school shooting in Nashville at the Covenant School

FUJIMO

Back to the school shooting; TBI Director David Rausch stated:  "the review so far of the material finds that the killer did not write about specific political, religious or social issues. In fact, a primary focus in the journals is on idolizing those who committed prior school shootings."

Story: https://www.newschannel5.com/news/tbi-director-shares-new-details-on-the-covenant-school-shooters-manifesto

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Luckyforward said:

Back to the school shooting; TBI Director David Rausch stated:  "the review so far of the material finds that the killer did not write about specific political, religious or social issues. In fact, a primary focus in the journals is on idolizing those who committed prior school shootings."

Story: https://www.newschannel5.com/news/tbi-director-shares-new-details-on-the-covenant-school-shooters-manifesto

Hate to say it, but until I could read it with my own eyes, I don't believe anything anyone says about it.  

• Like 2

So this 28 year old gal-boy has stumped some of the most brilliant minds in law enforcement. Maybe if they would release her ramblings she wrote to the American people someone might be able to see something that the brilliant minds cannot and put some logic to her ramblings.  There is a chance that the smart people might be using technical logic that is hiding what they are looking for.....JMHO

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
On 4/7/2023 at 3:13 PM, FUJIMO said:

The VP is coming in next week to visit Pearson and Jones. If you needed an indicator of how big this has blown up in 24 hours .

If she had just stayed in town after visiting the families of The Covenant School, she wouldn't have to come back so quickly.

Oh... wait.

jimmy fallon wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Worth the time to read from Jonathan Turley on Instapundit:

APRIL 10, 2023

JONATHAN TURLEY: Democrats Go Nuts in Nashville. “This month, there was an ‘assault on democracy’ in Tennessee. It was not three members halting the legislative process, but rather their expulsion. It appears that nothing says democracy like a bullhorn and obstructing legislative work.”

Plus: “The full-throated support for the actions of the expelled legislators is a bizarre position for the Senate president who enforces the same rules in Washington, DC. Yet she was disgusted by sanctioning members who refused to allow their colleagues to continue legislative business because they lacked the votes for a gun control measure. Harris proclaimed ‘it’s about whose voices they were channeling.’ . . . These legislators were upset because they are in the minority and lack sufficient votes to get what they want. They were protesting the democratic process, not advancing its principles in shutting down the floor.”

It’s always “democracy” if you’re channeling the voices of Democratic activists; it’s alway “insurrection” if you’re taking the other side.

A great, on target assessment I'ma thinkin.

leroy.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Honestly, I wish they had been smarter than to boot them entirely. Remove them from session, perhaps a warning of some type. Continued disruptive behavior can result in removal, blah blah blah. But booting them makes martyrs.

This is playing right into their hands. I'm also fully convinced that this is the best outcome for liberals as they would LOVE to flip this state.

Personally, and this is conspiracy on my part, but i think they're making liberal states/cities miserable enough to get people to move out and disperse into red states.

Booting out elected officials is a perfect way to get liberal minded folks wound up and voting blue again.

• Like 1

Word around the internet is that Jones will definitely be reappointed to his old seat and that Pearson is likely to be as well. 

I did hear back from my Shelby County Commissioner, Mick Wright. It was your basic good to hear from constituents, thanks for the input, yadda, yadda, yadda  response without any real answer. ☹️

IDK if Memphis and Nashville should be picking a fight with the State Legislature over this. Lots of serious money is at stake. We shall see. Could get real interesting. 🙄

BTW: maybe these democrats should rethink their whole  “assault on democracy” cry. The U.S. isn't a democracy. We are a Representative Republic. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Honestly, I wish they had been smarter than to boot them entirely. Remove them from session, perhaps a warning of some type. Continued disruptive behavior can result in removal, blah blah blah. But booting them makes martyrs.

This is playing right into their hands. I'm also fully convinced that this is the best outcome for liberals as they would LOVE to flip this state.

Personally, and this is conspiracy on my part, but i think they're making liberal states/cities miserable enough to get people to move out and disperse into red states.

Booting out elected officials is a perfect way to get liberal minded folks wound up and voting blue again.

If Georgia can be flipped, Tennessee can be flipped if the younger people choose to do so.  It may take a few election cycles, but it can be done. There are some too comfortable that this can’t be achieved. 

Edited by Links2k
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Administrator

So, absolutely all other things aside and without making nor implying anything "racial" about this issue... 

I watched Justin Jones address the legislature in defense of himself live on the Tennessee government's live-stream last week and really want to know:  Does anyone really take that guy seriously when he alters his speaking style to sound like some sort of bizarre Saturday Night Live caricature of a Southern Baptist minister??

It struck me as being a mockery of Dr. Martin Luther King Junior's speaking style and, frankly, I found it appalling and offensive.  Dr. King didn't gussy-up his speaking style.  That was the way the man spoke, and he was brilliant and genuine.

Jones, on the other hand, couldn't even maintain character during the short period of time that I listened.  He would slip in and out of it, clearly demonstrating how fake it was.  Dude just needs to be himself.  His constituents elected him because they believed in him and wanted him to represent them well.  This was just... weird.

2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

So, absolutely all other things aside and without making nor implying anything "racial" about this issue... 

