Servicos Aventuras small pistol primers

I'm in pretty good shape as far as primers go for the next several years. BUT, as with most of us that handload, I don't want to run out.

So, I've been following various forums and have seen these primers mentioned (sold through the Norma website). Several folks have posted that they have ordered these with free shipping and no Hazmat. Sounded too good to be true. So I continued to watch and wait. I kept reading about positive experiences both as regards the primers and the no Hazmat/free shipping.

Then a 20% discount code popped up.

I thought, well I've never paid $60.00/1000 primers before. I only paid $27.00/K for the last I ordered pre-Covid. But figured "What the heck" 馃檪

So I logged onto the Norma site and ordered 3000 primers for $180.00....total.

I received shipping notice and FedEx delivered the primers 4 days later.

I had read that the primers worked well, just that they needed to be fully seated.

I loaded up 40 rounds of 9mm... 20 using my old Dillon 550 to seat the primers and 20 using my RCBS hand priming tool.

Next I loaded 40 rounds of .38 spl full wadcutters. 20 rounds using the RCBS and 20 rounds using my single stage Lee press.

Finally I loaded up 20 rounds of .32 S&W longs. All using the Lee single stage press.

I took my G-19, S&W Shield in 9mm,聽 LCR in .38 spl,聽 my S&W Model 15 (.38 spl) and my LCR in .327 mag (.32 S&W loads) over to Range USA this morning.

Only one round required a second strike. This was a 9mm in my stock factory innards Glock 19. And it was a Dillon seated primer.

So, one round out of 100 required a second strike. I have no complaints... well, except I wish the price would come down more...but don't we all.

FYI.. these primers sold out the day I ordered. But from what I read on various forums Norma runs this deal from time to time.

Just thought I'd share some, to me anyway, good news.

I normally only shoot my G19 and .38 LCR each week. But I sacrificed all the darn cleaning I still have to do so I could share this info with you folks. 馃槈

Primers.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My pleasure @Darrell.

I was concerned about having 3K of primers that wouldn't work! That's why I tried them out on multiple handguns.

I think that if I am meticulous about seating them they'll work fine for range use.

My Glock 19 usually sets off everything just fine. Shield as well. I have to think I could have done a better seating job on that one example...or maybe it was just the primer...

I know I have a Smith or two that likes Federal primers. So now I know I can devote at least 3K of my Federal primer "stash" to my picky Smiths. 馃檪

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update.

I was able to get out to ORSA and shoot some steel with a bud yesterday.

We shot another 100 rounds through his 2 Glock 19's and PPC 9mm. 100% ignition.

Then another 100 rounds .38 WC (148 gr with Bullseye traditional load)聽 through my old S&W Model 10, Model 15,聽 and LCR. We only tried 15 rounds through the 15.

4 rounds took a second strike with the Model 15 (seating depth issue?) ... the Model 10 and LCR were 100%.

All of the 9mm were loaded through my old Dillon 550. A firm seating during the priming stage seems to be the ticket! 馃檪

Would I choose these over Federal, CCI, or Winchester?

Nope, but these days a fell can't be too picky and I am quite satisfied with them so far.

• Like 2