.聽

We live in some crazy times you never know if a situation might come up...聽 just ask聽Elisjsha Dicken.

If I was buying today this is the one I think I鈥檇 buy, but I really like my original non-comp Sig P-365XL Spectre. 聽It shoots well, conceals easily and heck, I just like the looks of the distressed slide! 聽I might consider a different grip module that fit my hand a little better and better matched the slide. 聽I鈥檇 consider adding a mag well also, but don鈥檛 want to spend 80+ bucks and then not like it.

• Like 1

I sighted in the Holosun 507k-GR today. I'm pretty happy with it, but i shot like crap.... I certainly hit what i was aiming at but i was low and left (that's probably me). Rested it's fine. Still getting used to that flat trigger, I might look for options there.

This is my first striker fired pistol, it's not broken in and i'm using an RDS for the first time. Plus i'm rusty (adulting is hard). I'm also a bit spoiled by having several very good CZs....

Still happy with it, just need more time behind the sight.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

I sighted in the Holosun 507k-GR today. I'm pretty happy with it, but i shot like crap.... I certainly hit what i was aiming at but i was low and left (that's probably me). Rested it's fine. Still getting used to that flat trigger, I might look for options there.

This is my first striker fired pistol, it's not broken in and i'm using an RDS for the first time. Plus i'm rusty (adulting is hard). I'm also a bit spoiled by having several very good CZs....

Still happy with it, just need more time behind the sight.

No question that gun and that sight are capable of better accuracy than I have. I really LOVE the trigger on the P365 lineup.

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience, the comp on the macro really helped it return back to zero pretty quick. Still has that snappy feel but its a small gun. All small guns will have that snappy feel. Was thinking about getting the tacops without the comp but after shooting it, I'm going for the macro.

• Like 3
On 4/17/2023 at 11:22 PM, hipower said:

I keep resisting. Mainly becasuse of funds, but looked at one today. I really like the X Macro!

Larry, do you have any 365 variant now? 聽I was going to get a macro frame for my XL Spectre, but I have a boatload of 12 round mags so didn鈥檛 want to waste that. 聽With the tac dev floor plate on my 12 Round EDC mag, I鈥檓 very happy with the fit in my hand, plus I carry 17 rounders as reloads. 聽I鈥檓 not loving the stock 17nround floor plate, but haven鈥檛 seen one yet I like better. 聽I doubt I鈥檒l get the macro.聽

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Defender said:

Larry, do you have any 365 variant now? 聽I was going to get a macro frame for my XL Spectre, but I have a boatload of 12 round mags so didn鈥檛 want to waste that. 聽With the tac dev floor plate on my 12 Round EDC mag, I鈥檓 very happy with the fit in my hand, plus I carry 17 rounders as reloads. 聽I鈥檓 not loving the stock 17nround floor plate, but haven鈥檛 seen one yet I like better. 聽I doubt I鈥檒l get the macro.聽

No, I sold the 365XL a while back.馃槦 May try for another later on.

At the NRA convention, Crossbreed just happened to have a minituck hybrid for the XMacro, I was excited to see it for only $69, so i picked it up on site. Unfortunately, it's not great.聽 The build quality is fine but the ride height is way too low for having an optic installed. With the available adjustments, the optic is either sitting on top of my belt or it's under the belt. I can't have my carry not seating fully or snagging under the belt. I may be able to punch some new holes in the leather to raise it up, but it tells me that nobody at Crossbreed ever tried it themselves.

I also have a Black Arch Protos being shipped to me.