Springfield SA35 sighting!

First: if this is inappropriate, please report to a moderator for editing, relocation or deletion, I’m not connected with the location in question.

I don’t know how many you’ve seen of these new Springfield Armory SA35s, but I’ve been interested since I first got wind of them. I walked into a local gun shop yesterday and saw not one, but THREE of them, at the going price of like $749 or so. 
Are you guys seeing some show up on your dealers shelves?

Sadly, I’m in no shape to consider adding another High Power to the stable, having just got jammed with buying 4 new tires for the wife’s van. Darn fate, and real life, and all those distractions…

Wasn’t the original SA35 MSRP lower? You know, when they didn’t have any to sell?

Handling it, eyeballing it, it’s nice, very nice. But I have this one, a GP Competition, and money’s tight and I had to ask myself “do you really need another one?” Maybe someday…

IMG_6358a.JPG

Edited by OMCHamlin

If my memory serves...origional msrp was at 699. I have talked to several(3) gun shops who said they had gotten some in. They were immediately sold at this price...supposedly.

Like Grayfox, I want one; but will wait for a more palatable price. 

I did pay full MSRP of $699 for mine. But at the time they were scarce as hen's teeth. Some folks were paying considerably more for the few that were out there. Some scalpers were getting as much as $1200. 😵

Springfield has been shipping to their stocking dealers first. Everybody else had to wait. 🙄

Here's mine. 😍

dniwHKH.jpg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I did pay full MSRP of $699 for mine. But at the time they were scarce as hen's teeth. Some folks were paying considerably more for the few that were out there. Some scalpers were getting as much as $1200. 😵

Springfield has been shipping to their stocking dealers first. Everybody else had to wait. 🙄

Here's mine. 😍

dniwHKH.jpg

Grayfox, where did you get those smooth wood grips?  They look nice.

6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Here's mine. 😍

dniwHKH.jpg

LOVE those grips!!

Those are some nice looking Hogue grips. Mine are an older set of Navidrex grips, maybe Coco Bolo, I forget, but they are sharply checkered. If I didn't have those on it, I would revert back to the old Pachmayrs that came on this version.

I wonder how either the Girsan or the Tisas compares to the Springfield? Any of you guys have one of them, too?

1 hour ago, OMCHamlin said:

I wonder how either the Girsan or the Tisas compares to the Springfield?

I'm curious about those as well. I'm thinking I might buy one just for S&G. But the only one I've seen was a Girsan at a gun show. Seemed to be pretty well made, but It was FDE color which I didn't like, so I passed. 🙄

Oh well, I've got 4 versions of the HP as it is. Don't really need any more. 😉

3zumKmL.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm curious about those as well. I'm thinking I might buy one just for S&G. But the only one I've seen was a Girsan at a gun show. Seemed to be pretty well made, but It was FDE color which I didn't like, so I passed. 🙄

Oh well, I've got 4 versions of the HP as it is. Don't really need any more. 😉

3zumKmL.jpg

“Need?” Please, good sir, do tell me about this word? It seems foreign to the subject of our discourse?

😆

1 hour ago, OMCHamlin said:

“Need?” Please, good sir, do tell me about this word? It seems foreign to the subject of our discourse?

😆

A valid point indeed. I passed "need" a very long time ago. However, "want" can be a powerful motivator. 😉

• Like 2
10 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

😆

IN the Lower Right corner...is that a "Detective"?

I confess to not having shot it as yet, but did pick up a Girsan in FDE finish. I think it's pretty well done for a copy. Parts fit seem good. Finish on it also is ok (but for the color, lol). FDE wasn't my first choice, but it was a seemingly good price...524. A bit more than I liked, but the fever was upon me.

Yes, I should have waited for the SA-35. I've even bought a few "extra" mags from Springfield just getting ready for the day.

Edited by hipower

You know one that might make me snag another High Power? Remember those scant handfuls of alloy framed ones? Who issued those? Israelis? French? One of those in really clean shape at an estate sale would push me over the edge.

Not that I'm in any great danger, mind you...

Had a few good examples of HPs over the years, but my unicorn was the Canadian HP with the Rifle stock that held the pistol. Not seen many of them, but the price and condition usually stopped me. Plus all the NFA BS.

So I've been happy with what I have now...a beautiful Tangent Sight El Capitan, and a pretty nice "Practical Tactical, are my "keepers" for now. One Belgian MKII is my shooter, It was the first one I ever bought. Had a BDM as well. It shot well. Never really understood some of the dislike for it.

OC...I'm wondering now about something you said. Cannot remember as I sit here, what it was called; but the alloy frame model...I'll have to check. But I think I still have one.

Edited by hipower
  • Haha 1

You think you “still have one”? But you’re not sure? 😮

I salute you. You have achieved “firearms saturation”!  I kinda always wanted to have more guns than I could remember I had… I have misplaced one or two, but not an alloy frame HP.

7 hours ago, hipower said:

IN the Lower Right corner...is that a "Detective"?

Yes Sir it is. FM Argentine Detective Model. I stumbled across this NIB locally a few years ago and jumped all over it. AFAIK FM was the only company to ever offer a regular factory version of the HP Detective model. The barrel and slide are approximately 1" shorter than the standard HP.  Its my personal favorite and if I were to carry a HP, this would be the one.  😍

• Like 1

Well, I was set to go back to Bill’s Outpost in Maryville and work a trade on a Girsan today or tomorrow. But the best made plans oft go awry. I won an auction on Harvey’s Auction site for a very nice pencil barrel S&W Model 10-7 yesterday afternoon. So I will be working on getting that instead. 

Woe is me. Please don’t throw me in that briar patch! 😁

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Moped said:

Well, I was set to go back to Bill’s Outpost in Maryville and work a trade on a Girsan today or tomorrow. But the best made plans oft go awry. I won an auction on Harvey’s Auction site for a very nice pencil barrel S&W Model 10-7 yesterday afternoon. So I will be working on getting that instead. 

Woe is me. Please don’t throw me in that briar patch! 😁

Life's mighty rough for you, Brer Rabbit...................🤣

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

You think you “still have one”? But you’re not sure? 😮

I salute you. You have achieved “firearms saturation”!  I kinda always wanted to have more guns than I could remember I had… I have misplaced one or two, but not an alloy frame HP.

Well...In my defense. I haven't done a complete and thorough inventory on pistols and ammo in about 4 years. In that time, I have gotten a few new homes, and added a few.

But I confess to not keeping good records like I once did. Really need to change that. Will make it easier on the wife when she needs info.

21 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Yes Sir it is. FM Argentine Detective Model. I stumbled across this NIB locally a few years ago and jumped all over it. AFAIK FM was the only company to ever offer a regular factory version of the HP Detective model. The barrel and slide are approximately 1" shorter than the standard HP.  Its my personal favorite and if I were to carry a HP, this would be the one.  😍

Pretty much the same way I found mine as well. Would like to have all the iterations of the HP family, but I just don't have a Master of Coin that allows it!

41 minutes ago, hipower said:

Well...In my defense. I haven't done a complete and thorough inventory on pistols and ammo in about 4 years. In that time, I have gotten a few new homes, and added a few.

But I confess to not keeping good records like I once did. Really need to change that. Will make it easier on the wife when she needs info.

Well, let's hope that's a good long time down the road!