school shooting in Nashville at the Covenant School

FUJIMO

3 hours ago, Hozzie said:

I believe she knew exactly what she was doing and did it consciously.  

I believe you can be mentally il and still know exactly what you are doing.  She was not insane. Something inside her made her fixate on TCS as an outlet to whatever rage she was feeling inside. A chemical imbalance could do that, or just being mad at the world that you feel doesn’t understand or acknowledge you, or all of the above. Maybe she had a deathwish and wanted to die by cop. It really doesn’t matter at this point. It mattered yesterday when maybe someone could have intervened, or someone could have stopped to listen to whatever it was that was making her fixate on the school. Or something could have been done to change the direction she had put herself on.

But I will say, it wasn’t the gun’s fault. It was a tool. Just like a car is for someone who drives through a crowd or a rock is someone drops off an interstate bridge. Our mayor made the comment today that “guns took the lives of innocent people today” (paraphrasing). The guns didn’t do $h!t. Ms. Hale took their lives. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Update — New Video released of Audrey Hale shooting her way into Nashville Christian School… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

That's stomach churning. Interesting, too, how early reports had this animal entering through an unlocked door.

50 minutes ago, Darrell said:

That's stomach churning. Interesting, too, how early reports had this animal entering through an unlocked door.

The easiest thing to assume usually wins out absent facts.  We all wanted to believe it was an unlocked door since that's a easy fix.  Putting bulletproof glass in school entrances is less comforting to the human mind (and budget).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Darrell said:

It really bothered me how the National Media (FOX in particular) kept harping on that assumption, even after the local media and law enforcement had stated (and shown) she shot her way into the school. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, desertsubi said:

Must have checked Other when filling out their 4473.. Should have been grounds for denial right there.

I agree 100%, in fact I cannot imagine a more profound demonstration of mental illness then thinking you are another gender, except maybe the mass-hysteria that supports this manifestation of insanity.

12 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

It really bothered me how the National Media (FOX in particular) kept harping on that assumption, even after the local media and law enforcement had stated (and shown) she shot her way into the school. 

It's almost like the media can't be trusted...

Fox is among the worst. 

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It's almost like the media can't be trusted...

Fox is among the worst. 

NONE of them can be trusted.

It's impressive that you felt it necessary to bring a partisan slant into this thread, though.  Most folks wouldn't have had the nerve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator

News reports are saying that these are the two Metro Nashville Police Department officers who engaged with and took out Hale, preventing her from murdering any more children or adults.

• Officer Rex Englebert, a four-year MNPD veteran
  • Officer Michael Collazo, a nine-year MNPD veteran

If accurate, bravo to them!  They went in, did work, and saved lives.  HEROES.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

Well, I felt the local Nashville news did a very good job yesterday of reporting the facts as they were determined with out adding any “opinion” to them. I only know what was happening on the national news because my wife had to watch that from Mississippi. I was able to keep her updated better from the local news. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TGO David said:

News reports are saying that these are the two Metro Nashville Police Department officers who engaged with and took out Hale, preventing her from murdering any more children or adults.

• Officer Rex Englebert, a four-year MNPD veteran
  • Officer Michael Collazo, a nine-year MNPD veteran

If accurate, bravo to them!  They went in, did work, and saved lives.  HEROES.

Yes they did! Under fire from an upstairs window as they arrived and under fire when they engaged her. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, TGO David said:

NONE of them can be trusted.

Which is what I said. 

17 minutes ago, TGO David said:

It's impressive that you felt it necessary to bring a partisan slant into this thread, though.  Most folks wouldn't have had the nerve.

By mentioning Fox? Which he already said was the one pushing that narrative.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Snaveba said:

We won’t really know her motive until they release the contents of the manifesto. 

Even then...will we get the entire "manifesto"? Much as we hate it, and hate to believe such things happen; who's to say we won't recieve a redacted version?

Agenda driven politicans and media could decide to release "what's best for us" to know.

