Classifieds Complaint

I'm not demanding change, I'm only asking for some consideration. 

Other forums, past and present, an -I'll take it- not only puts you to the front of the line but also OBLIGATES the buyer to buy. 

Today is the third time I've been completely ignored. 

First -pm- or first -I'll take it- should compel the seller to sell to that would be buyer. 

Thank you.

• Like 2

I would agree that first " I'll Take It" should be a settled deal by both parties. However,  PM sent does not mean much to me. I send PM's quite often to Sellers just asking questions. I may put PM Sent just to make sure the Seller sees that I have sent him a message.

• Like 4
  • Administrator

There are too many factors involved in situations like this for us to make a one-size fits all policy to address it.  That is why we have buyer/seller feedback as a tool for people on TGO to use.

When you post that you are interested in an item, it's normal to expect the seller to at least respond to you - but the fact is that they are under no obligation to do so, and your act of expressing interest in the item does not constitute some sort of contract with them to sell to you.  There are plenty of good reasons why either party in a potential transaction might want to back away from the deal, including the right to exercise their personal discretion / gut-instinct if they feel that some part of the transaction is suspicious.

I do find it somewhat strange that three different sellers have done this to you, so I would like to know more.  Use the feature to report the threads in question so that we can look into it.

• Like 7
21 minutes ago, TGO David said:

There are too many factors involved in situations like this for us to make a one-size fits all policy to address it.  That is why we have buyer/seller feedback as a tool for people on TGO to use.

When you post that you are interested in an item, it's normal to expect the seller to at least respond to you - but the fact is that they are under no obligation to do so, and your act of expressing interest in the item does not constitute some sort of contract with them to sell to you.  There are plenty of good reasons why either party in a potential transaction might want to back away from the deal, including the right to exercise their personal discretion / gut-instinct if they feel that some part of the transaction is suspicious.

I do find it somewhat strange that three different sellers have done this to you, so I would like to know more.  Use the feature to report the threads in question so that we can look into it.

I used the report on today's sale.

Here's another- 

14 minutes ago, LSMurphy said:

I used the report on today's sale.

Here's another- 

Yeah, an "I'll take it" with a delay condition is not an I'll take it. 

It's "I'll take it" and most convenient that gets it. A weeks delay is a sellers discretion to agree to or not. The seller has the right to accept what is most convenient for him. An "I'll take it" does not give the buyer the ability to dictate the terms after the fact.

• Like 12
22 minutes ago, Smith said:

Yeah, an "I'll take it" with a delay condition is not an I'll take it. 

It's "I'll take it" and most convenient that gets it. A weeks delay is a sellers discretion to agree to or not. The seller has the right to accept what is most convenient for him. An "I'll take it" does not give the buyer the ability to dictate the terms after the fact.

He would have had his money in two days. 

Since you are in Nashville, you cannot appreciate that 95% of offerings are in western TN, very little is offered in E TN. 

And you guys refuse to ship. 

How about spreading the love a little? 

Instant gratification is not a positive character attribute. 

6 minutes ago, LSMurphy said:

He would have had his money in two days. 

Since you are in Nashville, you cannot appreciate that 95% of offerings are in western TN, very little is offered in E TN. 

And you guys refuse to ship. 

How about spreading the love a little? 

Instant gratification is not a positive character attribute. 

I can appreciate it. Tennessee is a very long state. Happens to all of us. True, some more than others but I've had this happen to me quite a bit. I just understand, if things are in the Memphis area, Chattanooga, or Knoxville areas I'll probably miss out. I can offer but I understand the reality. 

And rarely, if ever will I ship. Just not worth the hassle and risk most if the time.

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, Smith said:

if things are in the Memphis area, Chattanooga, or Knoxville areas I'll probably miss out. I can offer but I understand the reality. 

There is a few things in Memphis right now I want, Jacksonville as well, just to far to drive. Knoxville is another story, I have family there so 2 birds in one trip.

• Like 1

Also consider that you only have 21 posts. Many folks here strongly prefer to do business with long standing and established members who they know. We had a thread about such things just recently. 

It simply boils down to their gun, their choice. 

• Like 9
16 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

consider that you only have 21 posts.

Interesting. 

I have 38K posts at the AKFiles, if you add back in all the deleted threads/posts.....well over 50K. 

Guess that makes me a Super Citizen Poster over there but not here. 

Seller sets the conditions for the F2F, I'd meet in the local PD parking lot if necessary. 

There are plenty of guns to go round and I've bought my share.......ain't begging anyone here for anything.

I've also sold my share....traded my share, and I couldn't give a rat's --- who bought it as long as they were legal. 

You aren't inspiring confidence in your club.....but you're absolutely correct, it's yours. 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, LSMurphy said:

Interesting. 

I have 38K posts at the AKFiles, if you add back in all the deleted threads/posts.....well over 50K. 

