OEM Mag wheels Jeep Wrangler JK Memphis

• Moderators

⚠️ Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers ⚠️

This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO.

• Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with.   Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete.  Your experience will help others.

• Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun!  None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction.  They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns.  DON'T DO IT.

• Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO.  Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye.

The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link.  Everyone should read them at least once!

~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~

23 hours ago, Patton said:

It’s a shame to scrap them, but if you don’t get any takers they will scrap for about $15-20 each.

Scrap aluminum gotten that high? Back when I was into auto parts, I was giving 5-8 for wheels and getting an average of 10 each. But that's been a few years back.

MphsTiger...have you tried selling to used wheel and tire stores? Maybe worth a call.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, hipower said:

Scrap aluminum gotten that high? Back when I was into auto parts, I was giving 5-8 for wheels and getting an average of 10 each. But that's been a few years back.

MphsTiger...have you tried selling to used wheel and tire stores? Maybe worth a call.

I haven’t tried the used wheel and tire store. I need to do that. Many thanks for the idea.

6 hours ago, MphsTiger1981 said:

I haven’t tried the used wheel and tire store. I need to do that. Many thanks for the idea.

Hope it gets some positive results for you. As I said earlier, scraping the wheels at a recycling center is a way to go; but not knowing current pricing...it could be a bust.

Check for a recycling center and call for current prices on aluminium. There were "grades" when I was doing it. Building materials, some aluminum wiring, radiator cores, and 2 grades on wheels. Sorry I dont remember more, but my heyday in selling damaged wheels was 15 years ago. I did make a few dollars at it, but could be time consuming. Wheels had to be clean. No wheel weights nor excessive dirt and especially no mounted tires.

If I remember correctly, around 30 cents per pound back then. I think I got 40 when there was a "shortage." Aluminium has been a very much demanded product for reuse at different times. I just happened to be in a position then to take advantage of it.

Good luck with it.

• Like 1