It has happened before.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Sad watching the video how potentially easy it would have been to take her out early if there was only an armed teacher/staff or two nearby in the entry or hall.

Do private Christian schools not have SROs?

Nope. If they wish for an armed presence they must pay for that out of their budget. No taxpayer assistance involved in that one. 

• Like 3
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Nope. If they wish for an armed presence they must pay for that out of their budget. No taxpayer assistance involved in that one. 

Interestingly, on the heels of this incident our neighbors in Kentucky are proposing legislative changes that will provide SROs for private schools.

New legislation expands SRO options for Ky. private schools (msn.com)

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

My running group would meet up at the Jewish Community Center in Bellevue just west of this area.  They had armed security. Did not appear to be contracted (no private company logos) so maybe off duty police?  Either way there would be the personnel in town if they looked for them.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know why she passed on the other school, as the Chief stated she decided, "That school had too much security." I would like to know the security that steered the shooter away from attacking that school. Whatever it was it worked in this instance. 

I believe all our Rutherford County Schools have SROs in them. 

Edited to add; IMO, good use of taxpayer dollars, SROs in all schools. When are they going to learn entrances need to be hardened to public buildings. For sure where children are inside. Would not cost too much to apply the 3M membranes to the entrance doors and windows. I don't think they can shoot and bust out the glass like this shooter did. the material supposed to keep the glass in tact and not have it shatter.

I have double pain storm doors with the 3M plastic between the pains and the company(Larson Security Doors) guarantee no one can break through the glass parts. These doors cost about twice what a normal storm door cost. I paid 400.00, each door, 10 years ago. That 3M material can be applied to inside of glass pains and it strengthens them. I don't think it is bullet proof but would like to see if it would help keep the glass from shattering. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Admin Team
1 hour ago, hipower said:

Even then...will we get the entire "manifesto"? Much as we hate it, and hate to believe such things happen; who's to say we won't recieve a redacted version?

Agenda driven politicans and media could decide to release "what's best for us" to know.

It has happened before.

The manifesto doesn't matter.

As reasonable people we're drawn to looking for a reason for something - but sometimes there just isn't one.  A mentor told me a long time ago when working a case involving children that, "you're trying to make logical sense of something that can't be understood."  The reason it happened was this person was terribly broken.

Should it be studied by people who might look for warning signs in other cases?  Sure, I guess. Even that probably won't do much good. It's not like any legislature is going to give them the tools to do something about it.

This girl did contact a former middle school teammate and tell her she was going to do something terrible and that she was going to die. She received the message at a few minutes before 10:00  The girl made contact with 911 at 10:13.  The first call from campus happened at 10:14.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, TGO David said:

This news posting has the full body-cam footage from the entry team.  DAMN.

BODY CAM VIDEO: Moment Nashville Police encounter elementary school mass shooter | WZTV (fox17.com)

Officer Collazo did WORK on this day.  Out ####ing standing!!

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

A buddy told me he hoped they did cpr and revived the b$#%ch than shot her again. He'll be disappointed 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, pop pop said:

It would be interesting to know why she passed on the other school, as the Chief stated she decided, "That school had too much security." I would like to know the security that steered the shooter away from attacking that school. Whatever it was it worked in this instance. 

I believe all our Rutherford County Schools have SROs in them. 

Edited to add; IMO, good use of taxpayer dollars, SROs in all schools. When are they going to learn entrances need to be hardened to public buildings. For sure where children are inside. Would not cost too much to apply the 3M membranes to the entrance doors and windows. I don't think they can shoot and bust out the glass like this shooter did. the material supposed to keep the glass in tact and not have it shatter.

I have double pain storm doors with the 3M plastic between the pains and the company(Larson Security Doors) guarantee no one can break through the glass parts. These doors cost about twice what a normal storm door cost. I paid 400.00, each door, 10 years ago. That 3M material can be applied to inside of glass pains and it strengthens them. I don't think it is bullet proof but would like to see if it would help keep the glass from shattering. 

I know a bit about public school security. This is a private school so the same security may not be in play. That may be the determining factor of all of this.