A little breezy today!!!

On 3/3/2023 at 10:28 PM, gregintenn said:

I have several trees down, but there isn’t anything under them, so that’s good. 

Sorry for that buddy. We were luckier this time. Lots of small limbs and debris all over the yard. and one fairly large limb in the front. Will have to get some help with it this time. Not safe for me and a chainsaw anymore.

But glad all you fellows are well, there were large trees down all around me, and parts of Madison, on Neeleys Bend, and up to the Rivergat area were without power from 6 to almost 24 hours in parts.

That was some strong wind! I usually sleep thru about anything when I finally get to sleep, but this time, it was pretty intense. I heard trash cans bouncing down the road, and paper strewn all over.

Spent a couple hours this afternoon helping a neighbor cut up another neighbor's cypress tree that came down. It was really big, probably 2ft across at the base.   A minor miracle, it landed on their fence but didn't hurt it. It was laying across the gate and didn't even bend the hinges. 

I was hopping in the Jeep to leave and noticed the tongue of my camper completely inside the wheel of my driver front tire (4.5" backspacing). The wind slid it about 18" down the driveway.  I usually don't put the wheel chocks in place when I have the stabilizers down, but I sure will from now on.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

My old chainsaw finally laid down on me yesterday. I may go look, but I’ll be surprised if there are any on the shelves around here right now.😀

oh i'm sure they all went up in price as well 🙂

I managed to get my fence rebuilt over about 3 days. Sadly, it made me take a much closer look at my fence and realize just how old it is. I had to remove a few panels to refit some of the sections and i was able to just break the pickets off by hand.

My fence (shadow box) covers half of a 3/4 acre lot.... that's not gonna be cheap. But at least i can do it myself.

• Like 1

Co-Op still had their normal shelf full of saws at the regular price. He said they’d sold more than normal since Friday, but they sell a bunch of saws every day, so he had plenty.

I got a Stihl MS 170 with a 16” bar. It weighs a little more than half what my old saw weighs and seems to cut just as good. Best of all, it actually runs!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1