Guess that makes me a Super Citizen Poster over there but not here. 

Seller sets the conditions for the F2F, I'd meet in the local PD parking lot if necessary. 

There are plenty of guns to go round and I've bought my share.......ain't begging anyone here for anything.

I've also sold my share....traded my share, and I couldn't give a rat's --- who bought it as long as they were legal. 

You aren't inspiring confidence in your club.....but you're absolutely correct, it's yours. 

How the heck is anyone supposed to know your post count on AKfiles and reputation to make transactions on TGO. 

This a regional/state forum. Nothing like a big city guy coming to a small town to declare his importance. Tends to rub the small town guys the wrong way no matter how big the city was. You gotta earn your reputation where you're at not, where your from. 

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, Smith said:

declare his importance

Grayfox already declared my unimportance. I'm a small town guy. I'm a family man and a small business owner, I just posted my phone number, call me, you'll find me reasonable and pleasant. 

Surely you know the story of Adam and Eve, the tree of knowledge and the serpent?

Was the serpent male or female?

No, you can't google the answer, the answer comes straight from the text and it's screaming at you, but you cannot see it. 

And yes it matters, the process to get to the answer is what changes everything. 

What's my point? That's what I'm interested in. I'm interested in seeking the answers to questions 99% of the people don't even know to ask. 

I'm interested in politics, war, sociology, evil, the Text, the Cabal, all the things no one will allow me to discuss here in the Small Town. 

You don't want to get to know me...just the illusion of it. 

• Confused 1

This post has gotten weirder by the minute. @LSMurphy Yessir you did complain, thus far you've done nothing but complain. Perhaps instead of complaining about why this group does things a bit differently from other groups that you came from, you could sit back and observe a bit to see why it works as well as it does. I couldn’t even begin to count the number of successful buy and sell linkups I’ve had with members of this group over the years and have never experienced any of the issues that have compiled upon you in your short time here….which I think clearly suggests, along with your argumentative nature in this thread, that you may not be as successful a communicator as you perceive yourself to be. I don’t want to discourage you, but without a course correction on your part, I think you’ll find it harder doing business here.

Hey LS, maybe it's time to take a deep breath and make a fresh start. I'm still a newbie as compared to most of these guys, but those I've dealt with have been honest and helpful. This isn't a "club", it's a forum of folks who share a common interest. There are a lot of divergent ideas about politics and religion, so we try to keep the conversation on firearms related topics. 

It's really easy to have miscommunication when dealing with terse written responses, and my guess is that you'd probably find that you like and have much in common with most of us. 

Good luck.

10 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

But you're making yourself known now. 

I could come here, like everyone else, create 3K BS posts about plastic strikers and Fudds, get me a dozen atta-boy thumbs up on your social credit score card......and you think you'll know me?

You spend 5 minutes chatting up some dude in a parking lot and you'll determine if others should do business with him? Then you'll go on to post GLWS posts ad nauseum?

Since Sept I've sold/traded over 50 rifles and handguns, I've acquired 40 handguns to my new collection. I've had several transactions from this forum which led to referrals to other people with whom I've sold and traded. That well has be tapped out, I could mention screen names but for what purpose, you don't know these people either. 

When was the last time you walked into a store and the clerk refused you a sale because -we don't know you here-? Well, how else do you get to know people?

My Adam and Eve bit was to prove one point, you dont' know me, you'll never know me, just as you don't 'know' anyone here, it's all a facade. The least you could do is treat everyone fairly, first come, first served. But you won't, you can't, your clique won't allow it, it is the TN way. 

FWIW, I've come here daily, read some general BS that I might find mildly amusing, and I scour the sale forum at least four times per day, waiting for a local sale of interest. It's a deep sea and there are other fish. 

GLWS. 

• Administrator

Look ...  I honestly don't see much hope for a positive outcome here.  Your expectations are unrealistic and the origin of your complaint seems to be a sense of entitlement. 

I'll be glad to refund your Benefactor status, delete any sale ads that you may have posted, and wish you a happy life somewhere else if you agree that there isn't much chance in TGO satisfying you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

origin of your complaint seems to be a sense of entitlement

Now that's funny. 

A culture of treating everyone fairly is now relegated to the heap of woke entitlement? 

I don't need you to refund me a few dollars. 

Go look and see how many abandoned sale threads you have whereas someone months later is still wanting to buy a gun that was offered and the seller is AWOL. 

No one is policing your classifieds. You can learn from what I pointed out or you can let it fester, it's up to you

I already walked out the door before I posted this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

From what I've seen of your past posts, you never came here to be a part of our community. You came to use the Classifieds to conduct business. You rarely posted anywhere else. 

6 minutes ago, LSMurphy said:

A culture of treating everyone fairly is now relegated to the heap of woke entitlement?

Rule 1: Life ain't fair. Deal with it. 

BYE.  

• Like 5