McNally asked to resign...

Have y'all seen this tidbit..?  A Republican TN rep has had enough of McNally...

https://www.wsmv.com/2023/03/16/tennessee-lawmaker-calls-lt-gov-mcnally-resign-after-perverted-social-media-activity/

This could have a very definite effect on TN 2A politics.  McNally has long been in the pockets of the " Property Rights trump Self Defense" crowd...

This one will be interesting to watch.  As I remember, this McNally thing made Breitbart...

Watching ( n hopin ) leroy...

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

Rep. Todd Warner is dog poop as fare as the other House members are concerned...his relationship with the former Chief of Staff for ousted Speaker Casada puts him in a hole, so nobody else is going to glom on to that letter.

However, I think the present Lt. Gov.'s days are numbered from the scuttlebutt I am hearing.

Why Sexton is going on the radio to support him at this point is beyond me, except a friend standing up for a past relationship...

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

What? He’s an azzhole, but pretty open about it far as I can tell.

I haven't seen proof he's come out as gay. He's married to a woman and has two kids. He says he believes in traditional marriage. He spoke out against allowing gay couples to adopt kids. All the while hitting on and grooming young boys. 

If I missed something let me know. As far as I can tell he's still denying having those feelings. 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Worriedman said:

Rep. Todd Warner is dog poop as fare as the other House members are concerned...his relationship with the former Chief of Staff for ousted Speaker Casada puts him in a hole, so nobody else is going to glom on to that letter.

However, I think the present Lt. Gov.'s days are numbered from the scuttlebutt I am hearing.

Why Sexton is going on the radio to support him at this point is beyond me, except a friend standing up for a past relationship...

I think Warner was just trying to get in a couple jabs at McNally for the whole Casada ordeal lol. Everyone they interviewed this morning, Sexton being one of them, was basically saying Warner was on his own on this one. But they weren't necessarily pulling for Mcnally either. It was interesting.

I personally feel he's been sick and low energy for a while and the old boy needs to clippity clap off into the sunset.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I haven't seen proof he's come out as gay. He's married to a woman and has two kids. He says he believes in traditional marriage. He spoke out against allowing gay couples to adopt kids. All the while hitting on and grooming young boys. 

If I missed something let me know. As far as I can tell he's still denying having those feelings. 

I can't decide what " the real deal " is... I live in McNally's home district, n I've never heard of nor thought anything other than he wuz bought n paid for by the " Landed Gentry " republicans like Haslam. 

He may have just made an Huho; but in his business they can be fatal.  As I remember, McNally is 78, that's pretty ancient for any kind of flanderin of any flavor...

wondering leroy...

Edited by leroy
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, leroy said:

I can't decide what " the real deal " is... I live in McNally's home district, n I've never heard of thought anything other than he wuz bought n paid for by the " Landed Gentry " republicans like Haslam. 

He may have just made an Huho; but in his business they can be fatal.  As I remember, McNally is 78, that's pretty ancient for any kind of flanderin of any flavor...

wondering leroy...

Agreed. What I saw with his comments toward the gay young man were one of someone that should NOT be on social media. I have an elderly relative that refuses to put it down at 83. Ask me how many "friends" they have on Facef*ck that aren't even on this continent. But despite my disdain for them using it the rest of the family is for it so hey, let em be the next social media murder statistic.

• Like 2

Maybe this will clear up any confusion. Commenting on pictures where a young man is basically nude with ❤️ and 🔥 along with telling him "you can turn a rainy day into rainbows and sunshine"

Nah, definitely not gay...Just a confused old man I guess. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Ok. I’m with you now. I haven’t really kept up with this story. I simply don’t care for his governing style and would like to see him replaced. If a scandal is what gets it done, so be it.

• Like 2

Not only have Tennessee Republicans now become the laughingstock of the nation, the bottom line is this: Randy McNally is a predator,” Warner said in the statement.

Note the bold words. Republicans all over the country have gone nuts and Tennessee is leading the charge. Drag shows, LGBTQ, abortion and so on. You CAN NOT legislate morality! Its been tried for centuries and has NEVER worked. More often than not, it comes back to bite the butt of those trying to force their values on others. 

I may not agree with your lifestyle choices, but I fully support your right to choose for yourself. How a person chooses to live their life ain't nobody else's damned business! 🤬

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

I like how this thread was left alone. The one I posted about him and a couple of other's including "Old Joe" must have really offended one of the mods, cause he deleted it. Nice to see there aren't any favoritism when someone brings up the same subject.

