McNally asked to resign...

40 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

If you don't want your kids to see that, don't take them. 

I won't, but I don't think they are always highly publicized beforehand.  Years ago, a friend took his daughter to Disney World during gay week.  He had no idea it even existed and was horrified and asked for his money back, which he didn't get.  I guess you could simply argue he shouldn't have taken his daughter there. 

40 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Your kids are likely in more danger from their local Priest/Pastor than anyone dressing up in drag. 

My daughter is in no danger from a priest or pastor.  But bashing anything religion-oriented is another fashionable phenonenon nowadays that is also curiously promoted by the same people pushing LGBTQ.   

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 3

I’m not sure normalizing sexual deviancy is in our country’s best interest.

Having said that, is a drag show a common event around here. Maybe I don’t get out enough, but I don’t recall seeing one, or even one advertised.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

A couple of things to think about:

The intent of this thread was not to start a cat fight about who is who, what their pronouns are, nor to assess the morality of society in general.   The answer to the " morality of society in general " is obvious... It stinks.  Simple observation teaches that fact.

it was to point out the grievous error in judgement that McNally ( a politician ) made in this episode and to prognosticate on the political fallout.  These are two separate issues.  I'ma thinkin he may be done, regardless of his " pronouns n proclivities ".  His problem is self created.  He lives in a world where folks are watching for any error or excuse to remove or gain advantage over their opposition.  McNally has allowed a grievous one.  He is a " public figure ", and can be worn out by his enemies; political and otherwise, in the public court of opinion.

The second issue is one of " legislating morality "... As others have opened; it can't be done.  That said, every citizen of this state has to recognize that the " grooming n hitting on kids thing " is dead on arrival here in this state, and most everywhere else I know of.  It is the responsibility of parents to be " parents ".

It is the responsibility of those who interact with kids ( both teachers and other adults ) to keep their hands off them in any way that is " suggestive".   It's that simple.  " Hands off " means no drag shows open to kids, no books, no " alternate literature " in textbooks n school libraries ", no " show n tell ", etc; you get the picture. 

You ( and me, and " ...them ... priests, preachers, teachers, librarians,  neighbors, kinfolk, polititians, etc." ), as outsides, should keep your conduct non suggestive and pure. 

Failure to do so is dangerous to your career, your overall physical condition, and even your life here in Tennessee. 

The " libertarian " ideal doesn't apply to kids; it applies to adult citizens.  Children are put in the care of their families, they are not " freeborn citizens of the world ".   Failure to respect this truth can be very dangerous on lotsa levels in most every place I've ever been. 

There is no " libertarian utopia ", where you are free to do whatever you want, free of rules n boundaries.   Societies and gubts don't work that way.  

Finally, my apologies to Brother GrayFox; I couldn't get the quoted text box to go away in this post.

Leroy...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I’m not sure normalizing sexual deviancy is in our country’s best interest.

Having said that, is a drag show a common event around here. Maybe I don’t get out enough, but I don’t recall seeing one, or even one advertised.

Greg...

We are seeing it here in Knoxville in the hipster microbrewery scene.  Ya are seeing the microbrewery guys doin " special events " aimed at the " alternate " community.  These guys are the ultimate, hard working, quick thinking,  cynical, capitalists entrepreneurs; workin hard ta get every dollar available from every people group.  At least two that come to mind here are the Gypsy Circus cider guys, and the Yeehaw brewery guys.  I do business with both these guys.  Once in a " Blue Moon ", I have some hard cider.  I love and highly recommend Yeehaw 80, it's a great ale.  That said, I have been absent from the aforementioned " special events ".  

ale n cider drinking leroy...

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, leroy said:

Greg...

