school shooting in Nashville at the Covenant School

FUJIMO

That was really, really hard to watch. I know that building like the back of my hand. I fear the “one down” was our fabulous headmaster.  

When they reached the top of the stairs, if they had turned left instead of right, they would have been at the school office.

I am so thankful that the training and policies of the school kept the students ( as best as possible) out of harms way did not provide her with more targets. And I am so thankful for the rapid and fearless response by the LEOs. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 11

Metro Police Got it right. Kudos Glad the Chief is so open with posting body cams about these matters. The way it should be, IMO. No guessing about this. SAD SAD SAD Prayers for all

Edited to add; Could you do this with your chosen carry, if forced too? Hope and pray I never am faced with it. No mouse guns for me. Something to think seriously about. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Moderators
53 minutes ago, TGO David said:

This news posting has the full body-cam footage from the entry team.  DAMN.

BODY CAM VIDEO: Moment Nashville Police encounter elementary school mass shooter | WZTV (fox17.com)

Officer Englebert did WORK on this day.  Out ####ing standing!!

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

This needs to be shown nonstop on all news media and remove the sensitive warning.  It is time these pieces of #### are shown being taken out.  Great job to those officers.  Prayers for them as they deal with the emotions I can't begin to imagine what they are dealing with.

Edited by TripleGGG
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
30 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

That was really, really hard to watch. I know that building like the back of my hand. I fear the “one down” was our fabulous headmaster.  

When they reached the top of the stairs, if they had turned left instead of right, they would have been at the school office.

I am so thankful that the training and policies of the school kept the students ( as best as possible) out of harms way did not provide her with more targets. And I am so thankful for the rapid and fearless response by the LEOs. 

I don’t find myself able to cheerlead these videos. Regardless of how much I respect, and am grateful that the officers depicted were able to perform their job in the manner in which it needed to be done to minimize loss of life. I can’t get past the sadness of knowing, what transpired before they were able to arrive. I cannot even begin to fathom the emotions you are experiencing being directly connected to it. 

I’m praying for you and all of the families directly affected by this.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I know I will face my own judgement one day, but I selfishly hope that monster saw a vision of God, shaking his head with a look of disappointment as they faded to black.

Kudos to Officer Engelbert for doing what had to be done with such skill and precision. We lost 6 people to crazy, but because of their actions, a whole lot more got to go home.

• Like 8
20 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Yeah I'm not sure Luckyforward has anything to apologize for. Claiming our politicians care about kids is a huge stretch. 

I hate what happened here today and I'm thankful for the quick response by law enforcement. 

Some politicians do, they take a lot of heat for it as well.

Being somewhat close to a number that do, I can promise there are far more who use every instance to fundraise.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

The manifesto doesn't matter.

As reasonable people we're drawn to looking for a reason for something - but sometimes there just isn't one.  A mentor told me a long time ago when working a case involving children that, "you're trying to make logical sense of something that can't be understood."  The reason it happened was this person was terribly broken.

Should it be studied by people who might look for warning signs in other cases?  Sure, I guess. Even that probably won't do much good. It's not like any legislature is going to give them the tools to do something about it.

This girl did contact a former middle school teammate and tell her she was going to do something terrible and that she was going to die. She received the message at a few minutes before 10:00  The girl made contact with 911 at 10:13.  The first call from campus happened at 10:14.

That's a good assessment. Says more than I could cover.

I guess I got caught up in looking for answers as well.

As you say...broken. Terribly so.

Must be to do this. My wife and I were talking about it last evening. Her take is just pure evil got into this young woman and took over. She thinks a Devine intervention is the only hope for this country now.

I will not argue that thought.

She may be right. I do know it's coming...just not when.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Worriedman said:

Some politicians do, they take a lot of heat for it as well.

Being somewhat close to a number that do, I can promise there are far more who use every instance to fundraise.

True and still others let no tragedy go to waste before they start sending mass emails blaming Governor Lee for impacting school safety.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team
13 minutes ago, hipower said:

That's a good assessment. Says more than I could cover.

I guess I got caught up in looking for answers as well.

As you say...broken. Terribly so.

Must be to do this. My wife and I were talking about it last evening. Her take is just pure evil got into this young woman and took over. She thinks a Devine intervention is the only hope for this country now.

I will not argue that thought.

She may be right. I do know it's coming...just not when.

We live in a terribly fallen world.

Events like yesterday are worst nightmares realized.

When I look at the arc of scripture from Genesis to Revelation - I know that we're closer to the end than we are the beginning. That Jesus broke the curse of the garden - and has put the end game in motion.

It cannot come soon enough.

I appreciate that we do not mourn without hope. 

Because it sure feels awfully heavy right now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
4 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

We live in a terribly fallen world.

Events like yesterday are worst nightmares realized.

When I look at the arc of scripture from Genesis to Revelation - I know that we're closer to the end than we are the beginning. That Jesus broke the curse of the garden - and has put the end game in motion.

But it cannot come soon enough.

I appreciate that we do not mourn without hope. 

It sure feels awfully heavy right now.

I couldn't possibly agree with you more, especially that we should not abandon hope, even in this time of grief. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I’d argue that anyone who pretends to be a different gender from what they are points to mental illness.

