school shooting in Nashville at the Covenant School

FUJIMO

The Chief said she left a manifesto. 

Edited to add; will be releasing camera footage, from entry team, later. They also have church camera system. Don't know if they will release that footage or not. 

Edited by pop pop

The school was definitely targeted. Hopefully we learn why. Please don’t listen to the National media. The school kept all the doors locked. They did as much as they could to keep the kids safe. They went into lockdown with in minutes of the first shots fired. The shooter shot her way into the school. 

Again, Kudos to the LEOs for charging in and neutralizing the threat. 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

A church school. a female shooter, two "assault type" rifles and a handgun. The MSM  and the politicians are gonna turn this into a complete circus. 🤬

They never let a tragedy go to waste.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

The MNPD Chief said the guns were obtained legally in TN. Even know we all believe that the shooter was more than likely mentally ill to carry out this tragedy, but if no one says or tells no one ever learns until it's to late. I'm not saying "Red Flag Law" is just, but something needs done, you will never keep a sain person or a mentally I'll person from carrying out these terrible moments if their minds are made up to go through with it. If your not in the system when they run the background your going to get approved 9 out of 10 times. It's a double edge sword, either were damned if we do and damned if we don't. These events just drive the wedge deeper in a person's rights to possess and legally own firearms. We're headed down a path of no return as a Nation and it's sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their family, it's bad enough when adults are involved in this type of tragedy but kids are another level when it comes to this. GOD BLESS THEM AND PROVIDE A PLACE IN HEAVEN THAT THEY CAN CONTINUE TO BE KIDS. 😪 🙏!.

Edited by DJTC45
  • Like 1

This “girl” was anything but mentally ill.  She was blinded by hate and acted on it because well, there are people out there including many of our politicians and news media who will until their dying breath tell her and those like her that she was the victim.  

The same goes for the extremists on the other side.  It’s here to stay.  Buckle up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
5 hours ago, MacGyver said:

My wife works less than a mile from there. Truly horrific situation.

MNPD engaged quickly.

My kids went to Woodmont for Preschool (where they evaced students) and my daughter went to a school on Hobbs Rd (Hobbs was closed by the police during this).  My wife works in a Metro Nashville elementary school.

Pretty damn close to home.

1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

The school was definitely targeted. Hopefully we learn why. Please don’t listen to the National media. The school kept all the doors locked. They did as much as they could to keep the kids safe. They went into lockdown with in minutes of the first shots fired. The shooter shot her way into the school. 

Again, Kudos to the LEOs for charging in and neutralizing the threat. 

Give your wife a big hug. She’s gonna need a bunch of em.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
1 hour ago, Hozzie said:

This “girl” was anything but mentally ill.  She was blinded by hate and acted on it because well, there are people out there including many of our politicians and news media who will until their dying breath tell her and those like her that she was the victim.  

The same goes for the extremists on the other side.  It’s here to stay.  Buckle up. 

Did you know this person personally?

Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Like 2

She was female. She was a student at the school in one of the early graduating classes. She was female when in elementary school and I assume born (genetically) female. This would have been 15 years ago, before all this transgender stuff became mainstream. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

"Any history of mental illness?" "No"

Well....

prayers for the victims and their families

Edited by OMCHamlin

From reports, girl thinking she was a boy. Used a Keltec Sub2000, Grunt AR, and m&p Shield EZ. She shoot through a glass door to get in. Then fired from a second story window at arriving cops.

So glad the MNPD pushed through the fire, to stop her. Uvalde should be humiliated and ashamed.

Edited by Smith
  • Like 8