We are seeing it here in Knoxville in the hipster microbrewery scene.  Ya are seeing the microbrewery guys doin " special events " aimed at the " alternate " community.  These guys are the ultimate, hard working, quick thinking,  cynical, capitalists entrepreneurs; workin hard ta get every dollar available from every people group.  At least two that come to mind here are the Gypsy Circus cider guys, and the Yeehaw brewery guys.  I do business with both these guys.  Once in a " Blue Moon ", I have some hard cider.  I love and highly recommend Yeehaw 80, it's a great ale.  That said, I have been absent from the aforementioned " special events ".  

Like many things these days they are getting you use to it a little at a time so it appears normal. Just like having "persons in drag" come read your kiddie class a "children's book". ...uh huh 🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, leroy said:

Greg...

Microbreweries are (presumably) an adult venue and are private businesses.  So whatever.  However, holding such an event at a venue where children are always present, especially a taxpayer-funded location like a library, zoo, or museum, should be off limits.  We are being told that first graders can pick their sex and that the voting age needs to be lowered, but the same people argue that 18 year olds are not mentally developed enough to own guns or be held accountable for crimes.  Wonder why the duality?

Whatever the case, hopefully McNally's apparent downfall will help 2A causes in TN.  I'm not holding my breath, though.  

• Like 4

As long as it's illegal to murder the wicked there has to be a moral line in the sand drawn. The question is where and who's moral compass? In fact making murder illegal is a law based on morality. In some cultures, using kids for sexual gratification is acceptable. Do we stand and let those cultures practice that in this country because "you can't legislate morality"? Those who agree with a law will follow and those who disagree will break the law. It's always been that way. Laws are not always there to punish the one that broke the law but to protect them. A good man is capable of terrible things if left without any other options. As for myself, I don't want my kids around the priest or the perverted. I also don't want the priest or perverted making my laws.

• Like 3

Just to clarify my position. I will support your right to believe whatever you want. However, that does not mean that I approve of or condone your BS. 

For me its about individual freedom. The right to think, believe and feel for yourself without undue restrictions forced by laws based on other's beliefs. 

Edited by Grayfox54
2 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I agree that it's a fairly recent phenomenon, but so is just about every new show including some LGBTQ material that is completely unrelated to the plot.  More kids' shows are including subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle sexual material, almost always geared toward LGBTQ.  

And yet none of this is somehow going to be solved by more Government. 

• Like 2

Alleycat...

The " whose moral compass " question is a great one. 

One can make the case that laws are not " moral decisions " at all; but are rules that society agrees on via the vote ( here, at least for the time being ) and enforces via the law to keep guardrails on society. 

I happen to think that there are, indeed, " moral compasses " within all of us, whether we believe so or not.  Morality is a personal issue as I see it.  You decide to do or not to do certain things; therefore; morality cannot be imposed or demanded within an individual; it's kinda like being pregnant, you are or you ain't; there is no continuum of in between choices.  That is the reason for the " you can't legislate morality " speech. 

Morality is a personal choice.  America is unique in that different views are tolerated, but there is consensus via " representative Gubt " as to what the rules are and a fair bit of compliance ( up to now ) as to the majority of citizens agreeing with n following those rules.

The purpose of the law is to control behaviors within society, and to punish,remove, or eliminate those who do not comply ( in an ideal society ).  It is the framework of agreed to rules under which that society operates.  It keeps society orderly.

In our society, representatives of our society choose these rules ( laws ).  Within that number of " representatives" there are all kinds of folks... The whole spectrum of society.  There will be freaks, fruits, fairies, guttersnipes, priests, preachers, jhadists, and folks of good will in their number. 

They will agree on and make into laws the rules our society enforces.  Choose your " representatives" carefully, they are your voice.  That is exactly why this " McNally " thing is so hot a topic.

leroy... junior lecturer in morality and ethics.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, leroy said:

Greg...

The hipsters and microbrew types are just as reactionary…and capitalist as the puritans passing morality laws.  They’re going to make a buck because it’s just too easy and they will actually make a buck off their clientele’s emotions. 

The pendulum swings wider and wider.

• Like 3