Springfield XDM Elite 10mm

RandyB

Picked this up from my dealer last month. Springfield XDM Elite in 10mm. Mag holds 16 (2 mags included), decent trigger, red dot ready, 4.5 inch barrel. Plenty of pistol for the delivered price of $566. Ambidextrous mag release and slide release. Sights are easy to pick up.

Edited by RandyB
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, JustEd said:

Anxious to hear how it works out!

Seems that 10mm has just about replaced 40 s&w in terms of interest. Might have to get one myself. Ok when primers are available again (reasonabe prices)or loading. 

I'd be a lot more likely to buy a 10mm than a 40 S&W.  Just makes more sense to me, since I could see me using this more for a large predator defense gun, while hiking. I've always been committed to .38spl/.357mag/9mm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got a couple of em in 10 mm.  They are excellent pistolas.  Mine are Glocks, but I keep craving an XD M like the one ya just picked up.  I'm more a fan of XDs triggers than Glocks.  I seem to shoot em a bit better.  I can tell ya if your 10 mm shoots like my 9 mm XD M elite 4.5; ya are gonna like it... 

Can't wait to hear the range report...

leroy...

• Like 1

I bought the Springfield based on results from a couple of guys I personally know and it was highly recommended. One of my friends loads it with stiff 200 grain hard cast loads and carries it for bear protection in Alaska. He mentioned he did change out the spring as well.

Doubt I'll run into a bear on my walks but 2 legged creatures scare me even more as well as stray dogs. I'll stick with 180 grain Hornady XTP's

• Like 1