OK. I guess I will throw my 2 cents at the wall and see what sticks. I have read several posts where folks are trying to decide if the shooter was mentally ill. A sane person would never do what she did. Thing is being mentally ill or crazy does not mean they are stupid but could be very smart and know exactly what they are doing. (Example) The shooter in Colorado that opened fire in that movie theater on opening night of that Batman Movie. There are 6 theaters in that town and all of them where showing the same movie that night. 5 of them were not gun free zones and 1 was. The one gun free zone was the one he chose because he was very afraid of being shot. He also was dressed from head to toe in Body Armor because he was afraid of being shot. When the police arrived he was standing in front of his car with his hands in the air still in full body armor for fear the police might shoot him. He also informed the police that his apartment was wired with explosives and how to disarm them. He was declared to be mentally unstable (crazy) but very intelligent also. If they would open back up Mental hospitals and take all the people they think are a possible mass shooter off the street, they would not get 20% of the people that will become one at some point because they are not stupid. Had there been 1 Sheepdog in that theater that night and began hitting that guys body armor with hot lead he would have broke and ran because he had such a fear of being shot. What would be a big help is people in general. If they see or hear something say something. That shooter lived with her parents and her mother told police that she didn't even know her daughter had any guns. Her father knew she had them and there can't be much doubt he knew she was unstable and did and said nothing......JMO 

I have said Prayers for everyone involved from the children to the Police officers and will continue to. I want to commend the police officers that ended the shooting very quickly and professionally. 

• Like 1

I know the mother of one of the kids killed.  Not well, but I know her.  I can't even begin to think of how the life for her and her family life is irrevocably changed.  It's just an ineffable amount of sorrow that I hope time can heal.

Some can berate the Trans community by thinking the shooter was representative of their ilk, but that's as shortsighted as those who would lump all gun owners into a mischaracterization so wide and far.  You don't have to accept or appreciate their lifestyle to acknowledge yesterday was an evil act needing no further characterization.

Those officers showed what speed in a situation like this can do.  A lone shooter is a threat that can be neutralized quickly enough by a few men ready to be brave when the moment calls.  I'm thankful the rest of the kids and staff at that school had responders who were found to measure up to all we could have asked while answering that call.

This spreads a lot wider than that one school.  I can't begin to imagine how many kids and parents had an emotional day as the perception of normal was shattered for a great many across the area.

May we never have a day like yesterday again.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Thank you to those who have sent prayers and or reached out to give support. It really has been a f-ed up 32 hours.  I’m still have a hard time wrapping my head around the entire thing.

After Uvalde, my wife said “you know, if I’m killed, it will probably be with an AR because I work at a school”. At the time, on one hand I acknowledged the validity of her statement while at the same time dismissing it because what were the real chances of that happening at TCS.  I did honor her request to remove AR type rifles from my collection. She just was not comfortable with them in the house. 

Now, almost exactly what she said happened. I truly believe she would have been right there with Dr. Koonce, trying to protect the children and would be dead today if she had not been out of town. 

It’s a total mind f-ck. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, pop pop said:

Metro Police Got it right. Kudos Glad the Chief is so open with posting body cams about these matters. The way it should be, IMO. No guessing about this. SAD SAD SAD Prayers for all

Edited to add; Could you do this with your chosen carry, if forced too? Hope and pray I never am faced with it. No mouse guns for me. Something to think seriously about. 

In my opinion the days of carrying sub-compacts and pocket pistols are past. At one time you could likely get by with these smaller firearms, because you were most likely to encounter a single bad guy (or girl in this situation) at very close quarters. Now I won't carry anything but a full size 9mm minimum.   

I'm on our church security team and I've been trying to figure out how to carry a AR without freaking some of the members out.

• Like 2

I was just watching the CBS Evening News. When talking about the shooting, they made a point of mentioning the guns referring to them as assault weapons. Then they did a very bias segment on banning assault weapons. Guns now kill more kids than cars. Guns are the #1 cause of children's deaths. Etc and so forth.  Biden was shown saying that the 1994 ban significantly  lowered gun deaths. 

Wait a minute. Yeah, the girl had an AR. But video shows her using the Kel-Tech. Since when did the Sub-2000 become an assault weapon? 

As for Biden's remarks, as I recall when the 94 ban was running out the FBI's own report said it made no difference at all. 

Hang on to yer butts, Folks. They're fixing to start another hard push. 🤬

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I was just watching the CBS Evening News. When talking about the shooting, they made a point of mentioning the guns referring to them as assault weapons. Then they did a very bias segment on banning assault weapons. Guns now kill more kids than cars. Guns are the #1 cause of children's deaths. Etc and so forth.  Biden was shown saying that the 1994 ban significantly  lowered gun deaths. 

Wait a minute. Yeah, the girl had an AR. But video shows her using the Kel-Tech. Since when did the Sub-2000 become an assault weapon? 

As for Biden's remarks, as I recall when the 94 ban was running out the FBI's own report said it made no difference at all. 

Hang on to yer butts, Folks. They're fixing to start another hard push. 🤬

Fox, I have learned if it is black and longer then a pistol to the news and politicians it's a assault weapon! The only long gun I own right now is model 60 Marlin 22lr with a scope. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, m16ty said:

I'm on our church security team and I've been trying to figure out how to carry a AR without freaking some of the y members out.

It's possible to build or buy one that will fold down and fit into a tactical backpack (Vertx, Eberlestock, Tactical Tailor, etc.) but you're going to have to keep it on you at all times otherwise it becomes a secondary weapon and one that you'll have use precious time to retrieve from lock-down.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, m16ty said:

In my opinion the days of carrying sub-compacts and pocket pistols are past. At one time you could likely get by with these smaller firearms, because you were most likely to encounter a single bad guy (or girl in this situation) at very close quarters. Now I won't carry anything but a full size 9mm minimum.   

I'm on our church security team and I've been trying to figure out how to carry a AR without freaking some of the members out.

You need an HK mp5k. It'll fit under your jacket. People will know you have it, but It'll be out of sight out of mind. It will not be comfortable and it will not defeat body armor, but getting shot in body armor will change most people's minds. 

• Like 2