• Dislike 1
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, DJTC45 said:

I like how this thread was left alone. The one I posted about him and a couple of other's including "Old Joe" must have really offended one of the mods, cause he deleted it. Nice to see there aren't any favoritism when someone brings up the same subject.

While my first instinct is to give you a temporary vacation from TGO until you get over this, I'm going to be nice and just give you one warning to let it drop.

The choice is yours.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

TGO David, I'm sorry for this but I feel what I posted was the truth. I'll keep outof the political threads cause I can see that opinions on subjects upset some. So If you feel that I need a vacation then so be it sir.

7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Not only have Tennessee Republicans now become the laughingstock of the nation, the bottom line is this: Randy McNally is a predator,” Warner said in the statement.

Note the bold words. Republicans all over the country have gone nuts and Tennessee is leading the charge. Drag shows, LGBTQ, abortion and so on. You CAN NOT legislate morality! Its been tried for centuries and has NEVER worked. More often than not, it comes back to bite the butt of those trying to force their values on others. 

I may not agree with your lifestyle choices, but I fully support your right to choose for yourself. How a person chooses to live their life ain't nobody else's damned business! 🤬

A bunch of people left Europe around 400 years ago and headed west over the  ocean because of government enforced morality.  They started a new nation with a constitution that was the envy of the entire planet.  The premise of that constitution was freedom. 

It’s a shame that morality is once again being legislated and dictated by the ignorant.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have no problem with the drag show legislation.  LGBTQ folks can do whatever they like with each other, but when they wear fake boobs and a bondage outfit and do a stripper-ish routine at the local zoo or library and bill it as a “family friendly” event for kids, that’s a problem.  

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I have no problem with the drag show legislation.  LGBTQ folks can do whatever they like with each other, but when they wear fake boobs and a bondage outfit and do a stripper-ish routine at the local zoo or library and bill it as a “family friendly” event for kids, that’s a problem.  

How often do queers and other of that ilk actually do that?  I get the concern, I don’t want it shoved down my throat or anyone else’s either.

I’m also tired of the perception that it’s some kind of daily moral crisis that the media makes it out to be.  Our state legislature plays right into the hands of that small fringe that are pushing such aberrant  behaviors.

It’s so obvious it’s ludicrous how absolutely stupid everyone in this society is.

• Like 5

I will fully support your right to hold whatever beliefs you may have. Whether they be religious, moral, ethical, political, sexual or whatever. If you tell me that you can't do something because it goes against your beliefs, I can respect that even if I don't agree with you.  But when you tell me that I can't do something because it goes against your beliefs, well then Bubba, we got us a problem. 🤨

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, deerslayer said:

If you don't want your kids to see that, don't take them. 

Claiming this legislation is for the children is oddly similar to the left claiming they want to ban weapons for the children. It's an attempt to make us all feel guilty if we don't agree. This had absolutely nothing to do with children.

If our state legislature really cared about kids there are a lot of other topics they could have focused their efforts on.  Your kids are likely in more danger from their local Priest/Pastor than anyone dressing up in drag. 

It's just sad that out of all the issues the legislature could be working on, this is what they chose. A solution to a non-existent problem. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Garufa said:

How often do queers and other of that ilk actually do that?  I get the concern, I don’t want it shoved down my throat or anyone else’s either.

I’m also tired of the perception that it’s some kind of daily moral crisis that the media makes it out to be.  Our state legislature plays right into the hands of that small fringe that are pushing such aberrant  behaviors.

It’s so obvious it’s ludicrous how absolutely stupid everyone in this society is.

I agree that it's a fairly recent phenomenon, but so is just about every new show including some LGBTQ material that is completely unrelated to the plot.  More kids' shows are including subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle sexual material, almost always geared toward LGBTQ.  Now every month some teacher is found teaching something completely inappropriate stuff to first graders.  Some justify all this being shoved down our throats as exposing our young to things that really happen and people who really exist in the name of tolerance, but there's more to it than that.  If they want to increase membership and breed more like-minded people, indoctrinating children is an obvious means.  

6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

But when you tell me that I can't do something because it goes against your beliefs, well then Bubba, we got us a problem. 🤨

Pedophiles would agree with you.