I watched Justin Jones address the legislature in defense of himself live on the Tennessee government's live-stream last week and really want to know:  Does anyone really take that guy seriously when he alters his speaking style to sound like some sort of bizarre Saturday Night Live caricature of a Southern Baptist minister??

It struck me as being a mockery of Dr. Martin Luther King Junior's speaking style and, frankly, I found it appalling and offensive.  Dr. King didn't gussy-up his speaking style.  That was the way the man spoke, and he was brilliant and genuine.

Jones, on the other hand, couldn't even maintain character during the short period of time that I listened.  He would slip in and out of it, clearly demonstrating how fake it was.  Dude just needs to be himself.  His constituents elected him because they believed in him and wanted him to represent them well.  This was just... weird.

I noticed. I chalked it up to him maybe being nervous, and attempting to speak clearly and concisely. 

It was even more obvious when he was doing interviews with national media. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I noticed. I chalked it up to him maybe being nervous, and attempting to speak clearly and concisely. 

It was even more obvious when he was doing interviews with national media. 

It was a struggle to listen to his message and not be distracted by the delivery style.  Hopefully he has strong mentors in his life that will coach him a little and help him just be himself.

• Like 1
Just now, TGO David said:

It was a struggle to listen to his message and not be distracted by the delivery style.  Hopefully he has strong mentors in his life that will coach him a little and help him just be himself.

Pearson actually seemed to do the same thing. Granted I haven’t heard him speak much outside of the latest videos, it does seem to be somewhat of a show. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, maroonandwhite said:

He actually seemed to call himself black Jesus if I understood it correctly. 

I thought this had to be a joke.  I was wrong.  There is also a very recent video of him speaking at a pulpit at what appeared to be a church somewhere, praying to "mother god" and inviting the spirits of deceased ancestors to speak through him.

I was nauseated by what I saw, but encouraged that we've got to be closer to Jesus' return than ever before.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I thought this had to be a joke.  I was wrong.  There is also a very recent video of him speaking at a pulpit at what appeared to be a church somewhere, praying to "mother god" and inviting the spirits of deceased ancestors to speak through him.

I was nauseated by what I saw, but encouraged that we've got to be closer to Jesus' return than ever before.

I’m continually amazed at how people can distort the Bible to this degree. He and his supporters clearly haven’t read it.

3 hours ago, TGO David said:

He's only 27, so plenty of time.  Especially now that he has national attention and a platform. 

• Like 1

Memphis is 99.999999% sure to follow suit later this week. The 2 expelled reps will be back in their seats, emboldened to embrace more antics with a clear mandate to say "what are you going to do about it?", and the GOP looks like a bunch of racist hillbillies.

All of which could have been avoided and contained if the TN GOP could see past the next 3 seconds and gone with a measured response like censure (nothing more than a formal reprimand that actually does nothing), removal or demotion in committees, and maybe a 3-day suspension or something and a clear warning to ALL members that any future transgression like that WILL result in expulsion. But they just can't seem to help themselves and played right into the DNC and the media's hands.

• Like 3
  • Admin Team

I’ll avoid commenting on the particulars other than just to say the TN GOP did more to strengthen the minority party than dozens of effective operatives on the ground could’ve hoped to accomplish in a decade.

Jones was reseated literally the next business day.

Pearson will be seated similarly - and they got backed into a corner on agreeing to pay to agreed upon funding.

Sexton got called out for actually residing in Davidson county - not the Crossville district he represents.

Brian Manookian is threatening to start outing mistresses - starting with Sexton’s.

Representative Johnson has been reassigned to her committees, and they’re reconsidering the language in Jones’ bills   

And to top it all off - they also got enjoined on their attempt to cut the metro council in half. 

Banner start to the legislative week. In any sane world Sexton wouldn’t survive as speaker - but it’s not like they’ve got better options in the likes of Faison or Lambreth. 

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I’ll avoid commenting on the particulars other than just to say the TN GOP did more to strengthen the minority party than dozens of effective operatives on the ground could’ve hoped to accomplish in a decade.

Pearson will be seated similarly - and they got backed into a corner on agreeing to pay to agreed upon funding.

Sexton got called out for actually residing in Davidson county - not the Crossville district he represents.

Brian Manookian is threatening to start outing mistresses - starting with Sexton’s.

Representative Johnson has been reassigned to her committees, and they’re reconsidering the language in Jones’ bills   

And to top it all off - they also got enjoined on their attempt to cut the metro council in half. 

Banner start to the legislative week. In any sane world Sexton wouldn’t survive as speaker - but it’s not like they’ve got better options in the likes of Faison or Lambreth. 

It was only a matter of time before their incompetence came to light.  They were too comfortable in their arrogance. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, MacGyver said:

7 hours ago, Links2k said:

It was only a matter of time before their incompetence came to light.  They were too comfortable in their arrogance. 

You know, this might be a good thing for the TN GOP. Seems like we need some fresh blood in there. People with a little more brains, instead of the yahoos we got in there now. And maybe, just maybe a bit more 2A friendly.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Moped said:

You know, this might be a good thing for the TN GOP. Seems like we need some fresh blood in there. People with a little more brains, instead of the yahoos we got in there now. And maybe, just maybe a bit more 2A friendly.

Are you willing to run for office? Me neither. That’s how we get what we got. The world is ran by those who show up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1