Next Glock?

Rainsford

Since getting my Glock 43 and 45 I’ve gotten pretty hooked. Joined GSSF and competed this last quarter and won a free pistol certificate in a drawing.

If you had a 43 and 45 like me, and wanted to stay in 9mm, what would you get next? Sort of leaning MOS.

I’m weird.  I’d get a second of your favorite of those two. range pistol, shoot a lot,  rarely clean.   One is none, two is one, shoot one format….   got small stack of utility pistols I don’t shoot,  always go back to 26/27. 

congrats on free pistol. 

• Like 1

I purchased a Mdl 19 Gen 5 and have never shot it. Had a good military discount and only paid 450.00 for it. I think they call it the Blue Discount, but I was able to get it because I am a Veteran. 

I favor the S W M P's over Glocks.  I had a 19 Gen 3 and gave it to a granddaughter a few years back. The grip on the 5 fits my hand better but I have never really favored the Glocks.  

My opinion, a Mdl 17 or 19 if you plan to conceal carry. The 19 goes nicely IWB holster. 

I would go either 19 or the 17 with leaning more towards the 19. I really enjoyed mine for the size when I had it but sold it to get a 45. I could be wrong but I found having the slide milled let the optic sit lower than getting an MOS version. Holosun does make an MOS specific optic which does alleviate that problem.

Not sure if you have the regular 43 or the 43x but if you only have the regular 43 then I would recommend the 43x or 48. They are slightly smaller than the 19 and with the shield mags they can run 15+1 rounds.

• Like 1

I started with a 19. Got a 48. Sold the 19 then picked a 19X. That sent me to a 17G5. Sold the 19G4 picked up a M&P Metal with a Trijicon RMR. Picked up a 19G5. Just this past Saturday got a Shadow Systems War Poet.

In your case (and mine) a 19 is just right.

• Like 1
On 3/27/2023 at 2:37 AM, Light_F_T said:

G19 MOS or a 48 would be my choice.  

What’s funny is I’m actually not crazy about how the 19 fits in my hand. Even though for some reason the 43X and the 48 feel fine. I know it doesn’t really make much sense, but especially since I don’t care about concealing (because I have my 43), I’m leaning towards a full size grip.

• Like 2

Here's something to think about : Glock is releasing the 25 and 28 next month. They have not been available to citizens here in the US since they came out in the 90's. How about trying a 380 that we know will work and not have "growing pains"  and "bugs" like the newer 380's out there ? The 25 and 28 have been functioning fine for over 25 years and have all the bugs worked outta them.  yes the 380 cartridge is small and weaker but it would be neat to have one and see how Glock made them into a blow-back type design. 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, tercel89 said:

Here's something to think about : Glock is releasing the 25 and 28 next month. They have not been available to citizens here in the US since they came out in the 90's. How about trying a 380 that we know will work and not have "growing pains"  and "bugs" like the newer 380's out there ? The 25 and 28 have been functioning fine for over 25 years and have all the bugs worked outta them.  yes the 380 cartridge is small and weaker but it would be neat to have one and see how Glock made them into a blow-back type design. 

These are 19 and 26 size guns but with a weaker cartridge that is more expensive to shoot? Perhaps I am missing something but curious what the value of these would be outside of a lower recoil?

15 minutes ago, FrankD said:

These are 19 and 26 size guns but with a weaker cartridge that is more expensive to shoot? Perhaps I am missing something but curious what the value of these would be outside of a lower recoil?

For me it would be a pistol I always wanted but couldn't have. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FrankD said:

Aside from the "want" factor; I think these might be an option for people like my wife. Those with small or weak hands and wrist issues. I've tried several revolvers and now on semi-autos as a best choice for her. Long trigger pulls and weight are also issues this Glock could avoid.

I'd have it loaded and charged, safety off, if it had one. This way it's action ready. 

As I tell her, this would be, once again...my opinion, good for her. If and when it's necessary, pick it and ready to go. Finger off the trigger( and she does that well) until it's mandated you have to shoot. I tell her fire until 1 situation is over, and/or 2 until the gun is empty. I also have placed lasers on all that I've gotten for her. Just watch the dot and pull.

As usual, these are just my opinions.

Edited by hipower
On 3/28/2023 at 1:29 PM, 62caster said:

What’s funny is I’m actually not crazy about how the 19 fits in my hand. Even though for some reason the 43X and the 48 feel fine. I know it doesn’t really make much sense, but especially since I don’t care about concealing (because I have my 43), I’m leaning towards a full size grip.

I am the same way with the 19, it doesn't fit my hand well, the gen5 pinches my hand somehow in between the mag and the grip. I have no problem with the 43x though.

I’ll throw in the Glock 20. I know the question said “…if I was like you and wanted to stick with 9mm…”, but I don’t want to stick to 9mm. I’m a little guy and I can still pack around a G20, large as it is, and there’s a heck of a lot of power in 15+1 of 10mm. 

• Like 2